Trent Rivers Re-Signs until 2027

dazzledavey36

2 hours ago, Nasher said:

I only just saw Sunday’s game this morning, and I was thinking he’s really coming on as a midfielder,  and it would be great to see him re-sign. Then I saw this news.

JvR mentioned in a previous interview that Rivers had led the WA boys in their training programme over the break too - leadership potential. 

The fact that he and Jackson were best mates when they arrived is just a sweet cherry on top. Really happy with this signing!

Thank you for this.

• Like 2

I’m a bit behind the times but just watched “Show Me The Money” yesterday. What a professional recruiting team we have. They get deals done and seem super professional and good to deal with.

it was particularly noticeable in the final scenes some Agent running around trying to get some deal done running past our team who are casually walking out, all deals done. Tim Lamb seems a ripper.

• Like 2

Outstanding recruitment! Fantastic development!  Excellent re-signing!  Both on and off the field, we continue to grow!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Great news.  Important to keep as many premiership players still in their prime on the list.

Next up Kozzy within approx two weeks

You know something or you’re hoping something?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

While we wait for the team announcement.

How great was that second goal! Man was it really 2 and a half years ago?

If you asked me where any of those COVID games were played I wouldn't be able to say off the top of my head. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Great news.  Important to keep as many premiership players still in their prime on the list.

Next up Kozzy within approx two weeks

Is this a guess or you actually know something??? 😬

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

Reads the game, run-and-carry type player, courageous, with a hint of leadership. Up until this year, I didn't like his long bomb ill-directed kicks (ala Brent Moloney or Clarry early in his career) but he is much more discerning with ball in hand now and is an absolute ripper. 

Our club is so different now. We recruit, trade, AND develop our players so well. 

• Like 3

Anyone remember how Riv ended up at the Dees. 2019 was such a head scratching pick merry go round. 

We got pick 26 as part of Langdon trade.  

We gave Nth our 2020 1st rounder (became 2020 Pick 13 Tom Powell Nth) plus Freo's 26 (became pick 30 Harrison Jones Essendon) & Hawks pick 50 which we got for Frosty (which became Pick 46 Hugo Ralphsmith Tigers) and we got back pick 8.

We gave pick 8 to Freo who picked Serong and they gave us 10 & 28 which got us Kossie and Riv.

In fact there were another 8 picks involved in the initial Freo and Hawks deals which I won't even follow. 

Edited by Its Time for Another
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Shocked 2

On 3/29/2023 at 12:51 PM, adonski said:

The RIV should be in the GUTs

On 3/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, Young Blood said:

I don't think he's got the tank. At least not yet. Could develop into an outside mid the way he plays but he's so so good under pressure down back in all facets.

Would be cool to see him in there tagging at some point this year (instead of harmes... please) but I think he's too crucial down back.

When Salem and maybe Hibberd return depending on matchups, Rivers with the rest make up the best backline in the comp hands down IMO.

Such an important player, our most underrated, only 21, no real weaknesses, potential future 250+ gamer.

Please sign

Riv may  not have the tank right now for extended periods in the midfield but the more players we can cameo through there the better the depth when the inevitable injuries occur.  

On 3/29/2023 at 4:19 PM, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Um . . . totally NOT awkward. The only thing that counts is what your team-mates think of you. I would suggest every one of them would want him at the 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 year reunions. And quite frankly, I'd suggest those who were not in the 23 would get an invite as well.

Suggest you talk to some players, past and present, who were/are fringe players and hear their experiences first hand @Deebauched

The entire squad based in Perth in that wonderful (though bizzaire) period contributed to the premiership, even those who didn’t play.
In particular, and I believe Max has alluded to it, was Majak Daw who although he never played at senior level for us proved an invaluable training partner for Max.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Deeoldfart said:

Outstanding recruitment! Fantastic development!  Excellent re-signing!  Both on and off the field, we continue to grow!

We have come a very long way since the bad old years. 

Never thought we would be thinking this let alone writing it about our club. 

Geez it’s a good feeling. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 2:47 PM, BDA said:

A great pick by JT. 

And I assume by this news he has a Melbourne girlfriend. 

Or a Melbourne gender fluid non-binary yet fluid friend. I wouldn’t want to assume his life partners gender (if they/them) have one. 

Just read this news, great outcome. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Or a Melbourne gender fluid non-binary yet fluid friend. I wouldn’t want to assume his life partners gender (if they/them) have one. 

Just read this news, great outcome. 

Apologies. I promise to check my heterosexual privilege going forward

• Haha 1