Tom Sparrow 
Charlie Sprague
Curtis Taylor
Fraser Turner
Luke Valente
Bailey Williams
Boyd Woodcock

• Thanks 4

Think the clubs before us have picked up a lot of the versatile highly skilled mids in the 10-20 range.

Now we're looking at guys who do a few things well but aren't as complete.

McKenzie and Hamill would be nice, warming to Kennerley as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Um, soooooooo... apparently I've been living under a "don't care much about the draft" shaped rock, but... why the heck is it going over multiple days?

You can just imagine the marketing guys, cant you?

Marketing Man 1 'You know what people like? The grand final. That is the most watched game of the year' 

Marketing Man 2: 'Yeah, you know what would be better? 3 grand finals!'

Marketing Man 1: 'Whoa! that would be so awesome! What do you think Gill?'

Gill: 'I dont give a [censored] about the game. Do what you want.'

Marketing Man 2: 'You know what sucks? The offseason. Why don't we expand the draft over 2 nights!'

Marketing Man 1: 'Yeah! Sick idea bro'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Um, soooooooo... apparently I've been living under a "don't care much about the draft" shaped rock, but... why the heck is it going over multiple days?

Probably for the same reason that the AFL have been floating the three match GF series, the 18m goal "square" and the ridiculous situation where even if the club with the current pick cannot make that selection until their allotted 5 minutes is up.

• Like 1

What a ridiculous and torturous idea to put it over two nights, idiotic idea just get the thing done. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Nasher said:

It took more than two hours of drudgery to get through the first round thanks to the introduction of live trading of picks and the matching of bids. If they did the whole draft thing for another five or so rounds plus commercial breaks with clubs like Essendon and North always calling for extra time, they would finish in the wee early hours. I couldn’t stand waiting that long to find out who we picked with #ninety something.

1 minute ago, spirit of norm smith said:

I think it’s on in the morning when we are at work.  Ffs.  Taking my break to line up with start 

That’s what I thought until one of the female comperes mentioned at the end that they would be back tomorrow at noon.

I suggest you check your local guides.

12 minutes ago, Pates said:

What a ridiculous and torturous idea to put it over two nights, idiotic idea just get the thing done. 

Apparently the AFL medical commission ruled out running the draft in only one session on health and safety grounds, taking into account the potential danger to Gillon’s vocal chords.

Next year’s Brownlow Medal count is going to be held over four evenings on consecutive Monday nights during the finals and players will be able to trade future votes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Winners were

Tigers getting Collier-Dawkins. He is a top 7-10 rated player in my opinion. Can play straight away. I can compare him to the Bont.  

and 

Blues getting Walsh & Stocker.  Add them to Cripps, Dow and O’Brien and I see a strong young midfield to base the climb up the ladder.  Get it to Curnow and McGovern.  

• Like 3

They haven't left with too many to choose from.

McKenzie and Bytel for mine Turner 3rd favourite.

As things stand, we have the fourth and ninth picks after they start proceedings:-

END OF ROUND ONE

23 . West Coast 

ROUND TWO

24. Adelaide 
25. Sydney
26. Melbourne
27. Gold Coast
28. Greater Western Sydney
29. West Coast
30. Western Bulldogs
31. Melbourne

The three clubs ahead of us are non-Victorians. The Eagles could take Hill or Foley or maybe Stack. The Crows might be interested in Valente or McLennan. Not sure where Sydney would be looking. Perhaps they might go for a Victorian in Bytel.

There’s still plenty of talent there for us with our two next selections.

Also interesting was Knightmare’s views on O’Halloran - he didn’t have him (or Hill) in his top 50 power rankings albeit, he was a bit vague as to the reason.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

The NFL goes over 3 days so be thankful they've only expanded to 2 days!

My speculative view is that that their idea was 2 prime time slots but Fox did not want 2nd night up against Fox  Cricket 20/20 so its Friday at midday which means productivity will crash.

Also gives clubs time to refocus given picks trades add complexity.

• Like 1