VOTES: Rd 02 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

6. Clayton Oliver....Runs his absolute guts out all day and is adding layers to his game by taking responsibility and care with disposals, could win Brownlow if he continues on this path.

5. Christian Salem....Have not seen him play a more influencial game, showed urgency and was constantly breaking lines.  Been pretty harsh on Salem at times for cruising and not doing enough for the talent he has.  Many more games like this please, we become a much better team with him playing at such a level.

4. Adam Tomlinson...Has been an absolute rock down back, can play on bigs or smalls and just seems to be doing the right thing so often.  I breathe easier when he is in the vicinity.

3. Kysaiah Pickett....His best game by far.  Every time he gets near the ball you can sense that anything is about to happen.  Has so much x-factor about him he is going to be a ridiculously good player.  i got the feeling Pickett/Spargo are feeding off this thing called pressure and they love to create it.   They both are so exciting atm!

2. Ed Langdon....Just another game for him, but he just works so hard and consistently creates options.  Love him as a player, he is getting better too!

1. Christian Petracca....Not overly his night, he fluffed so many opportunities!  He worked so hard in the 2nd half to exert his influence around the stoppages, and turned an average game, into a good one in the end.  He just needs to play his role, stop trying to do too much at times and play the percentages a little more.

Host of players unlucky to get votes but pretty damn proud of just the overall effort from the whole team.   Hard to pick any passengers from that game.  Hunt/Brayshaw perhaps the least influencial but both played their roles really well.   Guys like Melksham/Hibberd/Dawes are really going to have to bash the door down to get a look in.  FInally players have to earn their spots. Bodes well for our future!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Clarrie is no stranger to the lead in this particular competition -

27. Clayton Oliver 

18. Steven May 

17. Christian Petracca 

16. Jake Lever 

13. Christian Salem 

10. Max Gawn 

8. Ed Langdon

7. Tom McDonald 

6. Kysiah Pickett 

2. Charlie Spargo

1. James Jordon Adam Tomlinson

• Like 2

How so many can have Pickett out of the votes astounds me. His influence over the game was immense. We desperately lack speed class and pressure up forward. 

If he can get 17+ touches most games we are in for a great year

• Like 1

6. Salem

5. Oliver

4. Petracca

3. Tomlinson

2. Pickett

1. Jones

Honourable mention to the entire small forward brigade - Spargo, ANB et al. - before this season, I thought that our success would hinge on our forward pressure. Round 1 showed we might be able to win in other ways but round two belonged to our small forwards whose pressure was off the charts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swooper1987 said:

Coaches Votes:

9 Salem

9 Oliver

5 Gawn

3 Pickett

2 Petracca

1 Steele

1 Tomlinson

Only Salem, Oliver and Gawn received votes from both coaches. 

Surprise Steele only got 1 vote between both coaches. He impresses me as a player.

Well done to Salem for getting the 5 from one of the coaches.

That spread of votes (mostly comprising Dees players) is more reflective of a 7+ goal win.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DubDee said:

How so many can have Pickett out of the votes astounds me. His influence over the game was immense. We desperately lack speed class and pressure up forward. 

If he can get 17+ touches most games we are in for a great year

I didn't get around to voting, but if votes were being given for excitement value, he would have got my top votes. But for actual performance, I can understand why he wasn't in everyone's votes. The wide spread of names in the votes shows how even the perfromance was across the board. Pickett missing out is no insult to his performance.

For what it's worth my votes would be:

6. Oliver

5. Salem

4. Gawn

3. Petracca

2. McDonald

1. May

1 hour ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I didn't get around to voting, but if votes were being given for excitement value, he would have got my top votes. But for actual performance, I can understand why he wasn't in everyone's votes. The wide spread of names in the votes shows how even the perfromance was across the board. Pickett missing out is no insult to his performance.

For what it's worth my votes would be:

6. Oliver

5. Salem

4. Gawn

3. Petracca

2. McDonald

1. May

fair enough, I guess we all see if differently. As evidenced by one coach giving him 3 votes and the other none!

• Like 1

6. Clarry - Oh boy...what more can you say!

5. Salem - Busboy of the MFC

4. May - Stonewall

3. ANB - The everywhere man.  Gets to the right spots so often and often the first link receiver (distributor) around congestion.  Appeared to be on Jones or near him much of the time.  Got the ball often enough to keep him quiet.  Pressure and run first rate.  Presented well for many link up plays both marking and score involvements on the night.  A few clangers but one of his more productive effective games for the club IMV.

2. Tracc - Lots of possessions. Many of them extracted under heavy pressure / traffic and difficulty.  Lots of wasteful disposals though including reckless shots / bombs at goal.  Rolls out onto his right automatically far too often for my liking without assessing first.  On Sat this often saw him facing no clear target/s to kick to and he then dumped it to no man's land for nil advantage, a rushed behind or the turnover/rebound.  Mixed amongst that was some great running and evasive work to present and mark on the lead.  Fix some of the flaws he could end up as one of the greats and just maybe win a Chas.

1.  Kozzie, Kozzie Kozzie! - 19 years of age in only his 16th match and we see a glimpse of an emerging star of the comp.  Lots of work to do but Kozzie ain't waiting.  He's obviously decided now is as good a time as any to say "HELLO" to the AFL comp.  That was electric and can't say i've seen anything like it in a small package at Demonland since the Wiz hit the seen in 95/96.  I still recall the mark over Gazza against the Tigers at the G.  That was billed as a big day for the Tigers with a huge build up from them aiming for a win or small loss to make finals (a bit like our final round disaster against the Pies in 2017) and we came out and walloped them with the Wiz flying like a bird over the pack to take that screamer.  For those not old enough to recall...

This is the sort of stuff that can turn a club's fortunes right around and drag a stack of extra fans through the turnstiles...

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1