WELCOME TO DEMONLAND: KYE DECLASE

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

I am guilty of judging from the highlights but even reading between the lines of JT’s comments, he’s been flashy but inconsistent so far in his VFL career.

I like the upside and who knows what he can be with some time in the system. I’m just not convinced he’s the right type to bring in mid year. It’s really hard to come in to a club mid season, adapt to full time footy, learn a new system and then perform if you get a chance. 

That’s an argument against bringing anyone in. This is circumspective depth in the event of a disaster or a miracle. 

I wouldn’t let it furrow your brow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingDingAling said:

Looks a winger to my eye. Has plenty of pace and willingness to take the game on, looks a nice kick. 

Yup.    Kye... Positive Lingers Negative Winger!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I am guilty of judging from the highlights but even reading between the lines of JT’s comments, he’s been flashy but inconsistent so far in his VFL career.

I like the upside and who knows what he can be with some time in the system. I’m just not convinced he’s the right type to bring in mid year. It’s really hard to come in to a club mid season, adapt to full time footy, learn a new system and then perform if you get a chance. 

Mature aged Utility who provides cover in multiple positions, I would of thought that is exactly the type of player to be taken in a mid season draft

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulo said:

Mature aged Utility who provides cover in multiple positions, I would of thought that is exactly the type of player to be taken in a mid season draft

Exactly. You're hardly going to pick up a Steve Silvagni in the mid-season draft. Brutal reality is if these guys were 'that good they'd have already been on an AFL list. They come to the club as the 37th & 38th player on the list and now have to work their backsides off. The list is in good shape, the coaching brigade and development brigade is as good as its ever been and the club is up & about. Let's back them in. 

• Like 6

I have seen this guy play this year for Werribee, seems to play mainly on the wing good size runs hard. Can kick it, one of those players where the ball seems to jump of his boot with no real effort.  Will slot nicely into Casey and may push for selection if we are hit with some injuries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I don't really see it with this pick.

Clearly a talented player who's doing well at VFL level, but he looks flashy and outside, rather than the type of player who can step in as depth.

If we're to get a key defensive injury we don't need a skilled player to step in, we need someone who can contest and do a defensive job.

A former local footy forward who plays as a utility tall doesn't really fit the bill to me.

It doesn't need to fit the bill with you, I would trust Taylor's opinion first I reckon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon Dude said:

he looks like a handy enough utility type that could fill a couple of roles if required. probably make an alright replacement for Vandenberg who is another one who is just about done and needs replacing on the list.

Sadly Vanders is cooked but may play in a Casey flag if VFL ever resume! 

6 hours ago, drdrake said:

I have seen this guy play this year for Werribee, seems to play mainly on the wing good size runs hard. Can kick it, one of those players where the ball seems to jump of his boot with no real effort.  Will slot nicely into Casey and may push for selection if we are hit with some injuries.

14 minutes ago, 58er said:

Sadly Vanders is cooked but may play in a Casey flag if VFL ever resume! 

This guy kicks beautifully . May just need the much harder work he will be obliged to undertake, to become a pretty good player

Goodie’s comments regarding Kye:

"There's no doubt Kye has played for Werribee and is ready to play AFL footy if his form warrants it," Goodwin said.

"(Melbourne head of development) Mark Williams has obviously coached Kye (at Werribee) and has a high regard for his ability to play certain positions, but also his ability to develop and I think that's what we wanted to get.

"He's got the habits that would drive an AFL career and, at 24 years of age, he's still got a lot of learning and growth in him. 'Choco' was aware of that and thinks he's got some really good AFL qualities.

"Our recruiters continued to do the work over the last 12 weeks around Kye and they've been incredibly impressed with what he's been able to produce with Werribee."

Edited by Maverick_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His Werribee coach Michael Barlow has his say on Declase.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/03/the-sarcastic-text-barlow-received-after-demons-took-mr-fix-it-declase/

Honestly just sounds like a Cameron Bruce type who Neale Daniher use to just through around when needed.

Hopefully he doesn't kick hospital passes to teammates under pressure ?

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There’s talk of our need for back line cover but I get the feeling he’ll start at Casey on the wing. Along with drafting Rosman it seems pretty clear the type of player Goody wants on the wing. Or at least opposite Langdon. The height to intercept mark and support the backline with attacking traits the other way. I’m not expecting too much this year especially if the VFL season is further disjointed but if he settles well at Casey he might get a chance. He could certainly be an interesting sub choice. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

10 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Anyone heard what's happening with him ?

I was very impressed with the small bits I saw of him at Casey. Had pace, clean ball use & good disposal.

I'll be surprised if we don't keep him on the list.

Yes echo your thoughts. But given tighter list numbers, he is most likely to be delisted. Disappointing as he looked very good and had AFL ready skills and strength.  

On 10/14/2021 at 10:47 AM, Cranky Franky said:

Anyone heard what's happening with him ?

I was very impressed with the small bits I saw of him at Casey. Had pace, clean ball use & good disposal.

I'll be surprised if we don't keep him on the list.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Only a few list spots left to confirm and we may want to draft in someone in his stead.