• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Best 44 2024

WERRIDEE

R1

B: McVee, May, Lever

HB: Rivers, Tomlinson, Bowey

C: Langdon, Oliver, Hunter

HF: Petracca, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Petty, McAdam

FOLL: Gawn, Brayshaw, Viney

IC: Salem, Sparrow, Billings, Spargo

SUB: Chandler

EMERG: Woewodin, Howes, Turner

Casey

B: Hore, Turner, Adams

HB: Howes, Schache, Freeman (Casey)

C: Woewodin, Laurie, Windsor

HF: Tholstrup, McDonald, Sestan

F: Jefferson, B. Brown, Moniz-Wakefield

FOLL: Fullerton, White (Casey), Grey (Casey)

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, K. Brown, Steele (Casey), 23rd man (Casey)

SUS: Pickett, Smith

INJ: Melksham

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

IC: Salem, Sparrow, Billings, Woey

EMERG: Spargo, Howes, Turner

Casey

HB: Howes, Schache, Connolly (Casey)

C:  Steele (Casey) , Laurie, Windsor

FOLL: Fullerton, White (Casey), Spargo

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, K. Brown, Mitch Szybkowski (Casey), Riak Andrew 23rd.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

R1

IC: Salem, Sparrow, Billings, Spargo

EMERG: Woewodin, Howes, Turner

Casey

HB: Howes, Schache, Connelly (Casey)

C: Steele (Casey), Laurie, Windsor

FOLL: Fullerton, White (Casey), Woewodin

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, K. Brown, Szybkowski (Casey), 23rd man (Casey)

Can't believe Grey has gone. Casey will be unrecognisable with Grey and Munro no longer around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

IC: Salem, Sparrow, Billings, Woey

EMERG: Spargo, Howes, Turner

Casey

HB: Howes, Schache, Connolly (Casey)

C:  Steele (Casey) , Laurie, Windsor

FOLL: Fullerton, White (Casey), Spargo

IC: Verrall, Farris-White, K. Brown, Mitch Szybkowski (Casey), Riak Andrew 23rd.  

Our sides are pretty close, didn't keep up with Casey's in's and out's til now. The only difference is Spargo for Woewodin.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Can't believe Grey has gone. Casey will be unrecognisable with Grey and Munro no longer around.

Someone is going to have to step up in the tackling department. Munro was prolific and Grey often not far behind. Will miss Grey's skills.

Very unusual to lose 2 from leadership group...I expect they both would have been peeved to have 7 available players sitting in the stands in their last game, a final. Both played critical roles in the 22 grand final.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, Bystander said:

Someone is going to have to step up in the tackling department. Munro was prolific and Grey often not far behind. Will miss Grey's skills.

Very unusual to lose 2 from leadership group...I expect they both would have been peeved to have 7 available players sitting in the stands in their last game, a final. Both played critical roles in the 22 grand final.

Yes the 7/8 available players left out was not received well at Casey. Especially give 4/5 players could have easily played without a problem really as only 3 emergencies were potentially required. In fact only Schache was added the following week and he was the unused sub.  🤮😤🤣  A question mark against the “alliance “. 

• Like 1

Fox Footy have come up with our predicted lineup for Round 1

Don't mind it

B: Adam Tomlinson, Steven May, Trent Rivers

HB: Judd McVee, Jake Lever, Christian Salem

C: Lachie Hunter, Clayton Oliver, Ed Langdon

HF: Alex Neal-Bullen, Bailey Fritsch, Charlie Spargo

F: Shane McAdam, Harrison Petty, Jacob van Rooyen

FOLL: Max Gawn, Christian Petracca, Jack Viney

I/C: Angus Brayshaw, Jake Bowey, Tom Sparrow, Jack Billings, Kade Chandler (sub)

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Fox Footy have come up with our predicted lineup for Round 1

Don't mind it

B: Adam Tomlinson, Steven May, Trent Rivers

HB: Judd McVee, Jake Lever, Christian Salem

C: Lachie Hunter, Clayton Oliver, Ed Langdon

HF: Alex Neal-Bullen, Bailey Fritsch, Charlie Spargo

F: Shane McAdam, Harrison Petty, Jacob van Rooyen

FOLL: Max Gawn, Christian Petracca, Jack Viney

I/C: Angus Brayshaw, Jake Bowey, Tom Sparrow, Jack Billings, Kade Chandler (sub)

That's my side.

• Like 2

• Demonland changed the title to Best 44 2024
2 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Pickett missing? Is there something we haven't heard injury wise there?

At this stage I think Fullarton is more likely than Petty.

I think Fullarton will play with Petty and JVR.  

I reckon Woewodin will also play.  

10 minutes ago, Nascent said:

Pickett missing? Is there something we haven't heard injury wise there?

At this stage I think Fullarton is more likely than Petty.

Kozzie is suspended Round Zero.!

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, drdrake said:

I think Fullarton will play with Petty and JVR.  

I reckon Woewodin will also play.  

That would be the ideal set-up down the track. I'm not sure Petty will be ready for round 1 though but it's still early in the pre-season yet.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Laurie and Howes given some game time early in the year.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 1

FB: McVee May xxxxx
HB: Rivers Lever Salem
C;  xxxxx   Petracca xxxx
HF: ANB  Petty  Pickett
FF: Fritsch JVR McAdam
Foll: Gawn Oliver Viney
Int: Bowey Sparrow Brayshaw  xxxx
S: xxxxx

If McAdam has a big preseason fitness block I think he slots in to the best side. His combination of goal kicker and pressure player is something we don’t have in a medium or tall forward. After that:

Backline: Hore v Turner v Tommo 
Wings: Langdon v Hunter v Windsor v Billings v Woey
Small forward: Spargo v Chandler
Med forward: Fullarton v J Smith v Tholstrup v Billings 

So many moving parts depending on game plan, match ups and if they move guys around.

For instance if Rivers moves in to the midfield then suddenly you’ve got a competition between Hore and Howes for a back flank. And you have to decide between Tracc as a nearly full time forward, Viney as a forward or Gus on the wing. 

I just hope they genuinely train guys up in multiple roles this summer and experiment with a heap of different line ups. 

• Like 4

I think Salem should only play if he is well enough and gets his strength back

He shouldn't be a lock in selection in my view like last year Who can play his role if he doesn't come up?

• Like 1

On 27/11/2023 at 15:16, SthSea22 said:

Best backline in the comp

Spargo will make way for Kozzy once he serves his suspension

Spargo played his best game for the year in the final against Carlton. But the general consensus is we lost because we weren't linking up well which is his role. So either his best isn't good enough or we need 2 Spargos

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

the things you think about when you lie awake at night...

best 23:
B: McVee - May - Lever
HB: Rivers - Turner - Salem
C: Langdon - Brayshaw - Hunter
HF: Petracca - Petty - Neal-Bullen
F: van Rooyen - Fritsch - Pickett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Spargo - Bowey - McAdam - Sparrow
Sub: Melksham

next 21:
B: Hore - Tomlinson - Adams
HB: N Brown - McDonald - Howes
C: Windsor - Chandler - Billings
HF: Tholstrup - Jefferson - Smith
F: Schache - B Brown - Moniz-Wakefield
Foll: Fullarton - Woewodin - Laurie
I/c: Verrall - Sestan - Farris-White

rd 1:
B: McVee - May - Lever
HB: Rivers - Turner - Salem
C: Langdon - Brayshaw - Hunter
HF: Petracca - van Rooyen - Neal-Bullen
F: Fritsch - B Brown - McAdam
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Spargo - Billings - Bowey - Sparrow
Sub: Woewodin

my expectation is that the following will be unavailable:
- Melksham (knee)
- Smith (suspension)
- Petty (foot)
- Pickett (suspension)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/12/2023 at 08:01, Wrecker46 said:

Spargo played his best game for the year in the final against Carlton. But the general consensus is we lost because we weren't linking up well which is his role. So either his best isn't good enough or we need 2 Spargos

2 Spargo's dont make a Sparget!

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...