• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

• Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

POSTMATCH: Rd 22 vs Carlton

Demonland

13 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

They were rabid tonight.

2 fights around us after the siren. One I am 90% was between 2 Carlton supporters. Why do security go home half way through the last? I had to pull 2 guys apart and no cops or security anywhere.

I remember 2 Demons fans getting physical after a loss to the Blues at Princes Park, back in the 1990's. It definitely is sad when that happens and stays with you when many happier footy memories fade.

• Like 2

Fantastic to get a win in front of the faithful after losing 6 out of their last 7 games in VIC.

You could’ve written your own ticket for a Melbourne win after Curnow kicked what seemed like the sealer at the time.

Carlton supporters don’t bother me as much as others here, the Filth are far worse. However, can someone advise why they were booing Langdon tonight? Pretty sure he was trash talking Collingwood last week and had absolutely nothing to do with Carlton.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, praha said:

Melksham effectively locked his position in the team for finals. Hunt as well. Gonna be tough for Harmes to get back into the squad

I think harmes could play sparrows role more effectively but clearly the FD sees sparrow as a lock for the 22. 
Nothing against sparrow I just think harmes gives us more flexibility and is more dynamic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McStaff said:

It was only a couple of years ago that you thought Viney was an absolute crab and shouldn’t play. 
it’s okay to rip into players when they’re playing like 💩 but fail to acknowledge that you’re wrong when they become a serious player. 

Yeah nah, can't recall ever calling him a crab. There have been times where he's frustrated the [censored] out of me with his game style and still does.

His rugby league style football in getting the footy and trying to take on 10 blokes was costing us momentum in games and coughing up the footy to the opposition by getting pinged with the ball.

He had to take this [censored] out of his game quick smart because it wasn't doing the team any good. He has moments of this still, but it's a lot more limited now which is probably why he's finally having career best form.

Fail to recognise when I'm wrong? Bro I'm the only one in here who puts their hand up when I get it wrong.. 

I could easily call out others for being wrong and not admitting it but what's the point in that.

• Like 2

Far out. That was without a doubt the most tense game I've ever attended but I'm thrilled that we were finally able to win a really close match.

Melksham can take a bow. He has been making a massive difference to our forwardline lately. He must be selected for the finals.

I'm probably going to watch the replay of that Pickett goal 10 times.

Edited by Hopeful Demon
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

That was fun in the end, but excruciating for 95% of the game.

Our refusal (mostly May) to kick to the other side of the ground out of defence when we had free players in the last qtr was nearly the death of me. Long to Brown all night was terrible, also the fact we never where at the fall of the ball. The bloke playing on Brown had an AFL record for spoils . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

They were rabid tonight.

2 fights around us after the siren. One I am 90% was between 2 Carlton supporters. Why do security go home half way through the last? I had to pull 2 guys apart and no cops or security anywhere.

If it was two Carlton supporters why did you bother pulling them apart 

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

I thought Melksham was finished and especially so after he punched May. That punch relaunched his career. 

Was that a straight left jab or a right cross? 

Edited by Tarax Club
Who's got the rubber legs now?
  • Haha 1

The Dees are not playing well but if we can stay in the top 4, anything can happen. If we had won by 30 points I would not have been jumping around the place like I had kicked that last goal. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Brown got more involved in the last quarter and contributed. Fritsch has a bad night but laid almost a team high  8 tackles which is great work when not getting the ball.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 15

20 minutes ago, CYB said:

We did get 23-13 frees, but what it doesn’t tell you is goals from frees. I think they won that 4-1. It should be a third scoring based stat: goals from turnover, goals from stoppage,l and goals from frees. I think that stat would tell a massive story about umpire influence. Probably why we don’t hear much about it.

There is a reason why its not an official stat.

Riots in the stands imagine that stat coming up on the scoreboard.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Yeah nah, can't recall ever calling him a crab. There have been times where he's frustrated the [censored] out of me with his game style and still does.

His rugby league style football in getting the footy and trying to take on 10 blokes was costing us momentum in games and coughing up the footy to the opposition by getting pinged with the ball.

He had to take this [censored] out of his game quick smart because it wasn't doing the team any good. He has moments of this still, but it's a lot more limited now which is probably why he's finally having career best form.

Fail to recognise when I'm wrong? Bro I'm the only one in here who puts their hand up when I get it wrong.. 

I could easily call out others for being wrong and not admitting it but what's the point in that.

Don’t change mate. 

We all support our club but still have varying opinions. 
Nothing wrong with that. ❤️💙💪

• Like 5

Just back in south Melb 
Carlton played very well.  It was very tight game, they stuffed up the last two minutes. 
I thiught every player deserved applause they all put in   Some perhaps more obviously than others. 
it was freezing at ground level.

and some of the umpiring was bizarre 

but that was a sweet sweet win  bestvoressure game I can remember us winning. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I HATE CARLSCUM. I cannot write down how much i hate those cheap cheating Bastards 

I hope they are all shattered tonight 

Kozz….

80B5934D-C0D8-46CA-91F4-3C3F54AC2C47.jpeg

6384836B-FBD5-4CC4-B1D5-8543DF735C93.jpeg

4258319C-2746-4AB3-B383-A4619DEBEE89.jpeg

42CD480E-C23B-46B1-A913-9DB5EC2B5D5B.jpeg

I just loved how he turned on the tackler after kicking the goal and stuck it to him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bates Mate said:

That was fun in the end, but excruciating for 95% of the game.

Our refusal (mostly May) to kick to the other side of the ground out of defence when we had free players in the last qtr was nearly the death of me. Long to Brown all night was terrible, also the fact we never where at the fall of the ball. The bloke playing on Brown had an AFL record for spoils . 

Our coaches will see that as a win unfortunately. The only reason we won this game in the end was because Hunt chose to take the game on with his run. Oh, and no-one has mentioned how Melksham managed to take that mark amongst 3 Carlton players. If that was against the Pies, it wouldn't have happened, and we lose.

• Like 3

I really hope this win bonds the team together to really kick start our finals run. If you go back to last year, it was the Geelong game which pretty much gave this team the belief we can win any game of football even when you’re down. To be down by 2 kicks with 2 mins remaining and end up winning the game will do wonders for the belief. I can appreciate how the belief of Collingwood is sky high with all these close wins.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Our coaches will see that as a win unfortunately. The only reason we won this game in the end was because Hunt chose to take the game on with his run. Oh, and no-one has mentioned how Melksham managed to take that mark amongst 3 Carlton players. If that was against the Pies, it wouldn't have happened, and we lose.

It was a win. Would you prefer they saw it as a loss?

• Love 1