POSTGAME: Rd 11 vs Walyalup

Demonland

If you can't perform the fundamentals to a decent standard, then you are stuffed in this game.  We were totally stuffed today!  Some personnel changes are necessary, but where are they coming from?  Sure, we had a few key players out, but the best teams deal with that!  As things stand, we are not one of the better teams.  I'm frustrated, enormously disappointed and looking forward to the next few weeks with a great deal of trepidation.  

• Like 2

Just woeful and yeah kozzie didn't go in the middle so why did Goodwin say at the start of the year he'll play more in there.

I'm over the Van Rooyen hype. I know the kids young but last week he was undisciplined and today he was selfish when he turned his back when Grundy was dead set free in the square and he missed the shot. His tackling pressure isn't great either 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, A F said:

I'm gonna say it and people won't like it, but we looked like we'd been flogged on the training track and I wouldn't be surprised if we're in a heavy loading block

I suggest you duck for cover

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

There are problems at this club yet again.  Goodwin cannot get the best out of a list that is going at 50% rat power. 

The club is wasting it's recruitment success and in danger of falling out of the 8.  I'm frankly disgusted this club is blowing away it chances with a once in a generation list build. 

Goodwin and Richardson are coasting on 2021 success.  No chocolates for supporters who want to see a premiership in Melbourne. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sisso said:

I must be the only one who thinks just coz we’re lost a couple of close games it’s not season over….the boys can lift 

We said this after Brisbane, then after Essendon, then after Port,.... It's like the Groundhog day!

• Like 1

When you can’t nail regulation set shots, while also plying terrible team football, you are never a chance of winning. They ki led all their set shots and we failed to execute. It’s been an issue for a while. 

if James Harmes isn’t traded at season’s end, we are surely having a laugh. One of the most selfish and low football IQ games I’ve ever seen. I particularly enjoyed his four metre dab kick on the run inside fifty into Petraccas body 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, layzie said:

But hang on, aren't we the highest scoring team in the comp?

Can't wait for someone to bring that little gem of wisdom up. 

Look, I get you're upset with the game, I'm sure almost all of us are, but all of your posts are attacks at Demonlanders.

Do we have to, after every loss, turn on each other? There's plenty to talk about, let's focus on the team. I'm sick of coming onto threads like this and seeing so many people going the "I told you so" route trying to put down anyone who dared during the week to try to see the good parts of what we've been doing and how we could win today.

• Like 6
  • Clap 2

6 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

A typical Melbourne supporter response, blaming umpires. Yes they were very poor (#6 was making Nichols look like a superstar), but werent the reason for the loss.

Our 4 quarter efforts have become 1.5. That is on the coaches. This club is now severely lacking in passion.

We see that fad-outs so often mingled with umpiring outcomes ... the fact that this occurs with frequency there is no wonder that a '...typical Melbourne supporter...' responding (with high frequency) this way. It is also a significant responsibility of the coaches to get the players over this syndrome, to additionally inspire the passion to win well. This rot will continue unless there is change. In the words of my favourite weather man: 'We will get some more if it keeps up'.

On the upside for the blues we will probably play them into form next week and knowing our luck they’ll be dead eyes all day!! McKay and Curnow will kick 5 each. Leading us straight to the Pies who are travelling nicely and yet to play 16, 17th or 18th.

Now, where’s my drink? 

Edited by Red But Mostly Blue
  • Clap 1

27 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Such a waste of talent? Waste of a list? I think not. Our list is overrated. We will lose the next 3 on the trot and topple out of the 8 and will fight to make it back in given the difficulty of our draw.

Our game plan and structure is soo pathetically bad it’s predictable how sides will continue to cut us up in the middle. 

I’m going to sleep. Wake me up in another 57 years please. 

Correct. The list is overrated.

The secondary midfield depth is bottom of the comp with ANB, Harmes, Jordon, Sparrow, etc.

• Like 1

We need a forward who can get separation and take a mark besides Fritsch. Having said that if any one of mids is kicking to them its even money they miss the target anyway.  Egads. 

Edited by Jjrogan
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Why didn’t we put Kosi into the middle in the last? We were getting mauled in there time and time again. 
The game was all but lost so try something!

That is not the coach's way.

11 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Apparently expected scores were 80.3-63.5 in our favour.

Our early season accuracy has faded. Not helping.

Sorry Titan, but expected scores is the biggest load of shiit I’ve ever heard. Expected doesn’t give us the 4 points.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, Fanatique Demon said:

I need a new hobby. I’m thinking something like basket weaving.  

Unless you are a little haphazard with the basket-making needle, it won't bring you tearful moments like the MFC does.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I’d suggest our ceiling is 5th/6th, a home MCG final, and a semi final exit.

Collingwood would’ve found a way to win the last two weeks if in our position.

Completely agree

• Like 2