Trac’s 2024 Season Over

4 hours ago, Jack Vineys Anger Manager said:

Reports that our best player, our only Norm Smith Medalist, future captain and his family,  are not happy with the club.
Yet the club remains silent. No statement, nothing.

They must be busy.

Petracca will be in the black and white next year. Book mark it. 

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 4

31 minutes ago, old dee said:

I am hopeful that you don't think I made it up to suit my view! On the Tuesday morning I sent the club an email criticising the decision to send the player back on. Today they rang me. Believe it or not. As for negatives I have never been an accept every decision the club makes person. They make errors like everyone. I remember being called negative about the Weid. I was right. 

Thanks for the detail that you had emailed them with a critical message and they phoned you back (amazing in itself). 

No, I wouldn't accuse you of making it up. Just possibly interpreting what was said to you in a gloomy way (which is sadly doubtless often the right position given our history since 1964).

But I still wonder exactly what the person said on the phone.  You said that person didn't deny fault (or somesuch word).  I can imagine that person was instructed to not argue with any members, but instead make the sort of bland remarks our govt and corporate leaders make without committing to anything and thus allowing you to read what you liked into it.  That's why I asked for a verbatim account of what they said so I could get info on whether the club thought the docs should all be sacked or otherwise.

As I've said several times, the fact that the initial scans at the hospital didn't reveal a big problem, just shows how difficult it was for our docs, and tends to make me believe they were not particularly negligent.  Note I said 'tends' - not proof.

• Like 5
  • Clap 2

4 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Based on what, their fans saying so on social media?

Probably just based on a disposition to always think the worst which pervades this site.  Or more positively, a hope that by saying such things, it will jinx it actually happening.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, KingDingAling said:

Petracca will be in the black and white next year. Book mark it. 

I've heard the same thing.

Petracca to Collingwood in a straight swap for both Daicos brothers plus Quaynor thrown in as steak knives.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 11
  • Clap 3

7 hours ago, old dee said:

With broken ribs and a punched lung I double he will do anything this side of October. Those injuries don't heal fast not to mention his ruptured Spleen.

OD, May missed 1 week with broken ribs while recovery from a punctured lung is 6 - 8 weeks and a lacerated spleen is 2 - 2.5 months to return to full contact regardless of grading. While Trac will not be able to train at all for a few weeks he should be able to start with light exercise within 4 weeks and gradually build up to full training including contact after 12 weeks. The biggest challenge will be building up to return to play if we make Finals after losing 2 months worth of conditioning.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, sue said:

Probably just based on a disposition to always think the worst which pervades this site.  Or more positively, a hope that by saying such things, it will jinx it actually happening.  

So many embarrassing supporters who clearly were happiest in the Neeld era. We won a flag FFS but even that wasn't enough as it was in Perth.

• Like 7
  • Clap 4

2 hours ago, chookrat said:

OD, May missed 1 week with broken ribs while recovery from a punctured lung is 6 - 8 weeks and a lacerated spleen is 2 - 2.5 months to return to full contact regardless of grading. While Trac will not be able to train at all for a few weeks he should be able to start with light exercise within 4 weeks and gradually build up to full training including contact after 12 weeks. The biggest challenge will be building up to return to play if we make Finals after losing 2 months worth of conditioning.

1. We ain’t making finals

2. If by some miracle of epic proportions we do, he is not playing. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

1. We ain’t making finals

2. If by some miracle of epic proportions we do, he is not playing. 

Forget footy. He needs the rest of the year to recover and get his body right. My worry is the injury, the operation and painful recovery have been so traumatic that we may not see the same player again. Injuries of this severity can have lasting effects. And my despair at this catastrophe might be somewhat alleviated if I thought for a moment there would be some likelihood of revenge in the last round. But it wouldn’t even register with our coaching team.

If it was up to me , next game, Moore would be fair game if he happened to find himself, oddly for him sitting under a high ball. Free license to drive your knee straight into his back or side just as he did so blatantly and with zero repercussions! 

• Like 2
  • Clap 3

9 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Forget footy. He needs the rest of the year to recover and get his body right. My worry is the injury, the operation and painful recovery have been so traumatic that we may not see the same player again. Injuries of this severity can have lasting effects. And my despair at this catastrophe might be somewhat alleviated if I thought for a moment there would be some likelihood of revenge in the last round. But it wouldn’t even register with our coaching team.

If it was up to me , next game, Moore would be fair game if he happened to find himself, oddly for him sitting under a high ball. Free license to drive your knee straight into his back or side just as he did so blatantly and with zero repercussions! 

We think similarly...   I suspect the FD might give a wink and a nudge... the team.... yeah nah..  Not an ounce of niggle or mongrel apparently. 

Fuchsias.   I actually find it a bit disturbing, embarassing.

Kinda... you know who your mates are etc....

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

They are all fair game. I’m almost convinced this is a tactic used against us. I’ve seen many of their players employ this tactic over the years. Cox on Gawn, Maynard on Gus, Moore even tough it was an accident , just doesn’t sit well. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

They are all fair game. I’m almost convinced this is a tactic used against us. I’ve seen many of their players employ this tactic over the years. Cox on Gawn, Maynard on Gus, Moore even tough it was an accident , just doesn’t sit well. 

Moore’s was no accident! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

Doesn't sound like all is well between the two camps right now. I'm sure it will settle though.

The club is not innocent in this however let’s not let Trac’s decision escape without scrutiny. He’s no longer a rookie where he needs to be handheld in every decision he makes, he is a leader in the club and while his intent was noble, he has contributed to inflaming the situation. He should know this and tell his family to stay quiet. 

Just need to look at how May dealt with the situation, case in point. Was subbed out without issue. Do you honestly think the doctors treated it any differently? 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

The club is not innocent in this however let’s not let Trac’s decision escape without scrutiny. He’s no longer a rookie where he needs to be handheld in every decision he makes, he is a leader in the club and while his intent was noble, he has contributed to inflaming the situation. He should know this and tell his family to stay quiet. 

Just need to look at how May dealt with the situation, case in point. Was subbed out without issue. Do you honestly think the doctors treated it any differently? 

Might have saved Max a tough on field conversation as well by the sound of it.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, sue said:

Probably just based on a disposition to always think the worst which pervades this site.

Or more positively, a hope that by saying such things, it will jinx it actually happening.  

I vote for this one.

tbh, I didn’t read the second one past the words “Or more positively…” coz, well, Demonland. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I vote for this one.

tbh, I didn’t read the second one past the words “Or more positively…” coz, well, Demonland. 

Demonland seems to be to blame for a lot of your problems.....

• Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Demonland seems to be to blame for a lot of your problems.....

Who are you? No seriously, who the [censored] are you? You’ve been on this site for five minutes and you think you know me? I’ll give you the good oil… you don’t.

You stuck your nose in my business in another thread where it definitely wasn’t warranted. Please don’t make a habit of it. Run along now.

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Eased up on the poor sap. It can’t be easy being such a dropkick
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Who are you? No seriously, who the [censored] are you? You’ve been on this site for five minutes and you think you know me? I’ll give you the good oil… you don’t.

You stuck your nose in my business in another thread where it definitely wasn’t warranted. Please don’t make a habit of it. Run along now. 

No need to be rude, you just come across as someone who is negative towards other people and their opinions on here often.

And you never answered my question on that page either, it seems strange that you would put something like that onto a public forum for everyone to see but then be taken aback and call it unwarranted when people ask you questions about it.

Anyway sorry to bother you, have a good one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sue said:

But I still wonder exactly what the person said on the phone.  You said that person didn't deny fault (or somesuch word).  I can imagine that person was instructed to not argue with any members, but instead make the sort of bland remarks our govt and corporate leaders make without committing to anything and thus allowing you to read what you liked into it.  That's why I asked for a verbatim account of what they said so I could get info on whether the club thought the docs should all be sacked or otherwise.

The person with whom OD spoke would surely have made generic, non-committal comments. They’re instructed to do so. These people aren’t much more than a sounding board. A friend of mine emailed Pert similarly and received an email that really could’ve been about anything, placating a disgruntled ‘customer.’ 

• Like 2

I have heard the same about Petracca to Collingwood from friend who’s an employee in the AFL.

Was told this the end of last season 

Really hope this is false, but the way we’ve imploded this year in so many ways makes me worried 

• Facepalm 3
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

The person with whom OD spoke would surely have made generic, non-committal comments. They’re instructed to do so. These people aren’t much more than a sounding board. A friend of mine emailed Pert similarly and received an email that really could’ve been about anything, placating a disgruntled ‘customer.’ 

Probably like a "Your email is important to us. Here at MFC we care nothing more about winning football games and delivering happiness to all our fans. Our medical staff are some of the highest trained in the country and we have our utmost trust in their abilites, this does not mean medical decisions are 100% correct with the information at hand at any the time but we do our very best. 

We've also been in contact with Christian and he is doing fine. We've enjoyed a great relationship with the Petracca family in the past and will continue to do so into the future" 

Nothing that can be seen as wrong there, hopefully I got the job.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 2

32 minutes ago, layzie said:

Probably like a "Your email is important to us. Here at MFC we care nothing more about winning football games and delivering happiness to all our fans. Our medical staff are some of the highest trained in the country and we have our utmost trust in their abilites, this does not mean medical decisions are 100% correct with the information at hand at any the time but we do our very best. 

We've also been in contact with Christian and he is doing fine. We've enjoyed a great relationship with the Petracca family in the past and will continue to do so into the future" 

Nothing that can be seen as wrong there, hopefully I got the job.

Laughing at the satire.  Well done.

Certainly sounds like us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Based on what, their fans saying so on social media?

15 hours ago, sue said:

Just take note of the poster's user name.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Billy said:

I have heard the same about Petracca to Collingwood from friend who’s an employee in the AFL.

Was told this the end of last season 

Really hope this is false, but the way we’ve imploded this year in so many ways makes me worried 

Do you really believe this [censored]?

Petracca has literally cried talking about how much he loves this club.

• Like 2
  • Love 2