COVID Disruptions 2022

bandicoot

10 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

You’re only an anti vaxxer until millions of dollars are at stake. Cool. 

My guess is that he's been vaccinated with Novavax. It appears to be the vaccine of choice for people who painted themselves into a philosophical corner by being anti-(Covid)-vaxxers. It's amazing how many understand the science enough to argue why Novavax is better and safer than the earlier options they declined.

I wonder if it's too late for Liam Jones?  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

My guess is that he's been vaccinated with Novavax. It appears to be the vaccine of choice for people who painted themselves into a philosophical corner by being anti-(Covid)-vaxxers. It's amazing how many understand the science enough to argue why Novavax is better and safer than the earlier options they declined.

Maybe the anti vaxxers think Novavax has been approved for use by the most respected anti vax expert - Novak Jokovic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Made for a good Heading & Subheading

Could have also gone with any of the following...

"Full forward takes on the full vax"

"Just this once, blokes rapt Darl changes mind"

"Jack's vax backtrack wacks fullbacks, racks back stacks to tax"

"Eagle's needles"

I'll see myself out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm just disappointed the paper didn't describe his action as having done a 360 degree backflip so we could then add a couple more pages to this thread on the incorrect use of "360". 

"Backflip" in itself is the wrong term to describe an about-face even without the 180/360 kicker.

When you do a backflip, you end up in the exactly the same place you started. 

In other words, your position hasn't changed at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

"Backflip" in itself is the wrong term to describe an about-face even without the 180/360 kicker.

When you do a backflip, you end up in the exactly the same place you started. 

In other words, your position hasn't changed at all.

i think darling would struggle to complete a backflip successfully, so his position would be somewhat altered even if undesired  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, binman said:

I respect his right to sell his values down the river.....

10 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I don’t want to start a religious debate on here (I’m not religious), but Novavax is the only vaccine that doesn’t contain human foetal material or wasn’t tested on a line of cells derived from a human foetus. Although I don’t share the same beliefs, it’s entirely possible that Jack didn’t sell his values down the river at all.  It could be quite the total opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

Could have also gone with any of the following...

"Full forward takes on the full vax"

"Just this once, blokes rapt Darl changes mind"

"Jack's vax backtrack wacks fullbacks, racks back stacks to tax"

"Eagle's needles"

I'll see myself out...

I can't even decipher what the 4th one even means.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Watson11 said:

I don’t want to start a religious debate on here (I’m not religious), but Novavax is the only vaccine that doesn’t contain human foetal material or wasn’t tested on a line of cells derived from a human foetus. Although I don’t share the same beliefs, it’s entirely possible that Jack didn’t sell his values down the river at all.  It could be quite the total opposite.

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of that

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Watson11 said:

Novavax is the only vaccine that doesn’t contain human foetal material or wasn’t tested on a line of cells derived from a human foetus.

Existing Covid vaccines don't contain human foetal material. But I don't believe that had anything to do with Darling's objections in any case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Watson11 said:

The Pope said it was ok though...

Also, no COVD  vaccine contains human fetal material.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Existing Covid vaccines don't contain human foetal material. But I don't believe that had anything to do with Darling's objections in any case.

5 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

The Pope said it was ok though...

Also, no COVD  vaccine contains human fetal material.

Fair enough.  I should have stated the cell lines are used in production. Some vaccines are manufactured using foetal cell lines.  Others are tested for safety using foetal cell lines. None of the cell material remains in the final product. My understanding is Novavax did neither and is the only vaccine to be developed like that which is why some people waited for it. I would have no idea of Jack Darlings reasons for waiting.

Edited by Watson11
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Watson11 said:

His mother in law is apparently a renowned anti vaxxer, I doubt it's got anything to do with religious beliefs of that nature

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

4 hours ago, bandicoot said:

I respect his right to decline the vaccine considering his chances of getting seriously I’ll with Covid was minuscule… 

It's not just about how sick he will get but whatever.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His mother in law is apparently a renowned anti vaxxer, I doubt it's got anything to do with religious beliefs of that nature

She is also an extremely committed Catholic and the deputy chair of the Catholic parish council for Boulder-Kalgoorlie in WA.  A Catholic Facebook group she is a member of was circulating all of the foetal cell line stuff and waiting for Novavax (my sister in law waited) despite the Catholic Church being ok with vaccines. I have no idea if Jack Darling waited for that reason but it is a possibility he would like to keep his religious views private.  

Edited by Watson11
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1