3 things I did waiting for footy to return

DeezNuts

1. Listened to Macquarie Sports Radio everyday in case they mentioned Melbourne.. (love ya schwarta)

2. Pretended to like cricket for about a week...

3. Read demonland more than I did during the season...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1. Watched Kayo sports

2. Watched the legends DVD's

3.Watched the Geelong and Hawthorn finals.

1. (Almost) booted up the laptop to access Demonland around 5 times per day for news and profiles.

2. Took up golf again, playing in solitude, every day from the light of dawn in order to 'deep-think' the Dees for 2019.

3. Planned my travels, fares, routes and accommodation across to Melbourne (from Adelaide) according to the footy fixture and booked these in advance of the start of the season. 

Gotta go .... golf course is 16 kms away and it will be daybreak when I get there ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Once trade and draft were done we welcomed Junior Demon number 4 into the household early December. First preseason baby out of the lot. Developing nicely but still off legs.

2. Disagreed daily with the lovely about the best way to soothe baby, White Noise or MFC theme song.

3. Watched the Elimination and Semi-Final highlights and perused DL an endless amount of times during sleepless nights.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

1. Had another daughter.  Well, my wife gave birth to it so technically I didn't have it, but I was there cheering her on with the membership number ready to go in my phone.

2. Took a break from here.  

3. Watched as much NBA and EPL as humanly possible.

Absolutely pumped for the footy to get rolling, though.  Only 3 or so weeks to go (for the real stuff, anyway...)

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Dr.D said:

1. watched the melb finals games (exc. prelim) about 3 times.

2. studied the hell out of the draft.

3. Threw darts at a pic of Peter Bell stalling the trade week.

That sounds a bit like mine. I'd add scratching around for a training report fix to the list. I also burnt a Peter Bell effigy. 

56 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

1. Had another daughter.  Well, my wife gave birth to it so technically I didn't have it, but I was there cheering her on with the membership number ready to go in my phone.

2. Took a break from here.  

3. Watched as much NBA and EPL as humanly possible.

Absolutely pumped for the footy to get rolling, though.  Only 3 or so weeks to go (for the real stuff, anyway...)

Congrats Wise. How many is that now? 8 or 9?

• Like 1

Watched adelaide, gold coast, Bulldogs games from last year over and over. Watched Geelong and Hawthorn finals over and over. Foxtel upgraded my box so lost them all. Family happy.

So I concentrated on trying to clear calendar to go to Olympic park for Practice match. No good. Thought about it incessantly.

On the day, brain instantly switched to "Its only a practice match" mode and I only watched half. WTF?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Thanks Moonie.

It's actually 10 now.  This one has to sleep in the attic but she'll live. ;)

Did you name her "Flowers"?

I actually enjoyed all the non football things of life. Especially my GD's. Has been great without football. And will be for a while yet. Having said I enjoyed the scratch match. The rest of the February stuff ain't football.

2 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Maxine.

:roos:

I was hoping someone would pick up my "Flowers in the Attic" reference. 

Time for a new thread...........

Welcome to the MFC Maxine Wiseblood !!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ding said:

I was hoping someone would pick up my "Flowers in the Attic" reference. 

Time for a new thread...........

Welcome to the MFC Maxine Wiseblood !!!!

I totally missed that, ding.  Sorry.  I thought it was a Robbie Flower reference, hence me going with 'Maxine' (which isn't her name, just went with a long version of 'Max'.)

Our wires were well and truly crossed, but thank you for the well wishes! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. Totally ignored rubbish sports like NBA and NBL, NFL, 50 overs cricket, women's soccer, women's cricket, lame level golf (the level I play at!)  and enjoyed telling all within earshot how rubbish these sports really are.

2. Watched 1 of the most sublime games of tennis ever played - Djokovic in the Aus Open final was tennis perfection. 

3. Tried really hard to stay interested in the MFC and AFL websites during the pre-season, but got bored really quickly with facile, superficial, vacuous spin masquerading as football news.

... for the love of all things sacred, hurry up season 2019...

• Haha 1

1. Got married. Tiny ceremony by the harbour up here in Sydney. Then a little dinner by the sea with a small collection of close friends.

2. Got married, again. But correctly to the same person. This time in Vietnam, for the benefit and approval of the new side of my family which by my count is literally (and I use literally correctly) 30 times the size of my 'old' family. Officialy events occured in two different cities and on three separate days and involved three different outfits. Regretfully, I was unable to find a suitabl red-and-blue Ao Dai. Oh, yeah, and these events also blended into the Vietnamese new year, Tet. My third Tet in Vietnam but they never get simple, closest analogy would be if you ran a big traditional extended family Christmas together with a fairly committed effort at both the fun kids-version and the spiritual sides of easter, all at once.

3. Took a deep breath and sat quietly until the room stopped spinning. That took most of the rest of February.

• Like 8
  • Love 1