• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

I actually agree with what they said about Gussy deviating the way he did. If you have seen the "lanes" footage it clearly shows it. Maynard actually did go straight up and gussie kind of ran into him. This was purely a footy incident and I'm happy that there has been no precedent set. I guarantee that if the players were reversed you guys would not be calling for heads to roll.

• Facepalm 4
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Vomit 5

1 minute ago, AzzKikA said:

I actually agree with what they said about Gussy deviating the way he did. If you have seen the "lanes" footage it clearly shows it. Maynard actually did go straight up and gussie kind of ran into him. This was purely a footy incident and I'm happy that there has been no precedent set. I guarantee that if the players were reversed you guys would not be calling for heads to roll.

Maynard launched himself like a scud missile was nowhere near the ball.

It was reckless and dangerous. There is no other way around it.

The evidence was laughable. " I didn't see him" " I touched the footy" "He ran into me"

You have to be f*ing kidding.

What is abundantly clear is that the AFL is as corrupt organisation as you could possibly see. Read Michael Warner's Boys Club and there is no other conclusion.

If you are Dangerfield, Cripps or Collingwood you get favours . Its disgraceful and I really hope they get there arses sued off.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Clap 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Maynard launched himself like a scud missile was nowhere near the ball.

It was reckless and dangerous. There is no other way around it.

The evidence was laughable. " I didn't see him" " I touched the footy" "He ran into me"

You have to be f*ing kidding.

What is abundantly clear is that the AFL is as corrupt organisation as you could possibly see. Read Michael Warner's Boys Club and there is no other conclusion.

If you are Dangerfield, Cripps or Collingwood you get favours . Its disgraceful and I really hope they get there arses sued off.

If Gus had not moved he would have been hit right down the middle, that could only have made it much much worse. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

You need to understand the biomechanics of kicking a football

When kicking long and straight on the run for a right foot kicker, to get power through the kick, the body has to lean and/or move to the right otherwise the kicker is unbalanced

Same story for kicking on the left (think Buddy)

And most importantly, all footballers know this including Maynard

So knowing that Gus was going to lean or move right, Maynard lined him up accordingly

I'm actually astonished that the tribunal didn't rebuke the biomechanist but maybe like a lot of people, they just don't get it

You don't have to have played footy to know the above, simply observing is enough

They also missed the stutter step as pointed out by @Ouch! here a few days ago

A totally shoddy effort from the tribunal all round ... they were shown up to be rank amateurs.  Or they probably just failed in their duties by design

Footnote: For place kicks in other sports the kicker (if a right footer) approaches from behind, from the left moving to the right ... they never come from directly behind

Edited by Macca
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

26 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

Some ppl are easily fooled.

So Azz you're saying that as Gus ran off the square and came towards the 50 (with no one immediately ahead of him at that point until he was about to launch), Gus should've anticipated that, as he landed his first step on the same foot he kicked the ball with, his landing step should've been a half meter over to the left to send his body in that direction pre-empting and missing the now lowered shoulder of Mayfart? (where hands were originally in a raised position to spoil).

Oh dear.  Might wanna take a bex and go have a lie down son.

Quite possibly the 2nd worst post of the year (behind a couple from that rollo bloke threatening to bash ppl which would be No.1  x two or three).

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 5
  • Angry 1

43 minutes ago, John Demonic said:

So how much interest do people have in footy after this shameful debacle?

Ill admit I'd still like to watch all finals, so my love for the game isn't gone despite not watching since Thursday. I guess we're back to hate-watching the Pies to see if they squander their prelim again. And Either barracking for us or the Lions to make the GF. Coll v Carlton might be a no-watch, but having said that, there are players like Docherty, Weidering, Walsh that I don't mind. So id go for them. 

But by golly I'm done with radio, podcasts, tv shows and all that fluff. Feel a little more clear headed having avoided all that this week. (besides DL pod)

What a bunch of mediocre minds.

As for the regular season next year, only dees games I think. Ridiculous sport to allow such careless and dangerous actions and I won't condone it with my eyeballs 

Yeah I think my overall interest in the sport may dip a bit. Melb games will be as invested in as ever but sitting down to watch a random Fri night footy game or any other one in the weekend I may give a miss more often that not. Other things to do than sink 24/7 time into this organisation, I might even get more involved at local footy level. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1
  • Clap 2

10 hours ago, BoBo said:

How could you leave out the most obvious choice? 

Im a local council politician. Geez. 

Yes, the triple spacing between sentences should have been a giveaway.

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yeah I think my overall interest in the sport may dip a bit. Melb games will be as invested in as ever but sitting down to watch a random Fri night footy game or any other one in the weekend I may give a miss more often that not. Other things to do than sink 24/7 time into this organisation, I might even get more involved at local footy level. 

More important to teach kids not to be like the thug or his mate Cox.

We need to uproot this type of behaviour on the field.

• Like 1

I have had a love affair with the AFL since the early 1950’s when my father took me to my first game of local football in the country. That love affair came to a final end last night.

It makes a mockery of the AFL’s the head is sacrosanct. 
I am one game away from never watching AFL at senior level again, Friday night is my last game. 
Sadly I doubt I will continue my MFC membership in the future and while this is hurts the MFC in a very small way the sound of those  Morons chanting while an opposition player lay unconscious on the ground will never leave me. Every time I see or hear mention of that moron club I feel sick in the stomach. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

This is where I’m at too. Line in the sand moment for me. Foxtel can go, same with AFL app. I have started to really enjoy the under age stuff leading up to the draft so might explore if I can watch more of that without Foxtel, local footy might be an option too. Or else something non footy related to fill the void. 
Hard to see me not watching Melbourne games but not getting as emotionally invested in organisation that that has zero care about its integrity, player welfare or fans.   All about the money baby. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

36 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

Yes, yes that's right, if Gus didn't run on to the field this wouldn't have happened. Well said Einstein.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

The worse thing is the AFL will tighten up the law that is you go past the ball make head high contact that causes injury you will get 3 weeks, I bet the first player suspended by this new rule will be a Melbourne player, bit like Trengrove with dangerous tackle 

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

45 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

Good luck trying to get that spare ticket now!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Deebymistake said:

Agree, if it can't be us, it sure in buggery can't be Collingwood.  Never could be, but even more so now.  Filthy, putrid, arrogant pies.  Loose by an incorrect score review, a player injuring themselves in the dying seconds, an earthquake swallowing up the turf.  I don't care.  Just make it as painful as all hell for that club and their disgusting disciples.  

Covid aside, I haven’t missed a GF since the early 2000s but sure as hell, Collingwood or not, if the Dees aren’t there I am not going to promote this disgusting hypocritical organisation’s “big day” by attending.  Maybe cutting off my nose to spite my face but I feel absolutely ill that Gil’s buys club has countenanced this travesty.  
The AFL need to come out and announce “the head is now a valid target” for a “big club player” in an important time of year.  Maynard 2023, Cripps 2022.  
Pack of lying hypocrites. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

Further to the above, the tribunal members are strongly intimating that Gus shouldn't have moved to the right in the kicking action but that natural movement is all that he could do

They have to appeal just on that vital piece of information.  But here's the problem ... some people who have watched the game for decades don't understand the biomechanics so will those high up at the AFL know that the biomechanic's info was flawed

Edited by Macca
  • Thanks 1

AFL unlikely to appeal even if it makes them look like buffoons. The media will protect them and not question their cowardise.

Any dees supporter who has AFL membership should destroy the card and mail it back to them.

MAKE A STATEMENT.  The media certainly wont. 

Plus you save 600 dollars next year?

Why give your money to that corrupt unprofessional mob.

• Clap 1

36 minutes ago, Macca said:

You need to understand the biomechanics of kicking a football

When kicking long and straight on the run for a right foot kicker, to get power through the kick, the body has to lean and/or move to the right otherwise the kicker is unbalanced

Same story for kicking on the left (think Buddy)

And most importantly, all footballers know this including Maynard

So knowing that Gus was going to lean or move right, Maynard lined him up accordingly

I'm actually astonished that the tribunal didn't rebuke the biomechanist but maybe like a lot of people, they just don't get it

You don't have to have played footy to know the above, simply observing is enough

They also missed the stutter step as pointed out by @Ouch! here a few days ago

A totally shoddy effort from the tribunal all round ... they were shown up to be rank amateurs.  Or they probably just failed in their duties by design

Footnote: For place kicks in other sports the kicker (if a right footer) approaches from behind, from the left moving to the right ... they never come from directly behind

The solution to our goalkicking ?  Still legal I believe ? 😉

5 minutes ago, drdrake said:

The worse thing is the AFL will tighten up the law that is you go past the ball make head high contact that causes injury you will get 3 weeks, I bet the first player suspended by this new rule will be a Melbourne player, bit like Trengrove with dangerous tackle 

... and it'd be on a weekend where there would have been multiple such instances, the others involving "big club" players that the commentators play down so the MRO can pretend they never happened. What a joke.

And how can the AFL have the match review officer and tribunal chair both allied to the same club, let alone presiding over a case involving said club?

So sick and tired of our players being made examples of. In recent years ANB, Chandler, the JVR one they tried earlier this year, May in that practice match where he literally just stood still while someone ran into him, Hunter this year, etc.

• Like 1