• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cool light of day

pitmaster

In the cold light of day we lost and it sucks

As the game was panning out i just wanted to get over the line and avoid another straight sets exit. The way we were playing was not good enough to beat the Lions. Now we have a chokers tag to live with and won't shake until we win a final again.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, John Demonic said:

I'm all for the Lions beating the Pies in a grand final though :laugh:

I’m all for GWS knocking the pies out in a prelim. 

• Like 10
  • Clap 1

50 minutes ago, Older demon said:

For those who haven't seen it please look up Russel Robertsons post on Facebook and Insta. He made me feel a whole lot better with a calm measured assessment of the season and the need to have team stability and continuity which we didn't have as well as the new blood injected into the team. He said everything I hope Goodwin would say but didn't. Well done Robbo, he is hurting and details how much it hurt losing finals in his day.

Disappointed that all Goodwin could offer is one of his motherhood statements about dealing with adversity and learnings, I am so sick of hearing his corporate speak.

Give the bloke a break FFS.  They hit those pressers straight after the game and I can only imagine the disappointment and anger he feels and has to hold it all together.  Do you really want him to come out and blast the players or make injuries as an excuse.  

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Give the bloke a break FFS.  They hit those pressers straight after the game and I can only imagine the disappointment and anger he feels and has to hold it all together.  Do you really want him to come out and blast the players or make injuries as an excuse.  

A little bit of self reflection would be ok in my view  I agree that his motherhood statements are just hollow now needs to say it how it is 

If he is disappointed then he can say it

We all know flags are incredibly hard to win. We were the hardest team to beat all year, evidenced by our losses all being 10 points or less (bar 1).  

Agree with posters sentiments about our more daring ball movement in 2021 compared to now.  The fact is we had proper forward targets in 21 that we don't have now. TMac and Brown were serious footballers, but it was their last hurrah. 

We also mustn't underestimate the loss of Jackson.  His size, speed and agility was the perfect foil for Max. He was a tall target all around the ground, competitive in the ruck and effective at ground level. He also gave Max plenty of rest time during the game so when he snagged a shot at goal he wasn't completely nackered.  

Goody tightened up ball movement to keep games close knowing we were unlikely to kick 15+ goals against the better teams. But while that kept us safe at times it also leave the door ajar for teams when we are inaccurate. 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Doug Reemer said:

I’m all for GWS knocking the pies out in a prelim. 

A Brisbane / GWS..Grand Final would be everything the AFL DONT  want and a celebration for most of the  majority of  the AFL's supporter base

Hilarious

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, IRW said:

A Brisbane / GWS..Grand Final would be everything the AFL DONT  want and a celebration for most of the  majority of  the AFL's supporter base

Hilarious

If you think the umpire was bad last Friday. You wait until you see some of the howlers GWS are going to cop!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

A little bit of self reflection would be ok in my view  I agree that his motherhood statements are just hollow now needs to say it how it is 

He did. Literally the first words of his presser were "I'm feeling like probably every Melbourne supporter and all the players next door there - pretty shattered."

• Like 3

After some reflection,  I still feel a little annoyed.

I think for several reasons.

First in terms of luck. Losing an inform Melksham was the Star going into finals. Another fwd ...Geez.

The whole Maynard thuggery. Probably would have won with Gus. And the inside 50 count. We probably lost it ourselves.

Maynard getting off. 

The media death riding us.

Kicking a million points again against Carlton. They didnt win.......we lost. And the umpires.

Let's face it ,this final series was the one from hell. 

Would be hard to replicate.

Go Gws.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, gs77 said:

He did. Literally the first words of his presser were "I'm feeling like probably every Melbourne supporter and all the players next door there - pretty shattered."

All I want to hear soon is that( given they cant get rid of him now) they are going through the line coaches like a hurricane, reviewing Goodwins  year,getting someone to assist/ monitor him.

Then...paying out injured forwards and using draft picks for a strong marking target up forward and speed and skill add ons to the list 

It's not difficult

I don't even  care if Goodwin pays someone to do his pressers so he can concentrate on his learnings 

Edited by IRW
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

What happened with the no ruck contest up fwd. Happened about four times. Was Tmac off the ground?

TMac couldn't actually get off the ground, that was the problem;he was playing in rehab .

At least they let Grundy do his rehab in the VFL.."Horse "says thanks very much Simon !

Edited by IRW
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

After some reflection,  I still feel a little annoyed.

I think for several reasons.

First in terms of luck. Losing an inform Melksham was the Star going into finals. Another fwd ...Geez.

The whole Maynard thuggery. Probably would have won with Gus. And the inside 50 count. We probably lost it ourselves.

Maynard getting off. 

The media death riding us.

Kicking a million points again against Carlton. They didnt win.......we lost. And the umpires.

Let's face it ,this final series was the one from hell. 

Would be hard to replicate.

Go Gws.

This is spot on.

I think this has been a really awful few weeks to be a Melbourne supporter. We just didn’t have anything go our way, and then we didn’t make things go our way.

A bloke in front of me on Friday night threw his Members scarf on the field in disgust when the siren went. Our supporters were fantastic all year and we really needed to get something out of a horrible period - where it seemed like all we had was each other, while the whole football world treated us like [censored].

I’ve said it a few times but Friday night was our worst loss for decades. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, IRW said:

Hilarious

On that, wouldn't the AFL be relishing the boon a QLD or NSW team's success would have for the growth of the game up there? Particularly a maiden GWS flag? 

Personally I'd love nothing more than seeing the Pies and blues fall short next weekend.

• Like 4

The media's attitude to us is 'you got a flag now get out of the way'. Amazing how many of them have been locked on the Carlton v Collingwood GF for weeks. Got to keep HQ happy to maintain their accreditation.

Everything needs to go right to win one. Injuries, umpiring, conversion etc. Our gameplan is fine. 2 straight kicks v Pies or 1 v Blues and all is good.

I reckon it will be tweaked a bit more for next season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kent said:

He said he was disappointed, did you actually listen to the presser?

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

They had the opportunity to do same with Shack but ignored it for some reason.

However, you have to ask did they ever intend to bring Shacky on at all from the get go?

It's just the weirdest sub choice and outcome.  A huge question mark on this that i'd be asking as President.

We were already effectively one player down in the first half.  Then a fresh player in the second.

Has to be the worst coaching performance (sub management) i've witnessed so far although i caveat that with the fact i don't follow every single game of AFL so there may well be a worse example somewhere since its inception.  Happy to be corrected.

Add to the fact we literally had no ruck in our f50……. Petracca rucking wtf give me a spell

Edited by Tracca

55 minutes ago, gs77 said:

On that, wouldn't the AFL be relishing the boon a QLD or NSW team's success would have for the growth of the game up there? Particularly a maiden GWS flag? 

Personally I'd love nothing more than seeing the Pies and blues fall short next weekend.

Yeah there's that as well and certainly NSW and Qld TV numbers will be at least  75% of the Matildas numbers(with  about a similar 45% who have any idea at all what's happening)

I guess I really meant the Hun and it's leading [censored] Robbo

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kent said:

I meant reflection on his own performance Totally oblivious to our problems and his roll in it

The real question put earlier shouldn't have been "genius or insane "; rather it might have been " stubborn or unaware" 

Edited by IRW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

This is spot on.

I think this has been a really awful few weeks to be a Melbourne supporter. We just didn’t have anything go our way, and then we didn’t make things go our way.

A bloke in front of me on Friday night threw his Members scarf on the field in disgust when the siren went. Our supporters were fantastic all year and we really needed to get something out of a horrible period - where it seemed like all we had was each other, while the whole football world treated us like [censored].

I’ve said it a few times but Friday night was our worst loss for decades. 

Agreed. I think we were fired up enough. I know we lost it ourselves with the worst kicking but the umpires ignored a lot of frees payable to us and gifted 2 goals to blues with the softest frees possible. The crowd does sway them .

We played pretty well for the most part. Bar the centre clearances.   

Our backline was supreme.

A lack of a tall fwd really showed. Four ruck duels not competed. Tmac was really making up the numbers. Be nice if the club could have played Grundy but I feel as if they don't trust him. Something nqr there.

I feel that the lions would have thumped us up there in Brisbane but it would have been a decent shot in the arm to have won one final.

Alas this game is cruel at times.

• Like 1

We have just lost 2 finals against quality opposition by a combined total of 9 points. Without a forward line missing Petty and Melksham, and JVR for one of those games. Would we be having this conversation if we had of kicked straight?

Substantial games missed by key players, Gawn, Oliver, Fritsch, Petty.

2024, great draft hand, do everything possible to get Harley Reid. A fit Petty in the forward line with a bigger stronger JVR. Turner and Adams to develop as key backs. AMZ will develop, as will Taj. McVee will go to next level. We will more than likely say goodbye to TMac, Brown, Grundy, Dunstan, Jordan. 

Give us a healthy run next year, and we will be at the pointy end again.

• Like 3