PREGAME: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

12 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Im going out on a limb here but maybe consider Thommo as a defensive fwd on Weitering

He's a good kick. can run in straight lines. And good one on one.

Cannot see it happening. Thommo is too slow.

We would be better off playing Petracca forward more and getting Sparrow and Jordon to play more in the midfield.

Oliver, Viney, Sparrow and Jordon can win enough ball. Rivers can also go inside for a stint.

Fritsch, Pickett, Petracca, TMac, Smith and Chandler can provide enough chances to kick a winning score. Our average score against has been only 59 in the last four matches.

• Like 6

I think we need to bring in two talls. I just felt we looked short on Thursday night. Carlton will bring in JSOS for Mckay

In: Tomlinson (defence), Turner/Schache (as a forward), Jordan

Out: Hibbo (I just don't think we have an ideal matchup), Brayshaw, JVR

Sub: Woewodin

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I raise you Smith, Salem, Spargo and Bowey 

200.gif?cid=bdfa2d1f1axslm4kums7p1j1f35n

Sun Tzu The Art if War

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”

“Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.”

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Cannot see it happening. Thommo is too slow.

Slower and less effective than TMac? Tommo isn't the fastest nor the slowest but he always competes and he puts in a good shift in the vast majority of appearances. Would be a good,safe and reliable in at either end of the park for mine....

Edited by Diamond Tim
  • Like 1

Carlton players 190cm or over last week

• McGovern
  • Cripps
  • TDK
  • Pittonet
  • McKay (wont play)
  • Weitering
  • Kemp
  • Marchbank
  • Curnow
  • Acres

Melb players 190cm or over last week

• Gawn
  • May
  • JVR (Wont play)
  • Lever
  • TMac
  • Smith

We look short

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2

I really think we need to play Tommo this week with Carlton's tall players, I just don't know who for. 

My current changes are

Out: Gus (inj), JVR (sus), Lauri (sub)
In: JJ, Grundy, Woewoden (sub)

As for Tommo coming in I wonder if we can have him as the sub as a flexible tall in case they are getting on top of us. I just don't see him as an "impact" player. Whereas Woey has speed and a little bit of skill and flare. His youthful exuberance could be a real asset. I also wonder whether an option to throw around is to play Salem more in the forward half of the ground just to try something new. 

I'm expecting with Grundy playing we will revert back to Max and Grundy splitting ruck duties and resting forward. A totally crazy idea would be to START the centre bounce with Grundy and play Max forward. 

• Like 1

I reckon Gawn’s toe injury is a non-story. Probably something he’s managed for a while now. 

However, if it’s at risk of worsening, we may need to bite the bullet and play Grundy. Given we need to replace JVR anyway, and the other options are an uninspiring Schache, an untried Turner/Tomlinson, or a possibly not fully fit Brown, I’m not against it.

• Like 1

This thread is getting crazy complicated … to simplify:

JJ for Brayshaw

Big Benny for Roo (reckon Benny has been in cotton wool for 3 weeks as insurance)

Grundy as backup for TMac (love TMac but too slow and may start Grundy in the centre bounce with Max up forward.

Disco 23rd man can go forward or back

3 minutes ago, Handlebarz said:

This thread is getting crazy complicated … to simplify:

JJ for Brayshaw

Big Benny for Roo (reckon Benny has been in cotton wool for 3 weeks as insurance)

Grundy as backup for TMac (love TMac but too slow and may start Grundy in the centre bounce with Max up forward.

Disco 23rd man can go forward or back

Live vision of our forwardline on Friday 

son yard GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, binman said:

Had to do a mountain more work in the middle against the pies than what they would have planned for. Can't help. 

I'm surprised they didn't use Laurie on ball at all. Even 5 or 10 minutes would have given tracc a chop out and chance to play forward. Laurie played as a mid at casey all season after all.

Or Kozzie....

Let's talk proper footy now.

What's done is done and all supporters can do now is move on and cheer the lads on Friday night.

Still not confident at all we win and don't know how we kick a winning score but hopefully the guys have a read hot crack.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What's done is done and all supporters can do now is move on and cheer thr lads on Friday night.

Still not confident at all we win and don't know how we kick a winning score but hopefully the guys have a read hot crack.

Yeah you right as angry as l am have to move on. Please beat carltank this week please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What's done is done and all supporters can do now is move on and cheer thr lads on Friday night.

You said it dazzle. I'm incredulous and stunned and gobsmacked 

But we have a game to play and an important one at that.

• Like 2