POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

A performance that bad forces a focus everywhere and change to be made. Lets get back to playing a style that suits the list. Lets put players in their best positions. Lets prepare this week so we can actually cover the ground for 4 quarters. Lets omit players who need to find form and effort and reward those performing at VFL even if just to bring some new energy. Its time to see what type of culture we really have. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wizardinoz said:

The drafting of McAdam is a bust. He has no penetration in his kicking and cannot hit up a target from 20m away. Lachie Hunter mkll.

His recruitment upset me more than any other has no physical presence what so ever. Is miles off AFL standard. Glad we have signed Trac long term couldn’t imagine what he is thinking. This was Neeld on steroids. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

That's not only season defining. It's era defining.

I really hope you don't get totally bashed for this post because games like this very well can alter a football club's arc.

It's too simple to call this a one off, the ultimate fork in the road if you've ever seen it.

• Like 4

Just now, BDA said:

A team with this level of talent should not be belted by 90 points.

I don't know how people can keep saying this, it's bordering on delusional. We have a few stars. After that ...

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

-32 inside 50s. Our midfield has fallen off a cliff and we rely on Max dominating to have a chance. 

I think Max may have been out best midfielder today.

Full credit to the boys, they chased their opponents around hard all day.

1 minute ago, bing181 said:

Nothing to do with Goodwin. Turnovers, contested possession, clearances ... all on the players. Though even there, we just don't have the cattle and there are players out there who are out of their depth.

lmfao suggest you take the red and blue glasses off and see ,clearly game plan is shot pure and simple, one paced midfield, forward line is non existence.

• Like 2

I think we need to look at moving a few players on end of season to get 2-3 picks inside the first round. Forget trying to bring in readymade as the list is done.

Start  with Salem,Rivers & Oliver. Tommo and BBB will be gone. I’d also look for a new coach as I think Goodwin has lost the players with this plan. 

We won’t contend for a while but it’ll save us from bottoming out during Tassie draft years. 

Sad conclusion to our window but I think it has been on the cards for a while now. -  o longer an aberration but definitely a trend. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Did not see that coming.  We haven't been thrashed liked that since our bad days.

We were playing a team that was outside the 8. We don't even have injuries to use as an excuse. 

Not sure what we do now.

Can't wait to hear goody spin on this in his presser. 

This game reminded me of the Adelaide game in 2018 when we spanked them by 90 points only the shoe was on the other foot this time around.

I was happy to give McAdam a month or so to find his feet in the side, but he looks nowhere near AFL standard at the moment. 

• Thinking 1

Just now, bing181 said:

I don't know how people can keep saying this, it's bordering on delusional. We have a few stars. After that ...

We have a better list than most of the top 8 sides. We came into this season with the best defense in the league over the last 4 years, and a midfield with like 10 AA jackets, two coaches awards, and a Norm Smith. 

Our list is certainly a LOT better than to lose by 90+ points to [censored] Fremantle!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

As bad as we were, nothing can spoil this day for me. My daughter just gave me a granddaughter. 
After today, I think l’ll be buying her a Swanies membership! 

Well done but hold the line. Go Dees

I like the gameplan at a theoretical level. The problem is that Goodwin had the team playing the boundary for so many years we had lost the fast movement skills necessary for the new gameplan.

Nowhere is this better demonstrated than at Casey.

• Like 3

Just now, Diamond_Jim said:

I like the gameplan at a theoretical level.

In theory, communism works too. 

We have to play to our strengths. Speed, football IQ and skills is not it. 

• Like 5

Hey Simon, I can still run, I can still kick, I can handball pretty well, and Im 67 next month do u want me to play next week?

4 minutes ago, Buzzy said:

If we miss the 8 this year, is there anyone that wouldn't support 'Goodwin Out'?

Surely it would be time.  We have wasted what should have been a golden era.

I suspect the players don't care enough any more.  There is nowhere near the required pressure being applied.

What an embarrasment, this and West Coast.  YUCK

What are you on about? Bloke's had us in top 4 for 3.5 years. You obviously weren't around for the bad years. 

Judd, Kerr and Cousins also only got one flag, were they also wasted careers?

Entitled Melbourne supporters will get us back to dark ages, not Simon Goodwin

• Like 9
  • Clap 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Yeah, we lost momentum after letting Bedford walk tbh and Jackson leaving. Brayshaw a huge gap. Recruitment has been poor and the handling of Grundy isn't scrutinised enough.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1