TEAMS: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Demonland

10 minutes ago, Smokey said:

BBB might end up a rare flop from our recruiting department at this rate ... 

I don't rate him that highly anyway, much rather more game time into Weideman 

He's  11 games into his 4 year contract..

How about we hold off on the "flop" comments for now hey?

Ample of time to make huge contribution still.  Reckon we'll see him in the 2nd half of the year back to some good form.

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Ample of time to make huge contribution still.  Reckon we'll see him in the 2nd half of the year back to some good form.

I don't think he'll ever fully recover from the knee issues, ergo he may end up being a flop. I don't think that's a controversial position to take. 

• Like 1

I believe the selectors have decided Weid and BB can't play in the same side so M. Brown becomes emegency in case TMac can't play. Case of better mobility.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, loges said:

I believe the selectors have decided Weid and BB can't play in the same side so M. Brown becomes emegency in case TMac can't play. Case of better mobility.

Love Mitch Brown

Always does his job unspectacularly

• Like 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, OhMyDees said:

No disrespect to M.Brown, but I can’t understand why B.Brown can’t get into this team. Has to be match fitness or his knee. 

If we traded for B.Brown knowing full well he couldn’t fit into our forward line or into how we play then we were really stupid. You won’t find another team this year with a 60 goal a year forward who can’t get a game.

Weideman does not deserve another game. I’d much rather have M.Brown in than Sam. He’s at least capable of taking a contested mark.

We traded for him expecting Tom McDonald to be gone or in the 2s. Not sure where you’ve been hiding if you don’t know that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Info I have and don't ask for sorce as its third hand. is BBB has been having a six week preseason as the club wasn't totally happy with core strength and repeat running efforts when he came into team. He will be ready to have another crack after the bye

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

But he didn't though.. Goodwin has already confirmed this via an interview that he wasn't given any specific role and he was simply just had a quiet game.

Hopefully he's dropped for Langdon.

Keep in mind that all coaches lie in public interviews. It may be that Melksham had a specific role that Goodwin doesn't want to discuss. However, if Goodwin was telling the truth I'd be most surprised if Melksham is in the starting 22 this week.

12 minutes ago, Parmalove said:

Info I have and don't ask for sorce as its third hand. is BBB has been having a six week preseason as the club wasn't totally happy with core strength and repeat running efforts when he came into team. He will be ready to have another crack after the bye

Makes sense. 

16 minutes ago, Parmalove said:

The O Mac mini pre-season of 2019.

Makes a lot of sense, it’s not as though we are struggling to score or desperate to fill spots at the moment.

Edited by Dee Zephyr

21 minutes ago, Parmalove said:

Looked a bit under done when he came in to me. I expect to see him for a block of games after the bye and build nicely into a solid season and run to the finals. When he is ready and in form there will be room for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

And Weid is out of contract. He may leave. How would our fwd line look then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parmalove said:

Yeh not the worst idea, I mean other players have had lots of Burgo experience both during last season and the off season, BBB a year behind some of them and also missed time off with knee injury.

The way we are running out games, I am happy to trust the Football Department when it comes to fitness/sports performance. 

Once his fitness reaches the next level i have no doubt he will explode. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

This is the important part. In this scenario, suddenly our key forwards are all very old and toward the end of their careers. Doesn't bode well for our premiership window to last 5 years instead of 2 

2 minutes ago, Smokey said:

This is the important part. In this scenario, suddenly our key forwards are all very old and toward the end of their careers. Doesn't bode well for our premiership window to last 5 years instead of 2 

Hogan is out of contract at years end, I believe... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Love Mitch Brown

Always does his job unspectacularly

Under utilised in OO too. Meanwhile the ‘Ugly Step Sisters’ get all the DL column space. Post ‘her’ brief but spectacular  appearance at the Hawthorn Ball, Cinderella (MB) patiently awaits for Prince Charming (Goody) to get the second tall forward position ?properly  fitted. Hopefully the horse and carriage doesn’t’ turn into a ?.

Edited by Tarax Club
Do fairy tales come true?
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Parmalove said:

Would make a lot of sense. Get him cherry ripe for the business end of the season like barassi did with snake baker at the roos 

It would also have the added benefit of being able to say to weed, you will be played for the next block of games, relax and go for it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Parmalove said:

This aligns with what i thought.  He had agility and speed off the mark issues.  A six week mini program sounds a great way to sort this

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Parmalove said:

Nothing like third hand source, you know I got told by someone who knows someone who got told by  this other bloke.

4 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Honestly, it wouldn't look much different if he doesn't start to improve.

• Like 1