GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Apart from rounds 1-2 our midfield have been belted all year. wtf is going on in our engine room? Max is having his best season in 5 years and the rest are [censored] the bed.

• Like 2

righto. i’m off to my super important BS meeting

ill be checking this thread though so no spoilers!!

Tall forwards need to at least contest the footy and bring it to ground, getting out marked far too easily. Smalls need to apply far more defensive pressure when it does hit the deck. Looks like they're walking it out at times. We're not out of this yet but given its wet it's going to be a struggle.

7 minutes ago, Demon_spurs said:

I'm still quietly confident 

I was before the game but that has quickly worn off! Grabbing a drink to settle my nerves.

It’s hard to think of anyone who is playing well for us and so many non existent. It’s been a real hard watch so far. Would love to know how fit our midfielders are. 

9 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

They've been instructed by the powers that be.

It's Blind Freddy and friends out there in Green.

I don’t understand why more club execs don’t question this in public

For a multi billion dolllar enterprise it’s absolutely unacceptable 

heads must roll

if nothing else pert just question the treatment of max 

Bigger than umpiring though. Post the Maynard attempted murder pert should have beelined for media hip and shouldered daixos away and said “THAT. WAS. NOT. A. FOOTBALL. ACTION. We expected 8 weeks.”

Our game plan and forward structures are not conducive to kicking big scores.

That’s been a problem for a while and been staring us in the face for so long.

Weve placed too much of an emphasis on contest and defence, to the detriment of scoring quickly.

Scoreboard pressure is the best type, ours moves slower than a flat battery clock

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, layzie said:

when Trac kicked the two we still didn't have the run of play. By the way why take him off?' He's playing forward FFS. 

Petty is being smashed by Weitering. Pickett unsighted. 

What do you want me to do? 

- 16 contested

Yes, why did we take Tracc off.  Just a complete brain fade of where the game was at and instead going with pre programmed rotations like robots.

Same with Max in the first.  Left off at the wrong time of the match for too long.

Petty down back on DeKoning to free up Lever as the spare.

Leave Tracc up forward.  Kozzy into the middle.

Edited by Demon Dynasty

Good night.

12 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

They've been instructed by the powers that be.

It's Blind Freddy and friends out there in Green.

I don’t understand why more club execs don’t question this in public

For a multi billion dolllar enterprise it’s absolutely unacceptable 

heads must roll

if nothing else pert just question the treatment of max 

Bigger than umpiring though. Post the Maynard attempted murder pert should have beelined for media hip and shouldered daixos away and said “THAT. WAS. NOT. A. FOOTBALL. ACTION. We expected 8 weeks.”

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Our midfield is really broken.

Jack Viney is nothing like his last season. They look very very flat footed.

That tackle by Sparrow was unacceptable.

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Well a couple of Carlton fans just got engaged on the big screen while Love Story by Taylor Swift was playing. 
So…. Ummm… yeah 

The MCC is playing to the [censored]. Can’t talk to your neighbour during breaks in game now.

That passage sums our night in 10 seconds of play. Poor hit out, weak tackle attempt, no pressure at ground level, defenders out of position.