CHANGES: Rd 12 vs Collingwood

Skin Deeamond

12 minutes ago, Stormy Dee said:

Out: Oscar Macdonald, Tom Macdonald, Spargo, Kennedy-Harris, Stretch, Wagner.

In: Preuss, May, Lever, Salem, Neal-Bullen, Hore.

Garlett lucky. Nobody left to replace him!

Agree re Garlett. Hard to know how to judge that game. he did kick 3 but critical errors prob coast 3 more. He stays for now.

But too early to dump JKH he wasnt our worst. Id give a Hannon a week off instead as he clearly wasnt ready. Preuss played a shocker on the weekend so I wouldnt be picking him either. 

Ins May, lever, Salem, Neal-Bullen, Hore

Outs OSCAR!, Tmac, Wagner, Spargo, Hannon

• Like 2

Out O Mac, Frost, Stretch, Wagner

In May, Lever, Hore, Salem

otherwise know as a Defense transplant. 

Frost stiff but don’t think we can play hore May lever and Hibbo with him as well. 

• Shocked 3

Given JKH has not played a senior game this year I didn’t think he was too bad. I actually thought Spargo wasn’t that bad either. At least they try and get the ball at a contest, unlike you know who. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

No way T Mac will get dropped

Youse are all kidding

He should be though, he's offered nothing all season. Or move him to the wing, but it looks like he's lost his running capacity this year. 

In: lever, may, hore, ANB, Salem (all best 22 so not just reactionary to a loss)

Out: tmac, omac, Wagner, garlett and stretch. Fritsch moved up the ground to try and find some form.

TMac still carrying the foot injury. Red line him for the season I reckon.

33 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Out O Mac, Frost, Stretch, Wagner

In May, Lever, Hore, Salem

otherwise know as a Defense transplant. 

Frost stiff but don’t think we can play hore May lever and Hibbo with him as well. 

I suspected there would have to be at least one fool suggest Frost be dropped. If Frost were to be dropped, which won’t happen by the way, there would never have been a player dropped previously that has come off such a solid bank of games. Last night he soundly beat Tex Walker, a 400 career goal kicker, and you want him dropped. WTF. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

I suspected there would have to be at least one fool suggest Frost be dropped. If Frost were to be dropped, which won’t happen by the way, there would never have been a player dropped previously that has come off such a solid bank of games. Last night he soundly beat Tex Walker, a 400 career goal kicker, and you want him dropped. WTF. 

You have my vote gwd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

GCDee ??  Spargo stays in???  No way

I actually thought Spargo was decent.....

• Like 9
  • Love 1

The idea of rushing back players who have been out for long periods is just nuts.Season is gone, so stop the bloody desperation selections and only pick players on form.

Hannan proved it, and JKH to a lesser extent.

May played well, so he deserves the recall. Lever has not. I really hope he plays at least once more in the 2's to find some form.

Dont risk underdone players when the season is already over. 

Edited by ding
  • Like 11

28 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

Frost has been excellent all year in a Blitzkrieged Backline. In fact I reckon he will be top 6 in the B&F !

Outs Oscar Oscar and oh did I say Oscar?

Inns  Salem, May, Hore, Lockhart, 

Outs  Oscar, Spargo ( both Never to return) Stretch, Wagner, 

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Serious question, but is there a compelling reason to go to this game? Collingwood home game, any general admin tickets go to their coffers. We’re also likely to lose. 

I feel this could be an 80-20 crowd split this game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Serious question, but is there a compelling reason to go to this game? Collingwood home game, any general admin tickets go to their coffers. We’re also likely to lose. 

I feel this could be an 80-20 crowd split this game.

I'm not going for the reason above and as a protest against Goodwin and the insipid culture of the club and this playing group.

Also if suggest not risking lever and may now that there is nothing to play for. Why not ease them back over three or four weeks?

40 minutes ago, stranga said:

I'm not going for the reason above and as a protest against Goodwin and the insipid culture of the club and this playing group.

Also if suggest not risking lever and may now that there is nothing to play for. Why not ease them back over three or four weeks?

Get along to Casey where we play the Pies on Sunday. Good chance of a win and the bacon and egg rolls are wonderful. :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Out: One trick pony Viney, Omac and JKH

In: May, Hore and Salem

Jesus.

Viney finally starting to find some form. Last game he looked fitter and able to do more and last night I thought he was one of our best.

• Like 19
  • Love 1

I suspect Hannan and Kennedy-Harris were brought in one week earlier than planned so that next week we can bring in another tranche of formerly injured players. Hannan didn't look ready but I thought Kennedy-Harris was good. It is questionable whether it is wise to bring in all of Salem, Hore, May and Lever - 4 defenders - at once, even though all of them deserve their place in the team. Nevertheless, given where our season is at, I would bring them all in and omit O McDonald, Stretch, J Wagner and Spargo. Fritsch finally gets the chance to go forward in place of Spargo.

Spargo could count himself unlucky as he was much better than Hannan, but he (Hannan) needs a second game before we judge him too harshly. 

Neal-Bullen, if he's ready, will have to wait another week. It's not like he has been dominating when he's been in the side and I think four unforced changes at once is enough.

• Like 4