Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

10 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

It might be that he sees himself living in Perth for the better part of his career as his priority rather than just money or playing in successful sides, and that his parents have moved over to help him through some issues.

care to elaborate on what this means ?

1 hour ago, Neil Crompton said:

I was hoping that a premiership would have stopped this type of “sky falling” conjecture. 

Yea I got rid of the MFCSS tatoo on my forehead as well..

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sydee said:

Indeed.

If they did move over, or are yet to (has anyone heard one way or the other, or the other?) wasn't the notice of / discussion about them doing so very soon after he was drafted, which wouldn't seem to correlate with 'issues', which you'd imagine would come up over time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DubDee said:

Hang on, this is unbelievable!

theres a place called Cockburn in Australia and I never knew about it?!

move over Cockfosters we have a new clubhouse leader!

It's legit where the Freo Dockers have their training base, which makes alot of sense, due to their reputation of having alot of top half back flankers.

...P.S. it's actually pronounced more Coburn, but don't let that stand in the way of having a good giggle!

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

It's legit where the Freo Dockers have their training base, which makes alot of sense, due to their reputation of having alot of top half back flankers.

...P.S. it's actually pronounced more Coburn, but don't let that stand in the way of having a good giggle!

Ah, the David Koch school of pronunciation.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sydee said:

Meaning home sickness. Nothing more than that.

If he's having his parents come over to live with or near him, then I'd be putting 2 and 2 together and presume his home sick.

I could be wrong.

Ultimately I'd love for him to sign a 4 year deal, but I don't think this re-signing will be easy IMO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Meaning home sickness. Nothing more than that.

If he's having his parents come over to live with or near him, then I'd be putting 2 and 2 together and presume his home sick.

I could be wrong.

Ultimately I'd love for him to sign a 4 year deal, but I don't think this re-signing will be easy IMO.

Fair enough BBP

I could put 2 and 2 together and presume he is very happy playing with his mates at Melbourne and his parents see a great opportunity to move to Melbourne to spend more time watching him develop into a great footballer in a city that arguably has a lot more to offer than Perth

I could be wrong 

Just don't see any value in speculating either way. I have no idea what's going on and neither do you

He always comes across as being a happy lad - and why wouldn't he be. I finally have a level of confidence in our coaches and officials to get these things right.

If we are concerned that he is about to get homesick and run back to Perth I find it remarkable that we have just loaded up with another 3 WA boys in the draft 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sydee said:

Fair enough BBP

I could put 2 and 2 together and presume he is very happy playing with his mates at Melbourne and his parents see a great opportunity to move to Melbourne to spend more time watching him develop into a great footballer in a city that arguably has a lot more to offer than Perth

I could be wrong 

Just don't see any value in speculating either way. I have no idea what's going on and neither do you

He always comes across as being a happy lad - and why wouldn't he be. I finally have a level of confidence in our coaches and officials to get these things right.

If we are concerned that he is about to get homesick and run back to Perth I find it remarkable that we have just loaded up with another 3 WA boys in the draft 

I agree with everything you've said other than the last paragraph.

The club isn't going to factor in homesickness when recruiting, even if they had an inkling that Jackson may want to go home.

I'd be more concerned with Dogga being tempted by a crazy contract offer elsewhere than the homesickness factor.

8 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I'm starting to get a bit worried about all this.   My sister's freinds brother Phil is in Cockburn (the suburb or Perth) works as an admin assistant to an estate agent was saying the other day that a they had a buyers agaent who was saying he worked for an AFL player of one of the successful East coast teams inquiring about property in the area.

🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Unless his old man gets a job as a recruiter for WCE, nothing to worry about.

Reminds me of what a grubby affair the whole Tom $cully defection was (literally and metaphorically, since Graeme 'Grubby' Allan was up to his eyeballs in it).  Won't ever forget or forgive all that.  Spare me the sob story about what a rabble we were off the feild and how $cully just wanted to be part of a sucessful culture, it was mostly just about the $$$$. 

Our current captain stayed and became an important cog in the rebuilding of sucessful, selfless team culture, hoisted the cup and has a premership medallion that's worth more than the millions $cully got paid and I think there's something in that.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

...which is also a segue back to the Luke Jackson situation.  In his captains diary, Max details quite alot how having both himself and LJ within the team is enhancing both their games and how Max himself has learnt from LJ to keep moving and stay involved after the ruck contest.  Equally, I've only ever heard LJ say great things about working with and learning from Max and the respect he had for him was clearly evident.

I remember at the time he was recruited how so many people were questioning why Melbourne would use such a high pick on another ruck, when we already had the best in the competition and how that might work out over the longer term.  But it's worked out brilliantly.

I almost pitty opposition teams comming up against us over the next few seasons if LJ and Gawn can take their games to another level.  In seasons gone by I noticed a substantial drop off in our momentum in games when Max was rested on the bench for short periods, but now the opposite is true and how other teams will deal with how/when to rest their main ruck in this scenario is such an asset to our team.

I'd be thinking that LJ will want to be a part of this kind of arrangement for years to come and I've got little doubt that the MFC will repay the deeds and faith that LJ has given the club, when the oppertunity to reward him financially arises.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Reminds me of what a grubby affair the whole Tom $cully defection was (literally and metaphorically, since Graeme 'Grubby' Allan was up to his eyeballs in it).  Won't ever forget or forgive all that.  Spare me the sob story about what a rabble we were off the feild and how $cully just wanted to be part of a sucessful culture, it was mostly just about the $$$$. 

Our current captain stayed and became an important cog in the rebuilding of sucessful, selfless team culture, hoisted the cup and has a premership medallion that's worth more than the millions $cully got paid and I think there's something in that.

Who?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

You cannot do that now, too many people get offended by that....

Significant other? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Wrecker46 said:

He has no front teeth

7 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Beggars can't be choosers

He’s missing his front teeth, that’s all.

l mean, even Bernard Tomic has a girlfriend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5