CHANGES: Rd 09 vs Port Adelaide

titan_uranus

It is going to be an interesting selection.  Changed opinion since last night

Jetta has always been slow but was able to use his body and read the ball just seems to be a mile off at the moment.  

Bennell or Pickett(it might be Pickett to pay in Adelaide the following week)will miss, we want both cherry ripe for North and Collingwood.  Our last 6 games are all winnable games V dogs, Freo, Essendon, St Kilda, Sydney, GWS we need to hopefully come out of the current 5 game block with 3 wins leaving as at 6 wins then win 4 out of our last 6.

One off Brayshaw or Harmes will be dropped.

Still think Tmac comes in and we play 3 talls.

Out Jetta, Pickett, Brayshaw

In Tmac, Sparrow, Tomlinson

Give Harmes a job on Robbie Gray, Harmes needs a job it keeps him focused and the good players lead him to the ball, I reckon he gets lost trying to find the right spot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm a fan of fitting in all three of Weideman, Jackson and McDonald into our forward line. 

Agree, I think Tmac has to come in, either as another forward or on a wing drifting forward. Clurey and Jonas are both big boys and may start rag dolling Weid and Jacko. We'll need him there as another option. 

52 minutes ago, deanox said:

Crazy post binman.

Cameron is very quick and was on the burst the fact that Oliver stayed with him and perhaps even gained a bit on him was evidence of his pace. 

For context, see these screen shots of top speed and distance run yesterday. 

Screenshot_20200727-103057_AFL.jpg

Screenshot_20200727-103120_AFL.jpg

Good post. I stand corrected.

Was really doing a bit gentle trolling to troll the good doctor, who seems to enjoy trolling! And i got a bite!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Will be unpopular to many here but unless its a fitness thing Brayshaw won't be dropped. It's a case of how much the coaching staff believe in him which I guess can be seen two different ways.

Out: Harmes 

In: Tomlinson

I could see one of the forwards like Bennel or Kozzy getting a spell for ANB too

We were close but sloppy and I think the call for heads is somewhat reactive. Jackson gives us a different dimension down forward and always tries to follow up. Weid had a mare but was doing the right things and wont repeat his kicking performance (not on his own) we need to show some faith in him now. Jetts (who is one of my faves) will be rested, bad night at the office. 

We should have beaten the flag favourite so we show the faith in this combo and fix the little things. Only changes Rivers for Jetts and possibly Tmac for a forward, but who is the question.   No ANB for mine just doesn't offer anymore than the alternatives. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grimes Times said:

Jetta dropped?

I must have missed the the 6 goals that Cameron kicked??

Nup.

But you might have missed his first which was result of Jetta having no confidence picking the ball up off the ground and instead of doing so gifting a goal by kicking it out of bounds deliberately.

Perhaps he was trying go for a point but that may still have been a free against. it goes without saying that the play was to pick it up, absorb the tackle an either lock it in or give it to the free player next to him. Something he would have 999 times out 1000 in his career. 

You don't drop a player for the one mistake of course, but as much as i love Jetts but he is off the pace at the moment and is the weakest link in our back six. 

I expect he'll be dropped and would not be surprised if he doesn't get another shot at it this year. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grimes Times said:

Jetta dropped?

I must have missed the the 6 goals that Cameron kicked??

I feel like Nev is going to ground or searching for frees. He doesnt have the confidence in his pace, it happens to a lot of older players. He still has strengths but its his weakness's now that are hurting.

2 hours ago, drdrake said:

It is going to be an interesting selection.  Changed opinion since last night

Jetta has always been slow but was able to use his body and read the ball just seems to be a mile off at the moment.  

Bennell or Pickett(it might be Pickett to pay in Adelaide the following week)will miss, we want both cherry ripe for North and Collingwood.  Our last 6 games are all winnable games V dogs, Freo, Essendon, St Kilda, Sydney, GWS we need to hopefully come out of the current 5 game block with 3 wins leaving as at 6 wins then win 4 out of our last 6.

One off Brayshaw or Harmes will be dropped.

Still think Tmac comes in and we play 3 talls.

Out Jetta, Pickett, Brayshaw

In Tmac, Sparrow, Tomlinson

Give Harmes a job on Robbie Gray, Harmes needs a job it keeps him focused and the good players lead him to the ball, I reckon he gets lost trying to find the right spot.

Tmac's conversion rate alone gets him in on Thurs night.

16 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Jones gets another week.  I still think the game is passing him by but he did okay.

I think Jetta needs a spell.  Give Rivers another crack.

I'd also not be against Gus getting dropped for Tomlinson.

Also, I hope they stick with Jackson and Weideman.  Outside of the dodgy kicking for goal from Weid, both are doing a good job right now.  They deserve to keep their spots.

As much as I am really liking what he is showing, I can see Jackson being rested this week against Port and the more experienced TMac coming in as his replacement.  I think Jetta will be rested as well considering he suffered two knocks to his head, so in come Rivers, and I can see Tomlinson coming in and Brayshaw being given a week off.

7 minutes ago, binman said:

Nup.

But you might have missed his first which was result of Jetta having no confidence picking the ball up off the ground and instead of doing so gifting a goal by kicking it out of bounds deliberately.

Perhaps he was trying go for a point but that may still have been a free against. it goes without saying that the play was to pick it up, absorb the tackle an either lock it in or give it to the free player next to him. Something he would have 999 times out 1000 in his career. 

You don't drop a player for the one mistake of course, but as much as i love Jetts but he is off the pace at the moment and is the weakest link in our back six. 

I expect he'll be dropped and would not be surprised if he doesn't get another shot at it this year. 

I thought the kick off the ground was the right play. He was clearly in my eyes trying to kick it to Langdon.  It didnt come off.

He might be dropped but he was the first choice to play on there most dangerous forward and match winner who apart from that goal was only sighted one other time.

• Like 1

Will be near on impossible picking ins n outs. We play Port in 3 days from now and some blokes will simply struggle to get up after a solid hit out in the wet.

I doubt we'll risk Bennell and Jetta had 2 big head knocks so you'd think will be doubtful.

Rivers and Tomlinson to come in but I also expect someone else will come out for TMac. 

We are far from out of the race, I expect we will win the next 3.

Edited by Hell Bent
Added last line
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbie57 said:

We were close but sloppy and I think the call for heads is somewhat reactive. Jackson gives us a different dimension down forward and always tries to follow up. Weid had a mare but was doing the right things and wont repeat his kicking performance (not on his own) we need to show some faith in him now. Jetts (who is one of my faves) will be rested, bad night at the office. 

We should have beaten the flag favourite so we show the faith in this combo and fix the little things. Only changes Rivers for Jetts and possibly Tmac for a forward, but who is the question.   No ANB for mine just doesn't offer anymore than the alternatives. 

That was probably the best 22 we could put out. AVB v Jones is debatable.

Sure it can be tweaked but there's no must haves on the sidelines.

A pity we have Port next week but at least they are the ones doing (I presume) the one day travel stint.

Happy to leave this one to the selectors as we have such little insight into how they are going.

On Jetta one should remember that his form on return in 2019 was not great so perhaps we are seeing the end.

Those calling for Tomlinson his finals form last year was not great either.

7 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Wylie Buzza to come in and kick 5 

That will be Wylie 'Kent Kingsley' Buzza to you. ;)

39 minutes ago, hardtack said:

As much as I am really liking what he is showing, I can see Jackson being rested this week against Port and the more experienced TMac coming in as his replacement.  I think Jetta will be rested as well considering he suffered two knocks to his head, so in come Rivers, and I can see Tomlinson coming in and Brayshaw being given a week off.

I hope they don't rest him, as he is in very good form, but would understand somewhat if they went that way.  No need to run the kid into the ground and he is playing on some key position players who will wear him down.  I'd like to see him get at least another week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

That will be Wylie 'Kent Kingsley' Buzza to you. ;)

I hope they don't rest him, as he is in very good form, but would understand somewhat if they went that way.  No need to run the kid into the ground and he is playing on some key position players who will wear him down.  I'd like to see him get at least another week.

Being a 19 yo i recon he could have played again today.

15 hours ago, picket fence said:

Goodwin needs to be held accountable for this!

Goodloss won't drop Brayshaw Pickett, not in my opinion anyway. The reason Gus has been playing on the wings is his lack of accountability, so I can't see why Goodloss doesn't inject Harmes into the guts as he has a history of being a good 'stopper'.....

3 hours ago, Grimes Times said:

I thought the kick off the ground was the right play. He was clearly in my eyes trying to kick it to Langdon.  It didnt come off.

He might be dropped but he was the first choice to play on there most dangerous forward and match winner who apart from that goal was only sighted one other time.

We obviously see that one differently. Happy to agree to disagree on that one

For mine,  no way was kicking it off the ground the right play. Very low percentage and high risk for almost no reward. Particularly because if he had picked it up he could have still got it to Langdon. And also would have the choice to milk a free, force a ball up or hit it through for a point. As it was he cost us a goal. 

On Cameron you right he was pretty quiet up til then (though it is worth noting that by games end he was their leading scorer with 2.2) but it has to be said jetts spent a fair bit of time off the ground in the first half.

And it was instructive that immediately after the choice not to pick it up and gifting Cameron a goal they moved him off him and put Hibberd on him. And i don't think he played on him again for the rest of the match.

Given that goal was in the first half (i think?) Jetts didn't actually spend that much time on Cameron.

Edited by binman
  • Like 1