GAMEDAY: Rd 17 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

The forward line has Bbb who has barely played.

Spargo who was recently dropped.

Anb who is out of form.

Melksham who like Bbb has barely played and didn't do much last week.

But for some strange reason I think we will win.

Hard to be too excited though with our recent form and injuries.

Wish Jvr was playing.

At least it will be dry.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

Just hoping we trying something different/better going in the 50.

Dead set this hail mary [censored] is [censored] footy

• Like 1

We know the ball is going to be in our forward line >50 times, so there will be chances.

Pies again showed what you can do if you move the ball in quickly and have your forwards on the move creating space, that’s what I would like to see today. Happy for the team plan to still be contested ball but you’ve got to be able to switch modes and move it quick.

Time to start hitting the score board and lock in that double chance.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

I have an (unusual for me) uneasiness in my gut about this game.  Sad to say, it’s the same feeling I had last week, and it doesn’t bode well …….………… but we couldn’t fluff an other opportunity to consolidate our rightful position in the top 4, could we?  Nup.  We are too good to let that happen.  Last week was an aberration, surely!  
Dees by 3 points, but I’m buggered if I know where our goals are going to come from.

Edited by Deeoldfart
Typo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

We are a tall forward short IMV

Which makes me think/hope we're  going in with lowered eyes 

• Like 1

WIll be interesting to see our f50 set up.  Petty can swing there.  jack or Trac could also set up there.  Woey to play high half forward and to act as second winger. Think we are a 25% better talent pool than them, especially with their outs.  Need to smash them early and ensure both teams get the script.  Proper kicking - 35 point win,  Shizen kicking - 4 point win.

• Thinking 1

Would have been an ideal opportunity for JVR to come along further in perfect marking conditions.  I think he will be missed. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 2

43 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Which makes me think/hope we're  going in with lowered eyes 

Gee thats a bit Radical for MFC!!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I know... i know... mea culpa

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Interesting in the video reveal of Taj’s debut, OOze is showing footage and asking ‘could you make that kick’?  Interesting because perhaps they are looking at how they move the ball inside 50, and that accurate kicks are going to be the order of the day (to leading players). Or is that too much to hope for?

• Like 2

Not looking forward to this at all. We are playing horrible footy at the moment. 

hopefully we can kick more than 6 goals

but the Saints are garbage and barely beat the eagles so i still think we’ll win a scrappy game. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

34 minutes ago, Ungarieboy said:

What about St Kilda's talls? May should handle King; then where are the threats (fwd, back and ruck)? 

Maybe, going with one less tall this week, is the go!

At least Membrey wont be pulling them out of his [censored] like normal against us

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BDA said:

Kick straight, we win.

If we're inaccurate again we lose

it's as simple as that.

I'm just eyeballing it but if you look at our win-loss ratio for the two phases of our accuracy this season it is almost the same as the goals-behinds ratio. 

I was going to say something about it not being quote as 'simple as that' but it doesn't get much simpler than;

More goals = more wins

More behinds = more losses 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

If we cant kick straight under a closed roof then were doomed.

Since wind can hardly be blamed for our recent goal kicking woes, I don't see that a closed roof makes a difference to the possibility of our being doomed.