Welcome to Demonland Josh Schache

dazzledavey36

8 minutes ago, layzie said:

Happy to back the FD in on this, they really rated him by the sound of it. 

Tim Lamb’s general vibe to me was, well I guess Schache is an ok replacement  for Weid. Not a lot of enthusiasm 

• Like 4

Welcome Josh Schache 200cm, didn’t realise you are that tall, hopefully you can  play a role on hF line or next to JvR if TMac or BBB are injured or out of form or CHF / FF at Casey whilst you provide that critical depth for our mighty Dees. Good Luck young man you are surely going to need it.!!! Thank god that Clarry is a bestie, follow his lead and who knows??

• Like 5

From AFL trade update:

Dees' busy trade period

Melbourne only began chatting to Josh Schache three days before completing a trade for the former No.2 draft pick.

The Demons got the ball rolling early on Wednesday's trade deadline day by executing deals that farewelled Sam Weideman to Essendon and welcomed Schache from the Western Bulldogs.

Speaking on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio, Melbourne's list manager Tim Lamb said the deals were inked, only agreeing to Weideman's trade request once they had a "similar type player" on the hook. 

"We spoke with Josh on Sunday," Lamb said.

"Josh is a player with great versatility. He's 200cm, he's an elite runner, really well skilled, (he) can play forward, back, ruck, he's really versatile.

"With Mitch Brown retiring, Majak Daw retiring, we've lost a little bit of depth in our talls department."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Demonstone said:

Poor Schache.  He's been a Demon for five minutes and has already assumed the mantle of whipping boy.

Let's reserve judgement until we see how he goes next year.

I wouldn't say whipping boy, I'd say the majority are underwhelmed by his recruitment due to his past performances.

In fact, I think so little of his abilities that I'll be quite complimentary if he does anything 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony Rowell said:

......  Sick of negative posts on demonland, unbelievable 🙄

We're his third club and he's done nothing of note at his first two. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, rpfc said:

Getting angry about this is like getting angry that the Bunnings greeter is insincere. 

WGAF.

But when you go for a snag on Saturday and there’s no fundraising cook up happening…. Phwoar!!!! 🤬🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, poita said:

To be honest I'd rather have kept Mitch Brown on a fraction of the salary.

He was out of contract. How much do you think we are paying for a “flexible bit of depth in the talls department” as Lamb put it? Kicked 25 goals in his last 7 games in VFL and is a 25 year old break glass in case of emergency flexible option. We basically traded Weid for Schache Pick 37 and some extra $$ in the kitty is my guess. The other picks are all ones we wont use, 

Edited by Lil_red_fire_engine
  • Like 10

This is just Tim Lamb’s gift to all of you who were all primed to be outraged about the Grundy trade and now need an outlet, as that one unexpectedly (in your minds) went good. Some people just always need to be furious and critical about something.

I’m not one of them. Welcome Josh. Hope you are able to turn things around at the MFC.

• Like 11

A replacement for Mitch Brown and Majak Daw who cost us nothing in the trade and probably very little in salary. If we get anything more out of him it'll be a bonus. At the very least he'll help keep Casey competitive - which isn't to be scoffed at as it's our feeder team and success breeds success.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tony Rowell said:

I am happy also to back FD . Sick of negative posts on demonland, unbelievable 🙄

We too!

I remember this kid in the U18s. He has a beautiful left foot with great kicking action.

BTW he's now 202cm

At 25yo he gets another chance with us. May turn out to be our Money Ball

Go Dees

Edited by Hardley Benial
  • Like 2

Him and Oliver grew up playing junior representative footy in regional Victoria.

They're very close mates and so are their families.

I remember when I had a fair bit of involvement in Schache's last year in the Murray Bushrangers and we all thought he was going to be a future star forward of the competition in years to come.

His work rate and especially endurance levels was pretty elite as a roaming CHF in the same style as Travis Cloke.

The talent is certainly there and unlike some I'm bullish about him considering he's been at a club with poor culture (doggies) where there's been some culture issue which has resulted in a fair few of their current and ex players all seem to taking personal leave at certain stages.

Fresh start, new voice and a coaching staff that is big in wrapping their arms around instead of the opposite. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2