20 Zach Merrett ESS
20 Caleb Serong FRE
19 Toby Greene GWS
19 Rory Laird ADEL
19 Darcy Parish ESS
18 Charlie Curnow CARL
18 Mason Redman ESS
  • Thanks 1

This is how I read the issuing of those votes. Interesting, the coaches are generally a bit closer together than this. The 3 and 2 votes are interchangeable.

Hardwick  Goodwin
Tim Taranto (RICH)
5 4
Jack Viney (MELB)
1 5
Michael Hibberd (MELB)
Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
Max Gawn (MELB)
Clayton Oliver (MELB)
Jayden Short (RICH)
Christian Petracca (MELB)
Edited by In Harmes Way
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

This is how I read the issuing of those votes. Interesting, the coaches are generally a bit closer together than this.

Hardwick  Goodwin
Tim Taranto (RICH)
5 4
Jack Viney (MELB)
1 5
Michael Hibberd (MELB)
Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
Max Gawn (MELB)
Clayton Oliver (MELB)
Jayden Short (RICH)

This is correct because Hardwick 10000% gave Hibberd the 4 because of the job he did on Cumberland when moved onto him.

Love how Hardwick hates us. You'd think they won by 10 goals and he only gave Hibberd 4 votes to stick it up Cumberland for his poor effort after 1/4 time.

Edit: Perhaps Hardwick gave Oliver the 2 and Goody gave Short 2. Goody more likely to give short 2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Demonland said:

This is correct because Hardwick 10000% gave Hibberd the 4 because of the job he did on Cumberland when moved onto him.

Love how Hardwick hates us. You'd think they won by 10 goals and he only gave Hibberd 4 votes to stick it up Cumberland for his poor effort after 1/4 time.

Edit: Perhaps Hardwick gave Oliver the 2 and Goody gave Short 2. Goody more likely to give short 2.

It’s certain, at least to me, that Goodwin gave Viney 5 and Hardwick gave Taranto 5. Therefore, Hardwick must have given Viney 1 vote and Hibbo 4.

• Like 2

Taranto carved  us up in stoppages and got the ball to the outside on several occasions - particularly in the 1st half. He always plays well against us for some reason.

Its always a rule-of-thumb that you never give the 5 votes to a player in the losing team and how Hardwick didnt give JV more than 1 vote is mind boggling. 

Riewoldt & Short for 3 and 2 votes is also pretty insulting. in the end its the 4 points that matters

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Taranto carved  us up in stoppages and got the ball to the outside on several occasions - particularly in the 1st half. He always plays well against us for some reason.

Its always a rule-of-thumb that you never give the 5 votes to a player in the losing team and how Hardwick didnt give JV more than 1 vote is mind boggling. 

Riewoldt & Short for 3 and 2 votes is also pretty insulting. in the end its the 4 points that matters

Hardwick is a very bitter man. He enjoys a whinge too.

Can give him players all the votes in the world. They're still bottom 4.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Can give him players all the votes in the world. They're still bottom 4.

I lost confidence in this award when Fagan gamed the voting last year in final round to get Neale over the line. Happy for a dees player to win it but zero sleep lost now for me.

4 points. Losers please themselves.

Will be fascinating to watch Daicos in real life in june.

• Like 1

It's almost like Hardwick doesn't realise we kicked 10 of the last 13 goals!

Jokes aside though, if those votes are correctly assigned (ie votes to their caster), then Hardwick felt that poor performance and effort by his players in the second half lost the game, rather than strong performance by the Melbourne players. i.e. he has given no credit to Melbourne, and given votes to his players who he thought played well, despite their teammates efforts.

Edited by deanox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, deanox said:

Jokes aside though, if those votes are correctly assigned (ie votes to their caster), then Hardwick felt that poor performance and effort by his players in the second half lost the game, rather than strong performance by the Melbourne players. i.e. he has given no credit to Melbourne, and given votes to his players who he thought played well, despite their teammates efforts.

Me thinks that Hardwick's days as a successful coach are numbered. I have hated him since the 2000 Grand Final when he and Wallis assaulted Brad Green, a nineteen year old. Had that happened outside a football field both would have been jailed.

Edited by Monbon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, In Harmes Way said:

This is how I read the issuing of those votes. Interesting, the coaches are generally a bit closer together than this. The 3 and 2 votes are interchangeable.

Hardwick  Goodwin
Tim Taranto (RICH)
5 4
Jack Viney (MELB)
1 5
Michael Hibberd (MELB)
Jack Riewoldt (RICH)
Max Gawn (MELB)
Clayton Oliver (MELB)
Jayden Short (RICH)

Wtf. So presumably Hardwick gave Viney 1 vote. He’s a tool. What is this system ? 

my coaches votes would have been 

5 Viney 

4 Gawn

3 Taranto

2 Petracca

1 Short

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deanox said:

Yeah i don't think he gave any credit to Melbourne in his pressor, which is quite disrespectful. Its ok to say what they didn't do well and how they lost the game, but every time we lose, Goody will always acknowledge that the other team was better. 

I don't really watch opposition pressers so not sure what is the norm across the comp. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I don't really watch opposition pressers so not sure what is the norm across the comp. 

Oddly the norm across the comp is eerily similar to regular life - don’t act like a smug, bitter tool.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, deanox said:

I hate Hardwick, but he’s not exactly wrong if he thought that. Tigers kicked 0 goals 5 points in the final quarter. Our accuracy in front of goal, and their inaccuracy in front of goal, was the deciding factor in the match. They generated more inside 50s, more shots at goal and had better pressure than us with more tackles and twice as many tackles inside 50. This was not a strong win by us, so the votes being split amongst players from both teams is fair.

We should be thankful we got the win after a poor showing from our players. Our form the last few weeks has been worrying. Still a long way to go in the season and thankfully we have 3 matches against the other bottom four teams now. After this easy patch though, we will have beat up on the bottom six and lost to all top 8 teams we’ve played so far. Let’s hope we can turn our form around come finals time.

• Like 3

Jack out in the cold.  No Demon in sight yet 4 GC players & Cerra from what was a very average losing team.  I watched the Cats game and didn't think Danger's game was worthy of a berth...

Screenshot_20230426-165638_Facebook.jpg.4ac8dc8fa1101975f6a07d133b4bc1f8.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Maybe he just needs to prioritise the Paddington bear special Ox edition release. Man who desperately needs a cuddle.

Edited by Tarax Club
Tiggers got done by Whinnie da Pooh
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Jack out in the cold.  No Demon in sight yet 4 GC players & Cerra from what was a very average losing team.  I watched the Cats game and didn't think Danger's game was worthy of a berth...

Screenshot_20230426-165638_Facebook.jpg.4ac8dc8fa1101975f6a07d133b4bc1f8.jpg

The AFL produce a video clip each week of the Top 10 things from the round. We are shafted almost every week. Often our game won't even crack a mention when some poxy game between the suns and kangaroos will cop two mentions in the Top 10. Sometimes, like this week, sometimes our losing opposition does gets a mentions, like Dusty's last quarter goal which was nice but it was at a time when the game was lost and tired legs helped his goal. No mention of Rooey's match winning last quarter.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Demonland said:

We are shafted almost every week. Often our game won't even crack a mention when some poxy game between the suns and kangaroos will cop two mentions in the Top 10

I was waiting for the...

...but this week.

Alas, no...we miss again.

I guess we will have to wait for Goody and Max to lift the cup.

• Like 3

Happy with the four premiership points the rest is just fluff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

37 minutes ago, Demonland said:

The AFL produce a video clip each week of the Top 10 things from the round. We are shafted almost every week. Often our game won't even crack a mention when some poxy game between the suns and kangaroos will cop two mentions in the Top 10. Sometimes, like this week, sometimes our losing opposition does gets a mentions, like Dusty's last quarter goal which was nice but it was at a time when the game was lost and tired legs helped his goal. No mention of Rooey's match winning last quarter.

In a normal H&A round i usually don't bother with all this but given we won on the big stage in front of a massive crowd you would think there'd be a small snippet.

26 minutes ago, Tarax Club said:

Happy with the four premiership points the rest is just fluff.

Sound advice from the wise

• Like 1
  • Haha 2