• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training Ground?

Romey

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

joe daniher drives 2+ hours to go from byron bay, where he lives, to brisvegas

Joe Daniher has an apartment in Brisbane.  That’s his main place during the footy season during training blocks.  And periodically goes to Byron Bay.  It’s not 2+ hrs every day to training. It’s 25 minutes to Springfield.   And he’s one player, not a team.  

3 hours ago, I'va Worn Smith said:

Our footy club has not had a 'true' home since 1964. Accordingly,  I cannot understand any negativity directed toward this proposal.  Caulfield is a central location, close to public transport and for the first time in a long time, will house both our administrative and football departments in the same facility.

How on earth can that be seen as negative?

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Question.  Is there any club that makes their players drive over an hour to get to training sessions at Cranbourne or sometimes 90 minutes in heavy traffic.  Not sure it’s favourable compared with Cats, Bombers, Pies, Blues training arrangements.  Caulfield would be a perfect location.  Make it happen and like Geelong, made the state government pay for it !!!! 

My question is, once built, will it be competitive with other clubs facilities, would it attract players etc? Also where in the diagram are the club administrative facilities proposed?

26 minutes ago, Rednblueriseing said:

My question is, once built, will it be competitive with other clubs facilities, would it attract players etc? Also where in the diagram are the club administrative facilities proposed?

We’d be the only club that could offer equine pools and water treadmills for recovery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

We’d be the only club that could offer equine pools and water treadmills for recovery.

We could introduce whips and leather saddles, though that might tip BBO over the edge 

• Haha 7

I like the Caulfield proposal.

Easy for staff and players to get from Toorak ,Brighton,Armidale, Malvern and St.Kilda.(Where they live)

Against traffic in the AM.

It's a place with some soul and history-unlike Casey.

It really is our Zone (In the old days) .Robbie Flower from Murrumbeena.

I think this will work.

MCG is not an option Picket-we built this city but it's now a public colloseum.

The filth can have Olympic park-its a dog track so it's fitting.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

6 hours ago, Rednblueriseing said:

The days of Tom Scully touring facilities are over.You play where you sign and you keep away from your team mates sisters and girlfriends.

• Haha 1

I like it. 

I don't see what the big issue is, people have been screaming for a huge home base and yet when we put a proposal forward its still not good enough.

Obviously still a few hoops to jump through but if we can pull this off then what an exciting period for the footy club for the future.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I like the idea of Caufield, my major concern is with Perts "2 campus" idea that he's mentioned a few times, i think the best clubs thrive on unity and when you have 2 facilities it's hard to see how that creates anything other than division 

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I like it. 

I don't see what the big issue is, people have been screaming for a huge home base and yet when we put a proposal forward its still not good enough.

Obviously still a few hoops to jump through but if we can pull this off then what an exciting period for the footy club for the future.

Wow it's great 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

I like the idea of Caufield, my major concern is with Perts "2 campus" idea that he's mentioned a few times, i think the best clubs thrive on unity and when you have 2 facilities it's hard to see how that creates anything other than division 

Quite easy to understand. 

As highlighted in his message, we will not be playing games at Caulfield.  So for the VFL, AFLW, VFLW sides we will still need a ground to play on = Casey. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

We have 4 teams, it's a great idea 2 campus, imagine all four teams sharing the same facility all at once, it'd be no better than where we are at the moment, sharing with all the Melbourne clubs at Ammi Park, where do you want Casey to play and train?  think about it, they have to play at Casey, think before you try and add a negative division comments, it's unfounded, and quite frankly absurd, what's you're  agenda 

6 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Quite easy to understand. 

As highlighted in his message, we will not be playing games at Caulfield.  So for the VFL, AFLW, VFLW sides we will still need a ground to play on = Casey. 

, what does he want us to do leave Casey?

Edited by Demon trucker

Just now, Demon trucker said:

Think about his post, sounds like it's coming from a non Melbourne supporter, what does he want us to do leave Casey?

Oh yeah, i'm a non Melbourne supporter that's been posting on Demonland for just shy of 12 years haha. it's a massive conspiracy because Casey is cold and i don't like it. 

2 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Oh yeah, i'm a non Melbourne supporter that's been posting on Demonland for just shy of 12 years haha. it's a massive conspiracy because Casey is cold and i don't like it. 

Yes but where  does Casey play? You're answer is?  split with  Casey, because that's the only way, we abandon Casey, or do you want the VFL sides to play at Caulfield, or start again with only a Melbourne demons AFL and Vfl side, the VFL side plays where? So come on smarty pants, answer theses questions 

14 minutes ago, Demon trucker said:

Yes but where  does Casey play? You're answer is?  split with  Casey, because that's the only way, we abandon Casey, or do you want the VFL sides to play at Caulfield, or start again with only a Melbourne demons AFL and Vfl side, the VFL side plays where? So come on smarty pants, answer theses questions 

If we are building a multi million dollar facility we should either build it at Casey (unsure of feasibility) or we should build a ground to play on at the new home base, i am firmly of the belief that having 2 facilities 45 minutes apart will cause unintended division within the club. 

There are AFL teams that run all of their different teams out of the same facility so that's not only possible, but i know people at those clubs that would strongly preach the benefits of it, and those that have 2 facilities like Collingwood have them situated MUCH closer together and the reasoning relates a lot to history and tradition, Victoria park has a lot of meaning to the Pies. 

I am not intending to upset anyone with this view, i just have a slightly different opinion on this and will try my best to voice that respectfully. 

Edited by Dwight Schrute

I like the idea of a two campus approach given that AFL clubs do now essentially have 4 teams and academy commitments. A lot of AFL clubs will find themselves cramped going forward. Not sure what this means for operating costs though? (is Casey on a user hire basis?) 🤔

A advantage of a Caulfield-Casey dual approach is that Caulfield is central for metro Melbourne, close to areas where there are many traditional Demons supporters (inner South East) but Casey is in the outer South East, a growing part of Melbourne and can possibly play a role in expanding the Dees supporter base.

As long as all 4 teams use both Caulfield and Casey on occasions, it doesn't necessarily need to create divisions.

40 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

If we are building a multi million dollar facility we should either build it at Casey (unsure of feasibility) or we should build a ground to play on at the new home base, i am firmly of the belief that having 2 facilities 45 minutes apart will cause unintended division within the club. 

There are AFL teams that run all of their different teams out of the same facility so that's not only possible, but i know people at those clubs that would strongly preach the benefits of it, and those that have 2 facilities like Collingwood have them situated MUCH closer together and the reasoning relates a lot to history and tradition, Victoria park has a lot of meaning to the Pies. 

I am not intending to upset anyone with this view, i just have a slightly different opinion on this and will try my best to voice that respectfully. 

It will cause no divisions stop talking rubbish.

• Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I would imagine the plan is to build Caulfield with “no plans” to play games there and then in years to come when the NIMBY’s have given up we start playing VFL and WAFL there and move on from Casey.

And there is Glen Huntly Park with an oval outside the race track on the southern side that could in time have stands, viewing areas that don't impede views for racing and give MFC access to 3 ovals 🤔

44 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

And there is Glen Huntly Park with an oval outside the race track on the southern side that could in time have stands, viewing areas that don't impede views for racing and give MFC access to 3 ovals 🤔

You don’t need a stadium for VFL and AFLW

1 hour ago, No. 31 said:

You would need to move Caulfield Grammarians Football Club who play in the VAFA first. Or share with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

The Casey continuum is definitely a conundrum.

I'd prefer to share an inner city VFL ground going forward as the match day option.

Port Melbourne or Coburg for example

Port Melbourne would be IDEAL. What about Brunswick oval, what about Fitzroys old ground? For some reason a racetrack with a ground in the middle reminds me of Shawshank redemption type facility! hard to navigate!

• Thanks 1