• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Steven May Hospitalised

Dannyz

56 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Unfortunately there's not to much you can come back to pies fans with. 

They're the ones that won the gf on the G & the fans got to see them do that. They're the ones that are celebrating & soaking it up.

Lets face it, if roles were reversed & Maynard or degoey said that about Melbourne we'd be all over it.

We just have to suck it up & realise we've stuffed it up 2 years in a row & come back better next year 

Not really, I didn't go out of my way to look at what the Bulldogs, Lions or Geelong supporters were saying about us back in 2021.

But it is to be expected from the most self-centred club in the competition, it is always about them.

Edited by ElDiablo14
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

How triggered are Pies fans? It is fantastic. So insecure.

They’re so bad

I told my pie mate the day before the grand final I just don’t want Howe to get a premiership because of how badly he talks about Melbourne.. the response was ‘wow how soft are you that you get upset someone said something about your club?’

Guess who’s lost their cool since mays comments haha the melts were hilarious 

Edited by Demongirl35
  • Haha 1

Loved Cornes this morning...got stuck into May but really winding up the C/wood faithful then got stuck into the Tiges.

...if you're going to be a click bait junkie you can't do much better than that.

I hope he sent a nice gift to Steven for services rendered.

• Clap 1

22 minutes ago, rjay said:

Loved Cornes this morning...got stuck into May but really winding up the C/wood faithful then got stuck into the Tiges.

...if you're going to be a click bait junkie you can't do much better than that.

I hope he sent a nice gift to Steven for services rendered.

Dees fans, even those who think they were ill advised or plain wrong, should double down and really lean into maysie's comments. 

Add a dash of conspiracy - 'I've heard from a reliable source that Gill was obsessed with finishing his career as CEO with 100k plus crowd at the gf and put pressure on the tribunal to get Maynard off - the flag has a huge astrisk'

Tell them the blues were a better  team.

Make some other merde up.

Collectively troll the hell out of pies' fans.

Psy ops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Demongirl35 said:

They’re so bad

I told my pie mate the day before the grand final I just don’t want Howe to get a premiership because of how badly he talks about Melbourne.. the response was ‘wow how soft are you that you get upset someone said something about your club?’

Guess who’s lost their cool since mays comments haha the melts were hilarious 

My filth supporting colleague kept saying "I can't wait to face them next season"... I was like 🙄🙄🙄 mate enjoy your premiership and shut up!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

My filth supporting colleague kept saying "I can't wait to face them next season"... I was like 🙄🙄🙄 mate enjoy your premiership and shut up!

I also love the ‘collingwoods in mays head rent free…’ of course.. everything’s rent free for pies fans.  ‘Mays just salty’ I think they do forget he’s won a premiership already.. he just wants more 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

May wasn’t wrong. He did look a bit baffled as to why he plays for - who he acknowledges to be - a superior team that cannot get the job done, against a less talented list. I know Collingwood fans won’t agree, but if both lists were on an open market for coaches - most coaches would choose our list. We’d probably beat Collingwood by 10 goals if we had Macrae. 

Not sure if coach Macrae could actually kick goals on the field, whomever he was coaching.

• Clap 1

12 hours ago, DubDee said:

i thought it was bloody brilliant and turned me from miserable to fired up for next year. that unfiltered passion will sign up new members 

Whatever gets supporters going I guess. 

We've heard a lot of 'talk' from our players since the '21 flag though haven't we. 

Premiership on the G, our team is unbelievable, last year's straight sets really being a motivator for this year, Langdon against Pies, May at the bnf... Talky talk. 

I'd much rather shut our mouths and just go about our business. 

• Like 1

After being at the B & F I love Stephen May that little bit more now. He was honestly gutted by the way our year ended and he definitely has some unfinished business next season. After the event was over he hung around for ages chatting to fans  when the others players had already left for their after party.

I loved talking to him and he is a genuinely top bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JimmyGadson said:

Onya @WalkingCivilWar

Keep those facepalms coming and not engaging in any sort of debate.

Really suits you. 

Oh, I love a debate. I even love a debate purely for the sake of a debate. However, in terms of against whom I’ll debate, I’m discerning. If I choose not to engage in debate with someone for whatever reason, or, as is the case here, multitude of reasons, I’ll facepalm them instead. Ergo, I facepalm you. 

PS: you said you suspect Rhino Richards and I are one and the same poster. Idk who Rhino Richards is but I’ll take that as a compliment. Thanks muchly!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

I'm of that persuasion too 'Jimmy', was always a fan of the Allan Jeans give them nothing boring press conference.

...but having said that, I'm not overly fussed by the whole thing.

Players cop it for the old one week at a time, the boys played well boring cliches...

When someones steps out of the box everyones lining up to whack them.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

33 minutes ago, rjay said:

I'm of that persuasion too 'Jimmy', was always a fan of the Allan Jeans give them nothing boring press conference.

...but having said that, I'm not overly fussed by the whole thing.

Players cop it for the old one week at a time, the boys played well boring cliches...

When someones steps out of the box everyones lining up to whack them.

Where's the nuance? Why does it have to be black and white? 

How hard is it for him to articulate how disappointed he is in the group and the year that we've had and speak from the heart in that sense? You can't begrudge someone for speaking from the heart and actually opening up on how they really feel. 

Surely that will connect with supporters and therefore have a far greater impact? 

What he said sounded precisely like a what an 18 year old's speech would sound like at a local footy bnf. 

And then people will excuse the drink? Man. 

Just carry yourself with some semblance class and humility for Christ's sake. It's not that hard. 

Edited by JimmyGadson

13 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

PS: you said you suspect Rhino Richards and I are one and the same poster. Idk who Rhino Richards is but I’ll take that as a compliment. Thanks muchly!

I rarely see you question anything. Or even engage in any sort of robust footy discussion. You just seem like the happy-go-lucky Melbourne supporter ala Rhino who sits there face-palming comments they don't like. 

How boring. 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

I rarely see you question anything. Or even engage in any sort of robust footy discussion. You just seem like the happy-go-lucky Melbourne supporter ala Rhino who sits there face-palming comments they don't like. 

How boring. 

That’s pretty much me. You make this sound like a bad thing.

Sure beats being a belligerent [censored]-stirrer. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JimmyGadson said:

Whatever gets supporters going I guess. 

We've heard a lot of 'talk' from our players since the '21 flag though haven't we. 

Premiership on the G, our team is unbelievable, last year's straight sets really being a motivator for this year, Langdon against Pies, May at the bnf... Talky talk. 

plenty of talk in 2021 too and we did it. 

have the balls to put yourself out there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

plenty of talk in 2021 too and we did it. 

have the balls to put yourself out there. 

There wasn't talk because we weren't expected to win it. The level of expectation and pressure wasn't the same. 

And it's not balls. Balls is getting the job done, without excuse. Regardless of injury, concussion to players, 'expected-score' excuse. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

There wasn't talk because we weren't expected to win it. The level of expectation and pressure wasn't the same. 

And it's not balls. Balls is getting the job done, without excuse. Regardless of injury, concussion to players, 'expected-score' excuse. 

there was talk but we can’t control the expectation in the media or public. Goody went on record at the start of 2021 saying we’ll win it within the club and to Mike Sheehan in private. 

May didn’t offer any excuses as you mention above in fact he put himself up for ridicule and attention get year if we don’t beat the Pies in finals. I loved it. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

there was talk but we can’t control the expectation in the media or public. Goody went on record at the start of 2021 saying we’ll win it within the club and to Mike Sheehan in private. 

May didn’t offer any excuses as you mention above in fact he put himself up for ridicule and attention get year if we don’t beat the Pies in finals. I loved it. 

Yeh I know he didn't make excuse. We as a club have made excuses though since that 21 flag.

But he thinks we're better than them and should have 'smoked' them and stated it publicly.

They won the flag, beat us in the most important game (bar the grand final) of the year for us and have had the wood over us for years.

It's just a thoughtless public statement made from a previous captain of an AFL club and it simply doesn't wash because we lost to them in a big final and they won the flag.

16 hours ago, Stretch Johnson said:

On a serious note, May's comments are indicative of what is wrong with the MFC at the moment.

Stop complaining, whinging and behaving like spoilt brats.

We are looking like the 2004 Port Adelaide side who should have had a dynasty, but didn't, because they were sooky arrogant frogs.

They did have a "dynasty". But it was from 2001 to 2004 when Port were best team in the home and away period and under performed in Finals.

What's so evident is that there is  no doubt within the Club ( and a majority of our supporter base )  a strong school of opinion based on Kings Birthday and the QF that we have a very good grasp of how to beat the Pies. 

I don't think that's wrong or misplaced given what happened in both games. However maybe it's best left inside the four walls for the time being. 

The real facts are that we beat ourselves in both the QF vs Pies  and Semi vs Blues with lack of composure and some very poor kicking for goal plus a couple of external factors which tipped the scales against us on the days. ( Over the 2 games the Maynard incident's effects, the Schache debacle, the indiscipline vs Blues and what seemed like a consistent lack of rub of the green in the Semi with both the field and referral personnel). Pity is we totally stuffed up the second chance we were given "not learning our lessons"  to coin a very relevant phrase from over the season and QF. 

Now last season Cwood failed by four and one point in the QF vs Cats and one point vs the Swans the Prelim. I have no doubts they believed internally they should have won both those games and deserved to be in the GF. But we haven't heard them publicly utter such thoughts. They have let their actions do the talking this year no matter how close the results were. 

Our task is to do that in 2024 and win the flag to prove our internal claim and when we can then state we believed we were not far off the pace in 2023 and that has fuelled our base for belief and results in 2024.

It's a simple task when stated but much harder in execution. We must leave no stones unturned if we are to to achieve this including asking IMO Hawkins, Isaac Smith, Sam Reid and Jack Ginnivan if any or either are keen to join us on the ride. If you don't ask you don't get!!

We are justified to ask them because we are up to our eyeballs in the premiership race and the X factor of any one of them could well tip the scales in our favour in the very close competition that is the AFL in the modern era. Our results in the last 3 years are that we have lost 13 of 21 games by 7 points or less with about half of those having at least the same number or more scoring shots. Such a fine line. 

• Like 2