POSTGAME: Rd 14 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

Wont be watching that replay?

Again some poor umpiring but alas they couldnt steal it.

So glad that game was played in Nt.

I dont want to rain on that win but we all know there are a few playets that shouldnt be playing.

Nonetheless there is some great talent emmerging in Rivers, Langdon and Trac's star keeps rising. He  used to be a poor shot on goal but kicked true today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Kudos to the Coaching staff we actually stop a run and gun team play on their terms.

But what the phark were we doing in the 2nd quarter.

These run on goals has to stop, 6 in a row last week and 4 in a row tonight, you can't allow this [censored] to happen week in week out.

Would have only been two if it wasn't for Jones.

It's harsh, but regrettably true.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Pates said:

So last week Demonland was happy to sink the boots into Goody and co for the loss against the doggies, so by the same token there needs to be big props given to him for the way we suffocated the Saints ball use. You could see at the end they tried to create to the overlap using Hill but our defence still held firm. I would go so far to say this was one of his best coaching performances, certainly on a defensive front. 

For the players, May was clear BOG. Brad Johnson said for fox footy then that he doesn’t have that game then we do t win and that is spot on. 

Langdon has been the pick up of the year for us, he was very prolific and mostly quite good. 

Petracca’s midfield numbers were low but jeez his goals were huge, if it were at a ground with the goal line camera would his goal stand? Not sure. 

Defensively we did well, but I think by the numbers we might look at this as a game we got away with a bit. We got our early lead and kept the game tight after that. I really thought that last minute of the second quarter was going to bite us. 

But this is a massive win. Against a team that we traditionally seem to lose to, a team higher on the ladder, and an 8 point game. 

Petracca kicking four is what makes him a star.  He might not have had the same influence up the ground, especially with Seb Ross shadowing him, but he was able to make a massive impact inside 50 which helped us win the game.

• Like 10

Steven May had the game of his life He is so composed and the Captain of the back line. He is all Class and was outstanding .

That was almost the Perfect Game. Had a big say in winning and that goes for Petracca what a GUN.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Kudos to the Coaching staff we actually stop a run and gun team play on their terms.

But what the phark were we doing in the 2nd quarter.

These run on goals has to stop, 6 in a row last week and 4 in a row tonight, you can't allow this [censored] to happen week in week out.

Nathan Jones can be blamed for that and the momentum shift, as well as the onballers seemingly incapable of a defensive setup at centre bounces late in quarters.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CYB said:

I agree. Wagner stays and we roll Harmes into the forward line / midfield. Give Kozzy a spell. He has been quite poor lately. 

Rivers stays. Fritsch our for Hannan. AVB our but for who? Tmac for Brown.

Bennell?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Stewster said:

Called it before we marked it, only because we went backwards. Convinced the umps are under instruction about kicking backwards late in quarters.

Under instructions to try to set up results 

22 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Also, for all those worried about match ups and so froth:

The recruit of the season, Dan Butler, didn't hit the scoreboard and had minimal impact.  What an effort from the back line as a whole.

Was Salem on him? If so gave him an absolute footy lesson

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Pates said:

So last week Demonland was happy to sink the boots into Goody and co for the loss against the doggies, so by the same token there needs to be big props given to him for the way we suffocated the Saints ball use. You could see at the end they tried to create to the overlap using Hill but our defence still held firm. I would go so far to say this was one of his best coaching performances, certainly on a defensive front. 

For the players, May was clear BOG. Brad Johnson said for fox footy then that he doesn’t have that game then we do t win and that is spot on. 

Langdon has been the pick up of the year for us, he was very prolific and mostly quite good. 

Petracca’s midfield numbers were low but jeez his goals were huge, if it were at a ground with the goal line camera would his goal stand? Not sure. 

Defensively we did well, but I think by the numbers we might look at this as a game we got away with a bit. We got our early lead and kept the game tight after that. I really thought that last minute of the second quarter was going to bite us. 

But this is a massive win. Against a team that we traditionally seem to lose to, a team higher on the ladder, and an 8 point game. 

To be fair Pates, if May has 5 fewer decisive touches down back, we lose. I wouldn’t go overboard on Goody out coaching them. 

I’m not a Goody basher but setting up a plan and 2 blokes winning you the game isn’t a coaching master stroke for mine but very happy with that win. 

• Like 3

I almost felt we didn’t deserve to win given we had so many players with such little impact. BUT Trac sinking the Saints given they overlooked him at 1, and an article was written about it today in the HSun, has so much synergy to it ?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Petracca kicking four is what makes him a star.  He might not have had the same influence up the ground, especially with Seb Ross shadowing him, but he was able to make a massive impact inside 50 which helped us win the game.

Oh no 100% not knocking him, he was huge tonight. If he’s kicking 4 goals then I’m not expecting him to get huge midfield numbers but of course it means other players (Gus, Brayshaw, Clarry) need to step up. 

• Like 2

Must say I liked the game Omac played. The tempo style played on our terms suits him. Slows it down, less chaos. He struggles when it's fast footy and is caught out. But with May and Lever dominating, Omac looks strong as a 3rd tall. Good foot skills, generally goes with the best % kick. He might just be a late(ish) bloomer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1