GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Port Adelaide

5 minutes ago, Pates said:

We are getting nothing from the umps, our players getting clearly held onto but it gets completely ignored, they get a shot on goal from it.

It might be my bias but I don’t remember the last time Oliver wasn’t held a a stoppage

• Like 1

This kickouts to Gawn, so stupid and one of the reasons we suck. Yes he might mark it. But who wants their Ruckman with the ball 55m out from your defensive goal, it's so predictable the next kick will go down the line. Finally changed it up before the siren and we look dangerous.

• Like 2

Just now, Clintosaurus said:

Umps know what they are doing. Clear direction from Head Office.

Cant blame umps  we are just turnover kings, our half forwards playing from behind.

3 minutes ago, Pates said:

We are getting nothing from the umps, our players getting clearly held onto but it gets completely ignored, they get a shot on goal from it.

This is happening to us every week due to our tap dominance. Around the clearances the other clubs are just clinging on to our midfielders and then breaking into space when we turn it over. Need to change our system around the ball to find more seperation.

• Like 1

Just now, cookieboc said:

I will never bemoan the fact we are never on FTA again. tonight is the exact reason why we are not on FTA. Im going to watch house hunters international instead.

Solid tv right there. Beachfront bargains too but mountain living the highlight for me

We better not make some half arsed comeback while Port take their foot off the pedal only to lose by a handful of goals and be told by Goodwin it was a good learning experience and we take a lot from that game. Get absolutely [censored]. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cookieboc said:

I will never bemoan the fact we are never on FTA again. tonight is the exact reason why we are not on FTA. Im going to watch house hunters international instead.

In Alaska? As far away from AFL as possible would suit me at the moment.

Coach killer.

Seen a few one on one contests and the next three to four players arriving in support have all been from Port. Either the club erred in thinking we could recover and perform off a 4-day turn-around or we are mentally weak as p*** with no work rate and gave up half way through the first quarter. Also doesn't help that our decision making and execution has been disgraceful. 

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 26

PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 325

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

ALAS SPRINGS by Whispering Jack

I got the word on Saturday from someone who knows someone inside the Fremantle camp that the Dockers were pumped and supremely confident about getting the W the next day against Melbourne at TIO Traeger Park in the red heart of the country. I was informed that the Dockers were extremely confident for a number of reasons. They had beaten the Demons on their home territory at the MCG at their last two meetings so they didn’t see beating them at Alice Springs as a problem. They belie

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demons head back to Melbourne after an embarrassing loss to the Dockers to take on the Magpies at the MCG on Kings Birthday. With a calf injury to Lachie Hunter and Jacob van Rooyen possibly returning from injury who comes in and who goes out?  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 502
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!