CHANGES: SF vs Brisbane

Demonland

In some ways, I like the fact he doesn’t lose his cool in the face of poor short term results. Still, I would have liked to have seen a bit more risk in the forward line. I don’t think the one key forward/one resting ruck is potent enough but that appears to be what Goodwin wants to persist with. 

I would be blown away if JVR was played now, having not been played throughout the season when Weidemann was underperforming. I think we’ll see minimal changes.

Melksham I would keep. He does go missing in some games but at his best is a genuine match winner.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Usually by now you'd hear whispers of potential debutant like the Brisbane one last week. Looks like it won't be the same for JVR.

Shame.

He should've been tried around the North game, too late now IMO. Perhaps its Goodwin's stubbornness coming back again aka 2019-2020? Or maybe JVR has underlying issues. I don't see him as the answer for our KPF problems but I haven't seen him play either. We need a couple of strong marking mobile around 200cm types, where they come from, stuff knows. I thought Jackson would've shown more by now, but outside of that GF, I've been underwhelmed tbh.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SFebes said:

He should've been tried around the North game, too late now IMO. Perhaps its Goodwin's stubbornness coming back again aka 2019-2020? Or maybe JVR has underlying issues. I don't see him as the answer for our KPF problems but I haven't seen him play either. We need a couple of strong marking mobile around 200cm types, where they come from, stuff knows. I thought Jackson would've shown more by now, but outside of that GF, I've been underwhelmed tbh.

For a 20yo ruckman l think he is performing very well, he’s spending more time in the ruck than Max, allowing Max to go forward to kick points😉

His around the the ground & forward craft can & will improve in the next few years.

I think we’re all annoyed that he’s probably leaving & are talking ourselves in to him under performing 

Just now, Billy said:

For a 20yo ruckman l think he is performing very well, he’s spending more time in the ruck than Max, allowing Max to go forward to kick points😉

His around the the ground & forward craft can & will improve in the next few years.

I think we’re all annoyed that he’s probably leaving & are talking ourselves in to him under performing 

Haha. I'm not annoyed he's leaving, I'm actually relieved. He just doesn't do enough. Anyway, next.

• Like 1

Wet and damp on Friday night so quick little blokes are the go.  Might mean Bowey in.   I think Salem is not playing well.

and no Tmac.  He needs one or two At Casey 

go Dees 

• Like 1

It could be finally happening!

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/jay-clark-the-semi-final-selection-curveball-melbourne-may-throw-up-against-brisbane-205586

"Melbourne fans know who this man is.

"Speaking to Melbourne today, they think (Jacob) van Rooyen is absolutely in the mix for a September debut."

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/jay-clark-the-semi-final-selection-curveball-melbourne-may-throw-up-against-brisbane-205586

"Speaking to Melbourne today, they think (Jacob) van Rooyen is absolutely in the mix for a September debut."

party yes GIF by Client Liaison

• Haha 2

We need a second tall plain and simple, we have got too cute with max starting forward and letting LJ start ruck. Max is the captain and the man, own the ruck and bring us another cup.

I watched Casey up here against Brisbane and watched Weid very closely, granted it was one game but Wylie Buzza took him to the cleaners, any contact in a marking contest completely deters his ability to complete. 

JVR on the other hand, looked like a footballer, much bigger than I expected. Competed in the air and was good on the ground. Debutants provide energy to the team and we could ride his story through the next 3 games. He won’t need to come in and star, just play his role and provides unknown to our opposition. I’d 100% be bringing him in. 

Ins: JVR 

out: melksham 

chandler for sparGOAT if he can’t get up. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, adonski said:

Nah goody is just stubborn 

He has a 'this group won the flag by 12 goals last year therefore this group will do it again' mindset I'm sure of it

Fancy having faith in a bunch of blokes that won the flag for us after 57 years??

madness!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Fancy having faith in a bunch of blokes that won the flag for us after 57 years??

madness!

So the 2021 Premiership 22 get a Gold Ticket into our senior team forever and a day? 

It was shameful that Clay Sampson didn't get to play in back to back flags for Adelaide, after being part of their inaugural premiership team. How dare they drop him during the 1998 season, and then trade him the following season.

33 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Please be true. 

21 minutes ago, mo64 said:

So the 2021 Premiership 22 get a Gold Ticket into our senior team forever and a day? 

It was shameful that Clay Sampson didn't get to play in back to back flags for Adelaide, after being part of their inaugural premiership team. How dare they drop him during the 1998 season, and then trade him the following season.

Don't forget Trent Ormond-Allen - he only missed the 1997 GF due to glandular fever!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

It is a big risk to play him in a do or die final, when he was in average at best form prior to injury, is already slower than the Titanic and is coming off a very very serious injury.

I think playing JVR would be less risky, and we know the coaching department won't pull that trigger. 

Average at best? He’d just kicked 11 goals in 4 games and taken 5 contested marks, was averaging 12-13 disposals a game. IMO he was in good form and building.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mo64 said:

No golden ticket as shown by Bowey and Jordon, T Mac, etc being dropped this year

i just think it’s reasonable for proven premiership performers to be backed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy said:

Underperformed big time last Friday, no getting around that.