POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

4 hours ago, A F said:

Seeing my sister yesterday, we both said it was anti climatic. Quite incredible really, given we've dreamed of this for so long. I felt strangely hollow after it.

Had the emotion at the end of the game in round 23, I couldn’t control my self after that and had so much adrenaline going. 39 down last qtr vs Geelong in Geelong, mark and goal after the siren Max Gawn, it had everything. Every game since then has just been an encore. Maybe for a minute  in the 3rd I felt it on Saturday but it was just so clinical and fast how quickly it turned it was over before I could process it all.

• Like 3

It was definitely strange the way the finals unfolded. 

The club has been through so much struggle, and I always envisaged we'd break the drought with a tight victory.

But we relatively cruised through the 3 finals with a 190 point combined winning margin. 

I was nervous and worried in the 3rd quarter of the GF but we just blew them away and I just let it all sink in.

I always thought I'd cry happy tears but i did not, guess it may have been different if I was there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

I had the big rush of excitement and emotion when Gawn kicked the goal after the siren in round 23.

Such a good point. Me too.

My head nearly exploded. 

In years to come I will remember round 23 and tge grand final as a package almost.

It all felt it was destined.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Did anyone else find that because of the way we won (onslaught of goals in the end) they never really had a big rush of emotion when we won?

Hard to explain, I just never had the cascade of tears that I was expecting.

I said to my wife 'I thought I was going to cry, but I don't think I am!'

That lasted until Max and Goody raised the cup...

I wish I had something more meaningful to contribute to this wonderful thread but I'm still a bit stunned and lost for words.

After the Prelim win, I lamented only half-jokingly to friends that we'd produced our best a week early. Things ran hot and we were scintillating.

To back it up in the GF with what many are calling the most devastating 45 minutes of footy in finals history beggars belief.  

We could win the next 10 flags but we're unlikely to see anything like that ever again.  

• Like 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Garbo said:

Had the emotion at the end of the game in round 23, I couldn’t control my self after that and had so much adrenaline going. 39 down last qtr vs Geelong in Geelong, mark and goal after the siren Max Gawn, it had everything. Every game since then has just been an encore. Maybe for a minute  in the 3rd I felt it on Saturday but it was just so clinical and fast how quickly it turned it was over before I could process it all.

Oh yeah, I was crying in the immediate aftermath of the Geelong win. And I cried a number of times in the build up to the GF, but only once during the game.

25 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Watching the replay. 8:53 left in the third quarter. I’m worried. Don’t tell me how it ends. 

Love the name change.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Does anyone know if theres a chance someone uploads a replay with different commentary? I really want to watch sans BT's over the top drama.

Any angels out there willing to sink up a SEN or 774 call to the game?

Apologies if this has already be queried 

I heard the official Grand Final DVD will have several commentary options including SEN (not sure about ABC).  Can be ordered from places like JB Hifi already

Edited by S_T
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Does anyone know if theres a chance someone uploads a replay with different commentary? I really want to watch sans BT's over the top drama.

you could sync to one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/user/harrypotter6116/videos

Just want to give a few thoughts now that i've recovered emotionally.

Jack Viney was the underrated key in the midfield, did everything he could to will the ball forward all night.

Tom Sparrow did the shutdown role on Daniel after halftime. 

Rivers and Hibberd were magnificent. I said Lever and Salem will need to have the games of their lives, but the way the match ups worked out we really needed Hibberd and Rivers to win their battles and they did.

Angus Brayshaw, what a 3rd quarter. His crunching spoil on Schache got a very loud cheer from everyone around me.

• Like 4

i orginally signed up to demonland land many years ago when helping to organise intra-forum matches. i don't think i have logged in for many years. i just want to congratulate the dees on saturday's win. i was so thrilled for my demon supporting friends who - without exception - seemed to suffer the fear of failure syndrome i used to experience until collingwood won its breakthrough flag.

i watched many a melbourne game in the 80s with an old friend and adored robbie flower amongst others. he was a non-collingwood favourite. anyway, enjoy the spoils of victory. this game means so much to so many. fwiw, i have watched the replay four times. the last quarter and a half was a clinic.

Edited by jmcp
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Did anyone else find that because of the way we won (onslaught of goals in the end) they never really had a big rush of emotion when we won?

Hard to explain, I just never had the cascade of tears that I was expecting.

I sobbed when Nibbler kicked his goal to put us 42 points up.  It was then I knew.  Born in 1966 and I have carried all three kids from babies in my arms to the G.  My eldest is in Sydney and we couldnt be together for the game, but my 18 year old and 12 year old were with me.  Yesterday my 18 year old said he will never forget me sobbing and my daughter said she had never seen me cry before.  Hope I havent scarred them :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, faultydet said:

Same.

I just laughed. Couldnt have squeezed out a tear if i wanted to.

Going back over the radio commentary may fix that

Yes, I can't watch the 3 goals in a minute commentary/video without tearing up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not trying to put a damper on things but there's been a lot of talk of dynasties which i think is premature and presumptuous. Not saying we can’t win more than one, far from it, but there are plenty of reasons why we might not

• We won’t have the same luck with injuries
  • Other teams will be stronger. The doggies aren’t far off, Richmond have one more crack left in the tank, even GWS if they can get their players on the park will be a threat
  • We will be the hunted next year
  • And most importantly, will these players be prepared to put in the hard yards again of will they be satisfied with just the one pennant. Will the hunger and desire still be there when they return for preseason?

There is one big motivator that can really spur this group on next year and that is winning one in front of the faithful. It’s been great for our Perth brethren, I couldn’t be happier for them, but I’ve felt a little removed, distant from this win. I would love to experience a grand final win and belt out A Grand Old Flag at the ‘G

2 hours ago, Young Blood said:

I opened you tube and sourced sen commentary grand final 2021 - as well as kayo (if you have it) and synched it up perfectly through that. I had the abc radio version. sublime.

3 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

The way Tmac bulldozes Cordy over the line as he shepherds Clarries shot over the line was a huge feat of strength.

To be fair, Cordy needed to go back to have a chance at touching the ball anyway as it finished 3m or so over the line.