Sestan & Verrall Re-Sign

Demonland

2 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

so they're being moved to the rookie list?

From MFC website.....The pair, who will remain on the rookie list for the 2024 season, have impressed with their attitude and commitment during their first year in the red and blue.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I really like what I have seen in Verrall. A lot of young ruckman look awkward and uncoordinated, he seems to run and move naturally. He also has a genuine hard go at it. It could take 2 years, but worth the wait I reckon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Verrall showed plenty in preseason, he’ll still need time but he has the talent if they can fix his core for good and get him out there. Obviously a worry that they nursed him through all summer and then he broke down pretty much immediately. 

Sestan started the VFL season far better than I imagined given his background. If Casey get back in form I’m expecting a break out game soon. Pretty keen to see how much he can improve after a full preseason. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I really like what I have seen in Verrall. A lot of young ruckman look awkward and uncoordinated, he seems to run and move naturally. He also has a genuine hard go at it. It could take 2 years, but worth the wait I reckon.

I don’t!!! He looked me in the eye (I was standing on a box) and swore black n blue (and red n blue) that he would NOT shave his damn head! Nek minnit… bald as a badger’s bum. He promised he’d wear a freaking headband. When I next see him his pelvis will be the least of his concerns. 😡

• Haha 13
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Verrall showed plenty in preseason, he’ll still need time but he has the talent if they can fix his core for good and get him out there. Obviously a worry that they nursed him through all summer and then he broke down pretty much immediately. 

Still growing?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Interesting decision to re-sign this duo so early in the season. I would prefer to wait to the end of the year but it shows we think the talent and work ethic is there which is a good sign.

i mean every national draftee gets a minimum 2yr deal naturally so it's not extortionate to allow 2 18yo's the same just coz they were drafted a day later particularly given their player types and youth pathways respectively. 

alos the club has to have 4-6 rookies and we aren't going to draft 4 every single year are we so may as well tie a few up each year and give them a chance to develop properly otherwise whats the point at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Turner said:

i mean every national draftee gets a minimum 2yr deal naturally so it's not extortionate to allow 2 18yo's the same just coz they were drafted a day later particularly given their player types and youth pathways respectively. 

alos the club has to have 4-6 rookies and we aren't going to draft 4 every single year are we so may as well tie a few up each year and give them a chance to develop properly otherwise whats the point at all. 

Agree with a lot of that, but there is no rush IMO because neither player was at risk of being poached. What if Verrell injures his hip again this year? Or Sestan gets hurt? As a general rule, it is better to wait until later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Not to mention some Coleman medalists.

• Like 2

They both scream cult figure. 

Watching Casey games Sestan has the ability to do the extraordinary. It may not happen every quarter but it is fun to watch when it does. Someone here also stated that he is already the best kick in the team.

Verrall is big, mobile, coordinated and can kick. This observation is on the one game I watched of him but pretty much anyone could have seen the kid has talent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

I haven’t seen him at Casey, but would Verrall perhaps work as a key defender, to replace May? He looks to have the perfect size for it.

Ollie Verrall is a Ruck/ forward 200cm and hopefully still growing we have Addams coming through backline, good size, handy mark and accurate kick 196cm could be a May replacement in a couple of years.!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FarNorthernD said:

They both scream cult figure. 

Watching Casey games Sestan has the ability to do the extraordinary. It may not happen every quarter but it is fun to watch when it does. Someone here also stated that he is already the best kick in the team.

Verrall is big, mobile, coordinated and can kick. This observation is on the one game I watched of him but pretty much anyone could have seen the kid has talent. 

FND and he likes to win his own ball, could be a real handful if we can get him 100% fit and firing.

• Like 2

Sestan - IF he makes any significant impact as AFL level in 2024 it would be the recruiting steal of the century surely.   He oozes excitement at times already at VFL and seems to have special skills.  Hope he makes the grade. 

Verrall - is he really part sponsored by Clarrie?  What a sign of a great clubman, and also an endorsement of a developing player who he envisages working with over the next few years.  Watch with great interest. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Agree with a lot of that, but there is no rush IMO because neither player was at risk of being poached. What if Verrell injures his hip again this year? Or Sestan gets hurt? As a general rule, it is better to wait until later.

On paper, yes.

But psychologically, it’s be a huge boost for the two kids, and we need to remember how young these fellas are.  To be told they’re not going to be playing seniors this year, but we have faith in you, would be a huge boost for their confidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mellie said:

Fixed 👌

Now to slow your breathing Rog. Those involuntary body movements are just ‘Tic’s’, they can’t hurt you! Breathe and it will stop. 😜

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

Imagine having Clayton as your owner 🤩

Max owns Chandler too.

Both are Bronze Owners - which is $1,745

• Clap 2