POSTMATCH: Rd 22 vs Carlton

Demonland

4 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

Petty is AA, he is just brilliant. Brayshaw huge all night. Please I cannot watch us kick it to Brown anymore, thank you, like you, but not the KPF we need.  Thanks Melks love your work. Cannot understand how we got picked apart in the contest, without our defence we would have been blown up. Salem looking better each week. 

We need another KPF. Brown is easy to cover right now, look at our forward line 

• Like 4

When Curnow kicked that goal and the Blues fans thought they were in the finals made me puke. Knowing now they are grimacing and weeping makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 

Some players continue to struggle, but our team effort in those last 2 minutes has at the least given us our belief back. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

If you told me we’d win a flag then win at least 15 games the following season I would take it in a heartbeat. Couldn’t go tonight as my daughter had her 16th Birthday…double celebration for her.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 21
  • Love 4

I was embarrassed I walked out after their last goal. Forced myself to go back to watch the finish - probably the right call 😅

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

Everyone plays out of their skin against us. 

These f'wits were playing for there lives, they haven't played like that all season.

Bunch of crooked, corrupt and  arrogant tossers.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, deva5610 said:

possible finals contender

With 3 of their 5 best midfielders out. We have only 3 of our entire list unavailable, only one of whom is ‘usually’ best 22. If we’re a genuine premiership contender, 2 games out from finals, we just wouldn’t have got over the line with just 11 seconds to go. Still, things can change, our best could be yet to come, other contenders might wilt, etc, etc….but a LOT would have to change. Just looks very unlikely from here. I do love this win though. Week by week……

• Like 4

Hopefully an injection of belief, which gives us back a bit of dare in our footy. The safety element has crept in. 

Clutch by Kozzy - he was having  doozie most of the night. But it only takes a moment to turn that in its head.

We look lost for large patches in that game. Our contest work seems a bit kamakaze and our midfield is quite easily beaten at times. Don’t get me wrong, the Blues , esp Crippa is the best inside bull in the comp. Shouldn’t have been playing, but he is responsible for the Blues competitiveness. 

Melksham, hats off, you deserve an extension. 

• Like 4

So good to see us play 4 quarters, the Blues would have beaten most sides today, i'd rate that our best win for the year, they were dog hungry for 4 quarters

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, one_demon said:

Enjoy the win of course, but it's important to be realistic and the reality is we're not wining it this year.  

That's my point. How the f#ck do people go from no success to 'premiership or bust' mentality 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Hopefully that finish will spark our season. We’re very predictable. Our game plan is stale but we have champions in the team and we have heart. Btw my heart is buggered after that but I’ll recover

give Melks a year extension now

go dees

• Like 6

I’m not as negative about the result as others. I thought Carlton played really well and it was a tough, contested game. We won the game and we played a good forward half game for most of it.

We’re the best travelling side in the comp and we’ve had the wood over the Lions over the last couple of years.

Bring on top 4. 

• Like 13