GAMEDAY: Rd 20 v Gold Coast Part 2

2 hours ago, Kent said:

GC are 15th for Gods sake 

Shouldnt be a worry for us

Sit back relax and watch the wonderfull Dees and celebrate hard

Says the bloke with money on the Suns ?

After reading this /flight-va9009-the-untold-story-of-melbourne-s-round-20-adventure where we spent about 8 hours on the plane/tarmac and watching this video with Max sounding flat and talking of them being tired https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/990801/rd-20-dees-on-a-plane?videoId=990801&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1627717521001  makes me less optimistic about today. 

Still think we will win but was hoping for a really convincing win.  Hopefully, the shock move south for GCS affects them more.  

• Like 3

I really hope we slap the Suns up today because we desperately need momentum going into the Eagles game. 

While the shenanigans yesterday would have been hugely disruptive I think they would have benefited from the team bonding experience. 

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Says the bloke with money on the Suns ?

Yes Dub   $5 is too juicy for me! Still trying to get my Hawthorn money back

• Like 1

Despite missing out on being at yesterday’s game on the Goldy, I’ll make up for it today. I just fired up the BBQ in my Demons polo and a pair of shorts for a brunch before the game. 27 degrees and cloudless in beautiful Bris Vegas today!  Already on the CC’s.

Go Dees! [censored] this rabble! BBB to kick 6!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A part of me would just love to sit back and enjoy a good drubbing of the Suns today. Talent on paper says so.

The other part knows deep down that I'll once again sit through a game knowing we've kicked 7.13 to 3 quarter time and we're 4 points up heading into the last quarter.....

Please be option 1.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

On the club website in the story about yesterday there is a photo with Majak in it. He is not a named emergency - does anyone have any idea why he was on the plane?

Because the plan was to go to GC then Perth the club took a larger squad with them just in case.

Few other players went as well. Pretty sure Weid, vandenBerg, Melksham, Jordon, Hibberd, Majak and maybe more went.

If the hawks, adelaide, collingwood and to a lesser extend kangaroos game is anything to go by this game is a genuine 50/50. 

A shame that a win means means not much to our top 4 hopes as we need other teams to lose to make it most likely. But a loss 100% rules us out unless we beat geelong in geelong.

• Like 1

Chief Health Officers and the puppeteers pulling their vote swinging levers have no idea of the real world. You cam lump the top brass in VicPol. 

They have not lost 1 cent of pay and their power trips are fueling their misplaced ego and burning our once great country to its core,

6 million people or more in lockdown yesterday in NSW and these morons deny the burbs the opportunity to forget the reality of the most miserable time our country has ever known for a couple of hours to stamp a Power Play of No Professional Sport immediately. Its not like the players had been to school or that you could not put strict protocols in place. Surely a no crowd situation would have been enough.

What a bunch of entitled short sighted dogs. 

I also put Morrison in the entitled no idea bracket. Not so much for an ego boosting power trip like the other clowns. But he should not have let the media and whatever loose cannons indoctrinate the community with Anti Vax blood clot rubbish.

Just remember every single one of these puppeteers has not been impacted in any way shape or form like the rest of us. Our country, my friends, is nothing but a sad memory of what were once the golden years. I just wish we knew it was in fact the golden years were upon us.

Now we are just a sad disenfranchised bunch where the lowest common denominator is the majority and lazily accept the constant reaming and are just happy to play on facebook and watch The Bachelor while the uneducated political pigs ruin the joint.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

10 minutes ago, Wizard of Koz said:

Chief Health Officers and the puppeteers pulling their vote swinging levers have no idea of the real world. You cam lump the top brass in VicPol. 

They have not lost 1 cent of pay and their power trips are fueling their misplaced ego and burning our once great country to its core,

6 million people or more in lockdown yesterday in NSW and these morons deny the burbs the opportunity to forget the reality of the most miserable time our country has ever known for a couple of hours to stamp a Power Play of No Professional Sport immediately. Its not like the players had been to school or that you could not put strict protocols in place. Surely a no crowd situation would have been enough.

What a bunch of entitled short sighted dogs. 

I also put Morrison in the entitled no idea bracket. Not so much for an ego boosting power trip like the other clowns. But he should not have let the media and whatever loose cannons indoctrinate the community with Anti Vax blood clot rubbish.

Just remember every single one of these puppeteers has not been impacted in any way shape or form like the rest of us. Our country, my friends, is nothing but a sad memory of what were once the golden years. I just wish we knew it was in fact the golden years were upon us.

Now we are just a sad disenfranchised bunch where the lowest common denominator is the majority and lazily accept the constant reaming and are just happy to play on facebook and watch The Bachelor while the uneducated political pigs ruin the joint.

Is this in the right thread?

• Like 5

Just saw video of Chappy handing Bowey his Jumper.  Chappy in a moonboot.  Anyone know what happened to him?

I’m watching the Aussies swim for gold because emotionally thinking about this game is too much. 

Edit: Gold! These women know how to deliver under pressure. Please learn Melbourne!

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Jordan the sub. Brayshaw back to the wing and Bowey off the HFF or will they move Hunt forward? Either way I much prefer Brayshaw on the defensive wing

5 hours ago, ProperDee said:

How’s this for double standards???

I just read this on the ABC News website…..

ABC News: Despite 11 Queensland LGAs being plunged into lockdown, the NRL will finish round 20 of the competition in Brisbane today and tomorrow.

The schedule change came just hours after Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said no professional or community sport would be played during lockdown. 

"There will be no football matches," she said at Saturday's media conference announcing the three-day lockdown.

"No community sport, no professional sport for the next three days." 

Money + Local Perochialism = No Covid here... here...no covid!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kumamoto_Ken said:

Wondering whether it will be any more enjoyable watching the Dees if I hold off on a beer till half time?

1 minute ago, Bravo Oskar, Bravo said:

maybe go for the beer and don't watch the first half?

Wise advice.  Drink copiously and quickly KK.  Starting now!!

• Thanks 1