Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

The Run Home


Demonland
 Share


Recommended Posts

Anyone wanting a splash more confidence and belief?

https://www.afl.com.au/video/798583/who-s-your-premiership-tip-?videoId=798583&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1657656000001

Twomey and Riley Beveridge still backing us on the AFL Exchange. Sara Olle too. They're far less reactionary and clickbait than the channel nine commentators, and follow trends/stats more closely.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Wouldn't mind avoiding Sydney and/or Collingwood in the finals.

Our record against those two sides has been absolutely atrocious and embarrassing.

We have a 2-10 record against Sydney since 2012.

From round 23 2017 until present, we have a 1-5 record against Collingwood, and the only win came in one of those micky mouse shortened games during 2020 in which the Pies were on a 4 day break versus our 6.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Wouldn't mind avoiding Sydney and/or Collingwood in the finals.

Our record against those two sides has been absolutely atrocious and embarrassing.

We have a 2-10 record against Sydney since 2012.

From round 23 2017 until present, we have a 1-5 record against Collingwood, and the only win came in one of those micky mouse shortened games during 2020 in which the Pies were on a 4 day break versus our 6.

if the Pies/Swans make the finals they don't concern me. Our midfield would crush them in a finals-type game

Saints have an easy run (so do Pies) and I reckon could dislodge one of them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree swyl, when on our midfield still [censored] on every other midfield in the league and can bulldozer over them. Our defence is the best in the league. Our forward line is clearly the worry but more than capable especially when our mids are on top and contributing to the scoreboard.

I await the next two and a half months with nervous optimism.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agree swyl, when on our midfield still [censored] on every other midfield in the league and can bulldozer over them. Our defence is the best in the league. Our forward line is clearly the worry but more than capable especially when our mids are on top and contributing to the scoreboard.

I await the next two and a half months with nervous optimism.

Agree.
No one except those in the Football Department know exactly what the players are thinking. They will all speculate as if they do, but that’s all it is. 
Our List knows they can do it, it was the most emphatic Grand Final Victory ever, but do they want it again. By that i mean, the whole list. Losing TMac to a serious injury is a huge factor, but seeing him on the track this week moving freely gives me great hope. 
i have said it before but this year, from now is all about Attitude and Fitness. 
It has nothing to do with opponents 

 

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geelong played to their maximum capacity last weekend and for all their so called dominance only won by 28. With 10 minutes to go if Kosi doesn’t miss scores are level. Our pressure was way off what we’re capable off, we have several players fumbling a lot very early in the game and we had two of our weapons in Gawn and Jackson struggling to find touch and missing with injury. For all of our so called problems we’re sitting second by 2.7%. Nothing is guaranteed but I’m confident a top 2 finish awaits then our dream of back to back is there for the taking.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Wouldn't mind avoiding Sydney and/or Collingwood in the finals.

Our record against those two sides has been absolutely atrocious and embarrassing.

We have a 2-10 record against Sydney since 2012.

From round 23 2017 until present, we have a 1-5 record against Collingwood, and the only win came in one of those micky mouse shortened games during 2020 in which the Pies were on a 4 day break versus our 6.

Don't worry about the filth. They are our cannon fodder in finals.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Geelong played to their maximum capacity last weekend and for all their so called dominance only won by 28. With 10 minutes to go if Kosi doesn’t miss scores are level. Our pressure was way off what we’re capable off, we have several players fumbling a lot very early in the game and we had two of our weapons in Gawn and Jackson struggling to find touch and missing with injury. For all of our so called problems we’re sitting second by 2.7%. Nothing is guaranteed but I’m confident a top 2 finish awaits then our dream of back to back is there for the taking.

I wouldn’t say maximum capacity, they were missing Stewart who, apart from literally taking players out, is a massive part of their game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TheWiz said:

I wouldn’t say maximum capacity, they were missing Stewart who, apart from literally taking players out, is a massive part of their game.

I meant in terms of ability / pressure applied. 
We had TMac out but that’s not what I was talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing how everyone rates T/mac so highly now that he's unavailable.. Before most wanted him dropped,and was, but recalled due to covid protocols hitting the team. 

I dont believe all this talk about clubs figuring us out.We just arent playing as well incl the backline. Why didnt anyone figure out Hawthorn who went three peat?

S.May and our forwards need to pull their socks up. Keep focused. No unforced changes required.

Brayshaw into the middle if Oliver out. Replace him with anyone you fancy except you know who.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, deebunked said:

Amazing how everyone rates T/mac so highly now that he's unavailable.. Before most wanted him dropped,and was, but recalled due to covid protocols hitting the team. 

I dont believe all this talk about clubs figuring us out.We just arent playing as well incl the backline. Why didnt anyone figure out Hawthorn who went three peat?

S.May and our forwards need to pull their socks up. Keep focused. No unforced changes required.

Brayshaw into the middle if Oliver out. Replace him with anyone you fancy except you know who.

How did the Hawks go in 2009?

Took them a few years to toughen up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had an interesting chat with a former AFL great / media figure last night and he doesn't buy into the training load theory much. His view was that it was more hunger and it wasn't easy to go back-to-back without that. Thinks the cats have it, but he's not sure they will last in the finals. Still thinks if we can find our best, that we are lock.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To my view, we are in a similar spot to where we were last year, but the critical difference is this year we know (from last year) that we have, and can find, another gear as we ramp into September.

And knowing is more powerful than hoping.

So we are better placed to win this years GF than last years...

Q.E.D

;)

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, CYB said:

Had an interesting chat with a former AFL great / media figure last night and he doesn't buy into the training load theory much. His view was that it was more hunger and it wasn't easy to go back-to-back without that. Thinks the cats have it, but he's not sure they will last in the finals. Still thinks if we can find our best, that we are lock.

Mick Malthouse ?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CYB said:

Had an interesting chat with a former AFL great / media figure last night and he doesn't buy into the training load theory much. His view was that it was more hunger and it wasn't easy to go back-to-back without that. Thinks the cats have it, but he's not sure they will last in the finals. Still thinks if we can find our best, that we are lock.

Teams don't just lose their ability to run and repeat sprint etc during games. It's not just down to some intangible like "hunger".

How "former" is this former great? Many former greats have NFI when it comes to the modern game and get paid handsomely to espouse their ignorance.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Hang on..

We're playing the doggies next week off a 6 day break while they get a 8 day break themselves?

Yeah nah great scheduling......

I’m OK with that Dazzle. But the fact that the umpires have already blown the whistle and awarded the doggies 5 free kicks is seriously taking the [censored]!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Hang on..

We're playing the doggies next week off a 6 day break while they get a 8 day break themselves?

Yeah nah great scheduling......

 

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

And then the following week we get a second consecutive 6 day break, whilst Fremantle get 7. 

Throw in the 2 long haul flights in 14 days to NT and WA and the challenge grows.

I take comfort from the fact we had much worse in the last month or so of 2021 HnA season and had extensive quarantine requirements thrown im, as we travelled to and from: WA.SA and Qld.

So we have the formula 🤞

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, PaulRB said:

To my view, we are in a similar spot to where we were last year, but the critical difference is this year we know (from last year) that we have, and can find, another gear as we ramp into September.

And knowing is more powerful than hoping.

So we are better placed to win this years GF than last years...

Q.E.D

;)

Your comments abobe are spot on IMO.

Only 3 weeks ago we found the gear and demolished a supposed contender in the Lions. The media had us all back as flag favourites.

The belief this season will be real, whilst last year given lack of finals experience it was more of hoping - probably for fans and maybe the team as well. Except for Goody of course - he'd seen it all before.

They can now visualise success in Spetmember. last year they couldn't.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Wednesday 1st February 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT REHAB  Clarry, Max, Farris-White, Melky, Matt Jefferson, Jakey Lever, Joel Smith & 1 Other I couldn't place. Glad to see the Club being ultra cautious with Clarry's thumb BUT the fact he is still troubled with it is worrying (God I hate Selwood) Got there at 10.50 to see Full match Simulation Game between the Blues and the Whites. Quite clearly the Blues were the A Team and the Whites were the possibles. Some interesting faces in the white Team h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 30th January 2023

    PICKET FENCE'S TRAINING REPORT NO SHOWS JACK VINEY, MATT JEFFERSON, CHRISTIAN SALEM. Also Did not see ADAM TOMLINSON  INJURIES MODIFIED DUTIES MAX, JOEL SMITH, ANB, AMW,( NO 47 Not sure who ) and during training CLARRY ( More on this latter)  SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS After warm ups and Run Throughs, players broke of into 3 Groups doing a variety of Close in Handball through traffic to hit clean target with players pressuring. One on one groundh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 25th January 2023

    DEMONLAND’S TRAINING REPORT Rehab Group: Lever (in runners but kicking the ball well and seems to be moving well), Max (not present), Melksham, Howes, AMW, J Smith - then later joined by the following not participating in contract drills/Match SIM - Brown, Spargo, D Turner, Verrall, Adams  Stafford was out early with Grundy & Verrall doing ruck drills.  White Guernseys: May, Bowey, Trac, JVR, Rivers, Sestan, Nibbler, Kozzie, Grundy, Hunter, Harmes, Fritsch, Laurie, Jord

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 23rd January 2023

    WIZARD333'S TRAINING REPORT I went down and it was locked out for first hour but could see through fence then allowed in. Max Gawn ran laps — it looks like a 3 to 4 week injury. Andy Moniz-Wakefield ran laps. Blake Howes was taken off late as was on restricted minutes. Adam Tomlinson loudest on track and a leader - surprised me but won't be in best 25. Jake Lever on bike and walking up n down stairs, yelling out as he does. Melky copped a niggle so ran laps but

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 20th January 2023

    TOUGH KENT'S TRAINING REPORT I journeyed out to Casey today and was fortunate enough to watch two quarters of match simulation. Here is a brief rundown of random occurrences/thoughts. First of all, there was no Jake Lever (ankle) or Joel Smith involved. AMW is still in rehab and was running strongly. It was Blue (Probables) v Red (Possibles) JvR was in blue. Ben Brown, T-Mac, Hibbo and Tom Sparrow were in red. Gus Brayshaw started at half back for blue and stayed there all game.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 18th January 2023

    DEE ZEPHYR'S TRAINING REPORT Morning all. First time at Goschs for a while, there’s a scoreboard set up which I’ve never seen here before. Possible match sim? Williams yelling out to players to get their hands off hips during drills. Gus looks fine to me. Absolutely., first two mins of match sim and his kicking is exquisite on both sides. He’s moving incredibly well.  Some observations from a match sim drill that lasted about 15-20 mins. The purpose se

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Monday 16th January 2023

    STINGA'S TRAINING REPORT Went with a friend to watch training this morning.  They have 3 sets of temporary grandstands set up next to the rooms for spectators and get a good view of everything. Fritsch was the only absentee and J Smith was on the bike for the whole session. Everyone in their own numbers except JVR in 44,   Kye Turner is 47 and Burgoyne 33. Started off with goal kicking which has been described before. Then an agility routine where where they ducked aroun

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Friday 13th January 2023

    REDLEGS23'S TRAINING REPORT Got to training about 9:50 & headed off by 11:30. Rehab / Light Drills: • Jed Adams • Kyah Farris-White • Will Varrall • I think i spotted Joel Smith, but could be wrong. The above doing light drills. Andy Moniz-Wakefield & Trent Burgoyne doing seperate laps / runs for the whole session. James Harmes, Angus Brayshaw & Steven May all started with the main group but then progressed to light duties / laps for the remainder of th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    TRAINING: Wednesday 11th January 2023

    WAYNE WUSSELL'S TRAINING REPORT Haven’t noticed Oliver, Petracca and Hunter, just about everyone else accounted for. Petracca here! J Smith striding out in rehab. BB taking lots of shots on goal after session marking in goal square v Stafford Younger players tending to float short passes to leading forward (D Smith, 33, 39, KF-S) while Petracca, Viney, Kossie, ANB shoot hard and low bullets Harmes, Verall, & Adams doing agility, ball handling JVR stand out in te

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...