GAMEDAY: Rd 19 vs Western Bulldogs

Hoping for a win, but loss won’t be end of the world.

Between now and end of season, just want to see 3 or more wins, so we finish top 4, and stay injury free. Dogs got lucky winning in 2016 from 7th, played a great final series and were allowed to throw the ball at will!! But odds favour the top 4 and that’s the key!

Covid makes it hard to know where finals will be played, so there might not be any home ground advantage, as could end up interstate.

Demons just start kicking straighter!

Go Demons!!

Edited by D4Life
Meant were not we’re
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Our Achilles heel in the back 50 is when the ball hits the deck. With so many talls up forward, they’d be happy getting the ball to ground then trying to mop it up from there.

So how many talls reduces a teams ability to effective deal with ground balls in your own forward line?

• Like 3

Curious, if we lose tonight, do most posters on here,  interpret it that we are not 'legitimate contenders'?

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Curious, if we lose tonight, do most posters on here,  interpret it that we are not 'legitimate contenders'?

In my view we are yet to be so considered  but win tonight I may begin to believe

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Hate to be a wet blanket but I reckon we’ll lose tonight. Beveridge and his coaches will outsmart us this second time around. 

Understand where your coming from but when our backs are to the wall we bring our best.

And our best can and has beaten who we need to including the fury team with paws.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Putting in a good performance but losing a close one tonight could be more beneficial come finals should we meet the Dogs, than winning. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 3

4 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Depends how we lose. A close fought game that we come up short? Or being outclassed on the more spacious MCG?

Either way it won't necessarily mean we're shot for the year but you could definitely be excused for having doubts if the Dogs completely outplay us.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Trick question? Some think that anyway...

I dont know really.....as a few have already said it depends how we lose. If its less than 20 points its not the end of the world. I think injuries is more important at this stage. We have done so well in this department it bodes well for us as we approach September.

11 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Not neccesarily but certainly puts a dint in a top 4 finish and if so I reckon we will struggle. Games vs Brisvegas and Moggies are going to be tough

• Like 1

Feeling bullish about tonight but this will determine our fate in a sense.  Win this,  the belief we have built with in will be solidified and those lapses against lesser teams will decrease significantly. Lose and we become unsure and second guess our selves, which will hurt us come finals. 

Dees by any margin ?

Hope all of us are breaking out the Moët and blue cheese platter by half time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

So how many talls reduces a teams ability to effective deal with ground balls in your own forward line?

Well that depends on if our backs don’t all go up for the same ball. Makes it a hell of a lot easier if we have a few players ready for the ground ball, as opposed to going to ground in a big pack, leaving an easy pick up and goal for the oppositions forwards.

• Like 1

Should be a good close game. I reckon the Dogs will get up. Our form has been average in the past 2months despite beating some good teams 

2 wins from our last 6 games. We need to turn out form around quick

Edited by DubDee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Trick question? Some think that anyway...

I dont know really.....as a few have already said it depends how we lose. If its less than 20 points its not the end of the world. I think injuries is more important at this stage. We have done so well in this department it bodes well for us as we approach September.

I think we really do have win tonight. Yes we have beaten them before but since cwood loss we have been all over the place.

Nothing but a sure footed win is required and i believe we will.

Edited by leave it to deever

I have no doubt bevo has gone back to when we started so well last time and reviewed it heavily. That game against the dogs was probably our most perfect game. We just started perfectly and never let the dogs in it. 

I have no clue what will happen tonight. But I hope we win and go 6 points clear on top. 

• Like 1

Goody and brains trust to coach well tonight but to maintain a psychological advantage over these mongrels.

Most importantly not to reveal any new methods or systems that may not have been seen previously.

Play BBB into some forms won't go astray either.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

It’s unacceptable to give up a 26 point lead against the second bottom team.

For me this was the real frustration of that game.

Shouldn't have mattered we were a bit flat, a near 5 goal lead at the end of the first q and again halfway through the second, should not have been squandered.

Really should have further ahead at the end of the first too.

• Like 5

I had a dream that we kicked 87 goals and 21 points which equates to 543. The odd thing was that in my dream I saw the scoreboard and that’s exactly what it said, 87 goals 21 points: 543. Apparently I’m a maths wizard but only in my sleep. Anyway, I think we’ll actually win this one easily. Bulldogs hero Ugly-Hogan to be held to just the one possession. Brown will kick 52 of the 87 goals. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 9

48 minutes ago, Ethan Trembley said:

I had a dream that we kicked 87 goals and 21 points which equates to 543. The odd thing was that in my dream I saw the scoreboard and that’s exactly what it said, 87 goals 21 points: 543. Apparently I’m a maths wizard but only in my sleep. Anyway, I think we’ll actually win this one easily. Bulldogs hero Ugly-Hogan to be held to just the one possession. Brown will kick 52 of the 87 goals. 

Sure but who will kick the first goal. Thinking of putting a bet on. Is it Brown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

It's an interesting psychological study to see some supporters almost hoping we lose purely to buck the trend of us beating good teams and losing to poor ones...

I definitely don’t want us to lose. But I also don’t think that if we lose a close hard fought game it’s the end of the world. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, loges said:

Bring the tackling and hardness at the ball and we will be OK.

It’s all mindset. Has been all year.

Last weeks game shows we need to be engaged in the contest for its entirety. It’s all in the head Dees.

• Like 3