Harrison Petty

Demonland

The interview was fine. He received a big money offer which turned his head. We've told him he's not going so that's that. He'll settle down again and be fine.

But if he does end up going in a year or two we should trade him to Port. [censored] the Crows.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BDA said:

The interview was fine. He received a big money offer which turned his head. We've told him he's not going so that's that. He'll settle down again and be fine.

But if he does end up going in a year or two we should trade him to Port. [censored] the Crows.

We've probably also told him that if he bides his time, there will be a big or bigger money offer deal comming from us too.

Honestly disgraceful interview. The channel 7 one is all he should have said. 

Why should we invest any more in his development, his rehab, his leadership, his knowledge of the game when he has told us he'll be out the door and it's just a matter of time?

Many of us get the realities but the club's and players owe a duty to their extremely loyal and long suffering fans to not let dialogue like that into the open air. 

If you're to say that, just request the trade and be done with it.

• Like 3

Ch.9's claimed as 'Exclusive', so Ch.7's done after?

Conspiracy theory: Club got in his ear between the two? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

@binman - i think you'll find that jonno brown was 100% regarded as the best player in his draft

the bears got him as a father-son gift cos his dad played 51 games with fitzroy; i believe it was part of the reason it was extended to 100 games from 50

Well we got a steal with JVR then given he compares favourably with Brown at the same age!

• Like 1

“The decision has kind of been made now by Melbourne, which I’m totally fine with, I’m happy I’m on an AFL list still,” Petty told Nine Adelaide.

“I suppose at some stage I’d be open to a move back (home)… it is tough at times but my family are lucky enough, they can come over and see me a bit there. It is tough at times though.”

Probably would’ve been easier just not saying anything Harry.

• Like 4

I just watched the interview on 7News Adelaide and I have to say, without having read the pages before this one, I am annoyed by his tone and believe we should have cashed in. He is gone at the end of next year I believe. He spoke about ‘Melbourne’ the club, as if it was some 3rd party organisation he associates with occasionally. No use of inclusive language. I thought it was really poor. My concern is he spends the year distracted by contract talk, much like Jackson in 2022, and his value falls. I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he leaves. It was as if it was a chore that he had to play for us next year. That’s my take 

Edited by Kick_It_To_Pickett
  • Like 4

Yeah, that interview was no good. Really poor that he was able to say that stuff (not prepared by manager/the club, or just not aware of how bad that sounds).

I’ll put it in the basket of “player not good at media says something dumb” but can understand why some others might be pessimistic about his future intentions. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

I just watched the interview on 7News Adelaide and I have to say, without having read the pages before this one, I am annoyed by his tone and believe we should have cashed in. He is gone at the end of next year I believe. He spoke about ‘Melbourne’ the club, as if it was some 3rd party organisation he associates with occasionally. No use of inclusive language. I thought it was really poor. My concern is he spends the year distracted by contract talk, much like Jackson in 2022, and his value falls. I think it’s a foregone conclusion that he leaves. It was as if it was a chore that he had to play for us next year. That’s my take 

Playing golf with Adelaide players a day before trade period ends when you've been talked about as being a trade target by Adelaide all trade period is just a bad look and more than ill timed.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Whether he got nervous and stuffed up his words or not, the optics stinks and he owes his teammates an explanation, because he ain’t going anywhere this year. 

Incredibly disappointing to have this [censored] going on after the Oliver debacle too. 

• Like 6

[censored] him off. Been at our club for half a decade. Premiership player. Yet talks like we're some day job he begrudgingly puts up with. Don't give me the "not media savvy" [censored] either - he's been in the system for 5 years already - he's not some green draftee. As if he's not aware that playing golf with players from the team trying to poach him during that very trade period on a badly injured foot is provocative and a shocking look.

Edited by gs77
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Whether he got nervous and stuffed up his words or not, the optics stinks and he owes his teammates an explanation, because he ain’t going anywhere this year. 

Incredibly disappointing to have this [censored] going on after the Oliver debacle too. 

Only one way he can repair this. Sign a new contract extension. Otherwise I doubt the players will have a lot of faith in him and he may not get many leads honoured. 

Edited by Neil Crompton

He’s contracted to the end of 2025.  If he still feels this way the end of next year, we can look to arrange a trade to gets the best results for us whilst he’s still under contract.

For 2024, we need him to have any chance of a flag.

• Like 5

He and the Coach said he was staying two days ago i think.
They would have booked into that hole of a course and a lot of blokes would have known, hence the maggot media, just take it easy everyone.