• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PODCAST: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 11th September @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Qualifying Final.

You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show.

If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

Listen & Chat LIVE: https://demonland.com/podcast

Call: 03 9016 3666

Podcast208.png

• Thanks 1

Really ?  It’s all about how we absolutely lost the game.  The pies did not beat us. We beat ourselves.  Huge disappointment. Huge. Some of the problems are same old same old.  The effort in the 2nd half was huge but dumb footy and poor skills are deflating.

Binman. It was 69 inside 50s to 37.
7 goals. Wow. That’s possibly a new record low. 10%.  Most sides average 30-35%! 
Goody? 2022 and all 2023  “we are getting better and working on our connection forward of Centre”. Really. Really. It’s horrible !!! 

Let’s bomb the ball Inside 50 to a pack. Really.  Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ! No one leads. No one hits a bullet pass. No one.  No one.  No one.  Viney. Trac. Salem. Oliver. Sparrow. No one. No one hits a forward with a pass. No one lower their eyes. 

Another point is shots from 45-55 metres out.  Success rate about 3%. But players keep stepping up. Tonight.  Oliver.  Smith. Rivers. Wow. It’s incredible. Madness again. 

Huge hearts.  Huge effort.  Can’t fault the effort.  But dumb footy.  Dumb. It’s the only word for it. There’s no system. No strategy. No improvement.  Perhaps we can recruit elite midfield kicks. Maybe just maybe players who hit targets.  

Frustration 

Disappointment 

Gutted 

that’s honestly how all Dees supporters feel !!’ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Media blackout initiated as of this morning watching Goody’s Post Match Presser - except of course for the Demonland podcast. 

Felt like losing Trac’s forward minutes when Brayshaw got KO’d by Maynard cost us dearly more not to mention losing a top player too.

We were then down a rotation early and being forced to bring on Laurie in the first quarter. He had a shocker and collected just 3 more disposals than Gus for the whole game. 

I was super proud that we finished the game strongly. My MFCSS is not nearly as bad as it would be heading into a Semi next week with the threat of a straight sets exit two times running.

It’s shattering to lose 3 finals in a row but we were only outplayed in the 1st Quarter by the minor premiers and they kicked 8 of their 9 goals in two quarters.

While we’ll have to go through an interstate Prelim to make the GF I reckon we’d beat the Pies on a dry deck in September.

Edited by OhMyDees

Here are my 5 questions for the @Demonland podcast.

1) First off, I am still reeling from this disappointing loss. I am angry and bitter. What a despicable dog act by Brayden Maynard on Angus Brayshaw! How many weeks do you think Brayden Maynard gets suspended for? He simply cannot be allowed to get away with what he did!

2) Should Mason Cox's vile acts of intentionally trying to injure Melbourne players as well come under scrutiny? What he attempted to do to Christian Petracca's leg was disgraceful!

3) We really need to overhaul our forwardline. Losing Harry Petty and Jake Melksham hurt us. Our forwardline efficiency and connectivity as well as our goal kicking really hurt us as well. How do we rectify this serious issue of a dysfunctional forwardline?

4) Was it a mistake not playing 3 tall defenders? Would it had been better to have played Brodie Grundy instead of Tom McDonald? I think we made mistakes at the selection table. But losing Angus Brayshaw early was probably the biggest blow to us.

5) What will we need to do to beat our semi final opponents in either Carlton or Sydney? Which players should come into the team? Who replaces Angus Brayshaw?

Edited by Supreme_Demon

Who is to blame for the forward "connection" ? and lack of scoring when we get it in

we've been hearing about it for 3+ years and always manages to be our downfall.

Is it 

- Midfielders just blazing away

- Forwards not leading to the right /dangerous spots or 3 leading to the same spot in the forward half.

-  Not having crumbers in the right spots (Kozzie is usually in the air flying for marks)

- All of the above

I understand we had Fritsch and Tmac coming in off long lay offs but they are experienced enough to be able to lead to the right spots.

Multiple entries we hear so much about do in theory create more chances, 

but  as Collingwood proved having less entries but higher quality give you better scoring chances when you go in there 

Edited by Bates Mate
  • Clap 1

Hi guys this one still stings 24 hours on and I feel as though we missed out on something big here.

I just wanted to highlight the amazing job ANB did on Daicos. He had 17 possessions and kicked a goal compared to Daicos 14 touches but kept him to only 4 possessions in the first half. 

ANB is the ultimate team player who played his role to perfection on Thursday.

@binman you nailed it you said not to get 4 goals down and we would come home with a wet sail and over in them you should be called Nostradamus you pretty much said look out from halfway through the third qtr. BRAVO !!

Edited by Tracforever
  • Like 3

Collingwood seemed faster than us, first to the ball. Even Kozzie seemed to be beaten for speed. I am astonished at the clearance numbers. We won in the centre and drew even at stoppages around the ground, but it felt like the Filth were all over us. They broke out into the open more than us, piercing our defensive wall. We won in contested possessions and turnovers, but it didn't feel like it.  QUESTION: I wonder whether Goody is as calm and under-excited in the rooms before the game as he is in his press conferences. Are we over-confident in our ability to finish strongly? Does he not care if we are down at quarter time? Is he too cerebral to give them a "hot gospeller" rev-up before the game?   

19 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Really ?  It’s all about how we absolutely lost the game.  The pies did not beat us. We beat ourselves.  Huge disappointment. Huge. Some of the problems are same old same old.  The effort in the 2nd half was huge but dumb footy and poor skills are deflating.

Binman. It was 69 inside 50s to 37.
7 goals. Wow. That’s possibly a new record low. 10%.  Most sides average 30-35%! 
Goody? 2022 and all 2023  “we are getting better and working on our connection forward of Centre”. Really. Really. It’s horrible !!! 

Let’s bomb the ball Inside 50 to a pack. Really.  Madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ! No one leads. No one hits a bullet pass. No one.  No one.  No one.  Viney. Trac. Salem. Oliver. Sparrow. No one. No one hits a forward with a pass. No one lower their eyes. 

Another point is shots from 45-55 metres out.  Success rate about 3%. But players keep stepping up. Tonight.  Oliver.  Smith. Rivers. Wow. It’s incredible. Madness again. 

Huge hearts.  Huge effort.  Can’t fault the effort.  But dumb footy.  Dumb. It’s the only word for it. There’s no system. No strategy. No improvement.  Perhaps we can recruit elite midfield kicks. Maybe just maybe players who hit targets.  

Frustration 

Disappointment 

Gutted 

that’s honestly how all Dees supporters feel !!’ 

The number of fruitless Forward 50 entries is the result of our own defensive success. We are less efficient than other teams because we win it back quickly and send it back in when the opposition is still crowding our Forward 50. we need to fake a fumble on the wing or even further back and draw the opposition out before rushing it back in, sending it over their heads. Don't know how you coach that.... 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, layzie said:

Did we lose it at selection?

The 2 tall defence has rarely worked this year and doesn't give Lever the best chance to intercept.

Did our ball movement need to change?

The long ball to a cluster of stationary forwards has rarely worked this year.

We win it back too quickly and send it back in while the opposition is still in there.

We earned the 2nd chance and will take on a decent opponent next week. 

Keen to understand whether the pannel saw our poor i50 conversion to be attributed to poor connection or just great defence. Clearly I'm being a little facetious- these two things are linked but I feel like our fans aren't willing to give the Collingwood defence credit where it's due. We were 2 kicks away from a home prelim - Moore and Quaynor stood taller than our forwards and made the difference. 

Do you see the blues or swans being able to defend as well as the pies did? I don't see it. Prelim at the Gabba awaits 

To my eye we got overwhelmed by the massive crowd and even our stars struggled to get there hands on the pill early..

Our midfield have really average foot skills and this was highlighted on the big stage.. the amount of times Fritch, Roo and even T Mac were in good positions for a mark and we failed to kick to advantage really cost us.

Wouldn't mind seeing how Bowey goes in the middle and give Rivers more time there, thoughts?

Thanks 

Clearly our forward line will need some adjustments in the unfortunate circumstances we  find ourselves in.  What will our forward half look like on Friday night?
Also, I need a major injection of positivity.  Please go to work guys!!
Love the Pods!