MFC GF Celebration Coming in December

Demonland

13 hours ago, Satan said:

Seems entry will  be free

Ray, people will come, Ray.

They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past.

"Of course, we won't mind if you look around," you'll say. "It's only twenty dollars per person." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have and peace they lack.

I think we should charge $20.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Maldonboy38 said:

I will NOT miss this. I will yell myself hoarse like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert. Can't wait. 

My auntie went to see the Beatles in Melbourne, and she's a Melbourne supporter.....

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cassiew said:

But that is the topic. Us seeing the cup. IF there is a photo opportunity it won’t be worthwhile with a mask

After Nov 29, Masks only required 

- in high risk indoor settings
- where there are low vaccination levels
- where you cannot socially distance

Hopefully the photo opportunity on the ground/open, happy to mask in the queue if need be and then whip off for the Trophy

• Like 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Redbeard said:

Hopefully they hire some big screens to put around the ground and aren't just relying on the scoreboards

Why not ? They are big enough and sound is no issue.

There  are TV screens also in the MCC Reserve for extra coverage in that portion of the ground. 

I am willing to pay $20 or even $30 per person to enter the MCG for this Melbourne Demons Premiership celebration event.

I am also willing to pay (within reason) to have a photo of me and my Dad holding the 2021 Premiership Cup. That will be an extra special photo and I will probably be crying tears of joy a bit for that photo. 🥲

As long as it is a great spectacle with lots of merchandising and food and entertainment then I can see it as a clever way for the Melbourne Football Club to make quite a bit of profit.

After losing money from not having the Northern Territory game at Alice Springs and the Queen's Birthday game at the MCG I think it is paramount that the Melbourne Football Club hosts this event at the MCG and we have as many Demons supporters as possible attend.

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 4

Assuming they make it worthwhile this will draw tens of thousands. No need to charge members who paid for 2 years for little return, and probably no chance to get a photo with the cup.

But to hear from coaches and players, sing the song, watch either the full game or selected highlights, it should be great.

• Like 1

I'm in two minds around a price of admission given I've paid hundreds of dollars for family GF guarantee memberships which, through no fault of MFC, wasn't guaranteed.

"We're doing this for the fans, sorry you couldn't be there - pls. hand over more hard earned."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

pls. hand over more hard earned."

Let's say it is $30 and a70,000 attend. That's a cool $2,100,000.

That $2,100,000 can be used towards a belated thorough analysis the 2018 Preliminary Final. :cool:

Edited by Engorged Onion
poor maths!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

well if you go and get a chance for a photo with the cup.....

then just before camera clicks, whip off mask, camera clicks, put mask back on

i'm sure no-one will arrest or shoot you for a 3 second de-masking

Sounds fair.  Just follow 2 simple Covid-sensible rules:

1. No kissing the Cup
  2. No licking the Cup.
Edited by TRIGON
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Demonstone said:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10/26/regional-fans-filthy-over-melbourne-fan-day-premiership-event-costs/

They're doing a regional tour, but the admission price is an eye-watering $149 for a single or $499 for a family to attend.  Such high prices will keep a lot of fans away, I would expect.

I heard about it yesterday - apparently at The Potato Shed in Drysdale @drysdale demon - but the proceeds do not go to the club, allegedly.

3 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/10/26/regional-fans-filthy-over-melbourne-fan-day-premiership-event-costs/

They're doing a regional tour, but the admission price is an eye-watering $149 for a single or $499 for a family to attend.  Such high prices will keep a lot of fans away, I would expect.

Wow, a replica premiership cup!

I don't get how there would be demand for so many events all over the state. 

Edited by Dalrot
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Let's say it is $30 and a70,000 attend. That's a cool $210,000.

That $210,000 can be used towards a belated thorough analysis the 2018 Preliminary Final. :cool:

Engorged… you edited this and your maths is still bad.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

I live in the "regions", and there's no way I'm going to spend $500 for the whole family to go to an event like this. You have to wonder where celebrating a premiership ends and price-gouging begins.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

Don’t go near it. 
has nothing to do with the club

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Don’t go near it. 
has nothing to do with the club

Yep…you might know someone that had a direct chat with the organiser about this a couple of weeks ago SWYL. Not at all interested in this.

• Like 1

This is the most significant part of the article:  "The eight events are being organised outside the Melbourne Football Club’s control by event company, DAPS Entertainment".  

And odd attitude by the promoter:  

"I’ve got large overheads. I book all the players though their agents, not the club. I’ve got to hire the venue and the venues aren’t cheap. There’s tech crews, memorabilia and it all adds up... “I will not run these events at a loss. I’m not in the events business to lose money. I’ve got to cover my costs and hopefully make something in return from it".

It sounds like he has engaged the players directly through their managers.  Presumably the club has no control over their external promotion/appearance contracts. 

But gee whizz this is effectively promoting the MFC's Flag and importantly using the MFC Brand which could so easily be tarnished by this guy, so hopefully someone at the club has endorsed it.  I wonder if he is using an official AFL replica Cup...

Edited by Premiers
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, binman said:

And Darcy will be the MC

No. BT should be made to do it as payback for all the crap he has laid on us over the years. 

• Haha 1