NON-MFC: Rd 16 2023

Demonland

1 hour ago, binman said:

The best betting round of footy for the season thus far i reckon (there is hardly ever so many game i consider good value - having already won on the Swans to make their line, and baulking late on the lions and leaving that game alone).

Bets i like for the rest of the round:

• Adelaide to make their 44.5 point line - very long i know, but Roos coming off a bye and the Crows two games hence - and looking for percentage
  • Gold coast to make their +6 point line -  i think they win, so a six point line is good value
  • Bombers to make their +12 point line - Port coming off a bye and Bombers two games hence, will run at Port and try to make it a running contest
  • Hawks to make their +18 point line - Blues coming off a bye and Hawks two games hence, will run at the blues and try to make it a running contest
  • Dees to make their 16 point line (in from 19) - Giants coming off bye and we will be looking to attack and run hard. Best bet of the round 
  • Saints to make their -50 point line - the Eagles are uncompetitive, not AFL fit, the saints will be desperate to take the opportunity to build some percentage and the weather is perfect for footy

The only game therefore i don't have feel for the value is the dog freo game.

The dogs are coming off the bye and Freo are up and running now. The line is a health -10 Dogs' way, so i give freo a real chance of beating that handicap mark. 

But i just have a feeling the dogs will buck the post bye trend and come to play today. 

Your'e not Hutchy in disguise are you preparing for the betting ad-free future (pigs might fly on that score)?

Isn't this another threads topic - so i don't have to waste time on it? 

Just asking - not personal. Just don't understand.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Who are we wanting to win in the Dogs v Freo game (not who we think will win)?

Freo winning gets them into the 8, Dogs winning and they equal us oN points (for today at least)

Definitely Dogs for me. The dogs are not a threat for the flag, have injuries. If the dogs finish higher than us we are not even a small chance for the flag

and we want better draft picks from freo. 

32 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Your'e not Hutchy in disguise are you preparing for the betting ad-free future (pigs might fly on that score)?

Isn't this another threads topic - so i don't have to waste time on it? 

Just asking - not personal. Just don't understand.

Totally fair comments.

I don't usually post my footy punting tips, bar the occasional comment on particular games.

Was just struck by what I saw as great value accross so many games, and thought I'd share. 

But I get that people are sick of the infiltration of betting in footy. Me too.

So I'll refrain from such posts in future.

• Like 3

The stadium at Carrara only has a capacity of 22.5k. Good that it's sold out against the Pies but you would think that after 15 years in the comp they could draw a decent crowd more frequently

In theory they have a membership of 22k but then again GWS have a membership of 32k. Phantom members perhaps?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

The stadium at Carrara only has a capacity of 22.5k. Good that it's sold out against the Pies but you would think that after 15 years in the comp they could draw a decent crowd more frequently

In theory they have a membership of 22k but then again GWS have a membership of 32k. Phantom members perhaps?

Pretty sure most GWS memberships are freebies 

This was the case when I worked for them on the Far South Coast of NSW

• Like 1

I don’t get it… Collingwood aren’t forced to play in Geelong mainly because of the ground’s capacity. Why then are they forced to play at Carrara which has a smaller capacity?

Can somebody…

image.gif.1359685474b96ac806536af6f247390a.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I don’t get it… Collingwood aren’t forced to play in Geelong mainly because of the ground’s capacity. Why then are they forced to play at Carrara which has a smaller capacity?

Can somebody…

image.gif.1359685474b96ac806536af6f247390a.gif

coz Pies - Cats draws the biggest crowd. therefore if they play at the G the AFL get more money

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Liam Henry looks very good today. We still into him? Wouldn’t mind him in red and blue next year

20 touches to half time

and getting back defending too

so quick. 

4 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

Nothing left to do now but hope my favourite [censored], Mason Cox, raises his smug game to a whole new level.

He’s defs bringing the smugness this arvo. Interviewed earlier today he was asked if you could have any Magpie lining up 30 metres out in front of goal, who would it be? He answered, “Myself.” 🙄 

Also, Fox must love that long Collingwood chant; they’ve taken to spelling it that way…

073F6B8A-CE39-42E7-8E59-E030F418C703.thumb.jpeg.07075df3d98093f586cb1f10df7364b5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Vomit 3