POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

This is all too much. I don’t know what to do now. My mighty Dees are the best team in the league. And by a f****** street. The whole basis of my supporting life is gone, because I’ve followed a team that doesn’t win premierships, for every one of my 56 years. IT’S TOO BL**** MUCH!!!!! BUT I [censored]ING LOVE IT!!!!!

• Like 16
  • Love 4

I saw the 1964 Grand Final and have wondered endlessly whether my grandchildren whose houses are today decked out in red and blue would ever see a Melbourne premiership 

There is so much to consider and I don’t pretend to be a brilliant analyst 

Better recruiting allied with pruning of the list

A couple of wildcards - Bayley Fritsch 

For me a special mention of the daring coaching tactic of handballing forward into danger trusting in the ability of the attacking player to carry forward the contest whereas for so many years the convention has been to handball backwards (the only team I can recall as successfully countering this in 2021 was Collingwood for whatever reason)

The development through Casey that has given some young ones with talent the experience of this Cup that can be carried forward 

Also  - from today’s game : we are building for the future 

perhaps to create not a one hit wonder but something special and ongoing 

My cup runneth over and our fourteen grandchildren not to mention five children have their faith and loyalty rewarded and they have witnessed a true team triumph (without individualism)

• Like 6
  • Love 9

8 minutes ago, Darkhorse72 said:

Bloody amazing, 2% left on the phone but this are the boys going down the race at the end with the cup. https://instagram.com/p/CUPv8qtgXfE/

Best use of your last 2% battery charge ever. 😁

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Holy forken sheet.
The Demons just won the forking flag.
And what a way to do it.
Got concerned when Bontempelli got off the chain but then for the midfield to respond like they had me roaring.
And then to kick back and watch party time.
Just surreal.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Since I wrote “game over” in the match day thread we kicked 17 goals to one.

I clearly could see what was about to happen.

I can’t believe it, I just can’t believe it.

Love to you all.

Mate agree on one arm was the heart lung machine and on the other.. tge Scotch and coke machine....

IVE JUST REMOVED THE HEART LUNG

GAWD IM SO WRAPPED ... FOR PLAYERS FAMILIES AND ALL ON DEMONLAND🤩😍🥰😇

• Like 5

A huge shout out to Jayden H, Jonesy, Milkshake, the Weed, Neville J, Majak and all of the others on the list who maintained such strong pressure on all on the  field to justify holding their possie - fair dinkum, this flag would not be flying if not for you.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Crompton's the man said:

For me a special mention of the daring coaching tactic of handballing forward into danger trusting in the ability of the attacking player to carry forward the contest whereas for so many years the convention has been to handball backwards 

We've done it all year. The decoy "leads" short and backwards, and then we attack and kick it forward, trusting our boys to win the contest. And by God they did! Over and over!

Great coaching, great trust, great teamwork, great team, great club. GO DEMONS!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

Dad and me have done nothing but hug and cry. Seriously this is one of the most emotional moments of my life. Thank you so much demons. Will never ever forget what you did for us today. 
I’ll never have kids and doubt I’ll marry, so this is the best moment of my life. And to enjoy my brothers joy together on Skype. Unbelievable.

More than happy to wear sailor moon buns for a week at work. Don’t worry expect photos btw. 😉

I beg your pardon, WHAT? 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.