GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Brisbane

Demonland

25 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Mindset required by our players ‘we are the hunters’

Mindset required by our supporters ‘be very loud’

Not only a home ground advantage but a home crowd advantage - time to start cranking it up

Players should be fired up to take it to this mob physically...after the awkward fallout from the Gabba game at the end of last year we rolled over to them in the biggest moment on our home ground in a final.

They belted us at the contest earlier this year too.

In my view, it's our players who can get the crowd involved. If we lay some big hits and put them under a heap of pressure the crowd will respond and get into the game.

With our style of play, if our pressure is off the crowd loses interest very quickly and we lose that home ground advantage. 

• Like 4

I hope BBB and JvR do a lot of talking (like May, Petty, Lever) but are never jointly contesting. Divide and conquer! Its the smalls time to stand tall and deliver. 

A frighteningly hard game but one where we click at the right time, in the right location, and score. Recent losses be damned! We are now onward and upward.

Us by a modest 19 pts. ❤️💙

• Like 3

Got gout so I will be stuck on the couch abusing the tele. Not confident about tonite but at least I will have some coopers to keep the gout going on strong.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Totally! I mean, it’s not like those security guards are gonna catch you.

Incidentally, re the guy who did the bare-chested pitch invasion a few weeks ago, the media reported that he was caught and fined. Yeah nah, he was on a tram home before those guards even made it to the boundary fence. 😆

Unless of course Jonny’s out in the middle…

445170C2-69A1-48E4-9E2C-BD84EE9D115E.jpeg.7d351181677f8f437aac0850f68dce78.jpeg

"Bairstow's Eshay Removal Service".

Good that he has a post-cricket career ready, and one that really gives back to the community.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Loved his courage last week.

He's the bloke to take out pretenders and still win the ball. Hit 'em hard, Spaz. Create a few casualties. Kick goals from 50-60m out. You are a Demon, now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:
@WalkingCivilWar said:

Brodie is on 193 games. I hope he plays his 200th this year. 🥹

Hibbo and Max are on 194. Barring anything unforeseen Max will play his 200th vs Hawthorn in round 23, our home game at the ‘G, which is also our BCNA Field of Woman match. Hibbo… who knows?

Langers plays his 149th game tomorrow night. His 150th will be next Sunday vs the Crows in our home game at the ‘G. That is, barring injury or being rested, managed, omitted, dropped, dumped, 86d, jettisoned, kicked to the kerb or in any other way not there. 😁

There is acknowledgment of a milestone on tomorrow’s banner, but it’s not a player. It’s the 500th game of John Stanaway (father of Clint) who is a trainer and has been with the MFC since the 1990’s. This probs explains why Clint is a diehard Dees fan. He’s a cheer squad favourite and was actually in the cheer squad growing up.

Oh and lil Spargypants is on 95 games. Nibs is on 144. It’ll be great to see them celebrate their milestones in five and six weeks (respectively) for the obvious reasons but also to annoy the “fans” who bag them week in and week out. Cheers Big Ears 🥳 🍻 😂

Thanks for a great contribution you made in the now locked thread, PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Brisbane. I love your passion and devotion to all things Demon. Reading you on good old 'Land is always a delight @WalkingCivilWar. Your presence here is appreciated by me, and I'm sure, many others.

*blushing* Thank you QD. 😘

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

30 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Got gout so I will be stuck on the couch abusing the tele. Not confident about tonite but at least I will have some coopers to keep the gout going on strong.

Drink lots of water. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

Assume many punters wanting to get some of the sweet sweet odds that were on offer. 

At one stage this week the Lions were $3.25 and we were $1.38. a lot of money has been poured on e lions today, lets hope the Poured becomes poor by game end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Schache can’t play at this level, been proven time and time again. Dunstan is nothing we don’t already have in the midfield, his disposal is just worse. They are both break glass in case of emergency.

And as for your resume, means little when compared with your rants on all things football.

Rants, Kane Cornes does it so what's wrong with ranting. You have just ranted yourself!! Anyway what's your footy pedigree Champ?

Here is another Rant for you! I would not have dropped Grundy at all. If Max goes down who is going to ruck?? Van Rooyen?? Nar, bad selections IMV

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Get into litres of "Alkaline Water" You will be fine in a day or so!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kev martin said:

The wind has dropped off as the cloud cover cleared and night begins to fall. Still the occasional gust.

Will be a cold night, though. 

Sounds like the first paragraph of a Danielle Steel novel. 😝

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, dee-tox said:

Ah Corfu, check out the cricket pitch in the middle of the town. Bizarre!

I believe games started in the '70s - Poms v World XI. Played on a Wed arvo. Simon Reeves or similar covered it on one of his shows. Not really a cricket buff I have to admit. About 36 degrees in the shade today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritschyBusiness said:

Just sitting on my couch waiting to head to the ground thinking about how much I bloody hate Brisbane

Hop off the couch and head out now, FB. It’s way more fun hating Brisbane when you’re here. 😃

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, dl4e said:

I know sweet FA about gout but not sure that Coopers is the recommended medication.

• Haha 1

Just now, kev martin said:

Do they end well for the good guys?

Never read a Danielle Steel novel, never will. I just remember hearing about how in 75% of her novels the opening paragraph is a description of the weather. 

• Haha 1