WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KADE KOLODJASHNIJ

DemonLad5

3 minutes ago, ignition. said:

Hahahaaa owe come on ProDee don't be like that ;)

On a serious note, what would you be willing to pay?

I couldn't be more serious.  Kolodjashnij has always been a sublime talent, so I have to question someone who doesn't rate his ability.  It really doesn't make sense. 

As for what he's worth ?  I don't know nor do I care.  That's minutia for me.  Some fans worry about that sort of stuff, but I tend not to.  

Post the trade period I'll look at net gains and net losses and have an opinion as to the success of our trade period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ProDee said:

I couldn't be more serious.  Kolodjashnij has always been a sublime talent, so I have to question someone who doesn't rate his ability.  It really doesn't make sense. 

As for what he's worth ?  I don't know nor do I care.  That's minutia for me.  Some fans worry about that sort of stuff, but I tend not to.  

Post the trade period I'll look at net gains and net losses and have an opinion as to the success of our trade period.

As above, I don't mind targetting him, as long as it doesn't consume significant amounts of our time or draft currency during trade week.

Now let's put it into perspective because far too many times I've seen the hype consume posters at this time of year (it's like listening to bitcoin talk in a cafe' at the end of 2017).

Now don't give me that PR garbage about "I'll look at net gains and net losses" at the end of trade week. The players are scrutinised for every decision and execution during a match, so should the recruiting staff.

Firstly, do you consider Kolodjashnij in the same league as T.Mitchell, O'Meara, Treloar, Adams (all a few years ago), and Shiel (who is potentially available and should be at the top of our list)?

Secondly, if you're hyping up Kolodjashnij state what you think he's worth or at least in relation to those above. I've said a third-round pick, but in fairness, I could accept a late-second. That's where I rate, it's not that hard to do, what about you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ignition. said:

As above, I don't mind targetting him, as long as it doesn't consume significant amounts of our time or draft currency during trade week.

Now let's put it into perspective because far too many times I've seen the hype consume posters at this time of year (it's like listening to bitcoin talk in a cafe' at the end of 2017).

Now don't give me that PR garbage about "I'll look at net gains and net losses" at the end of trade week. The players are scrutinised for every decision and execution during a match, so should the recruiting staff.

Firstly, do you consider Kolodjashnij in the same league as T.Mitchell, O'Meara, Treloar, Adams (all a few years ago), and Shiel (who is potentially available and should be at the top of our list)?

Secondly, if you're hyping up Kolodjashnij state what you think he's worth or at least in relation to those above. I've said a third-round pick, but in fairness, I could accept a late-second. That's where I rate, it's not that hard to do, what about you?

I genuinely don't care much about isolated costs in relation to players.  We've previously seen Mahoney and crew look like they're overpaying only to have something else up their sleeve. 

That said, right now I suspect Kolodjashnij is worth in the 40-50 range.  Concussions and lack of recent progress determine this. 

But the upside is significant.  Salem and Fritsch have genuine football talent.  Kolodjashnij has no less and I suspect a higher ceiling than those two boys. 

• Like 1

Just now, ProDee said:

I genuinely don't care much about isolated costs in relation to players.  We've previously seen Mahoney and crew look like they're overpaying only to have something else up their sleeve. 

That said, right now I suspect Kolodjashnij is worth in the 40-50 range.  Concussions and lack of recent progress determine this. 

But the upside is significant.  Salem and Fritsch have genuine football talent.  Kolodjashnij has no less and I suspect a higher ceiling than those two boys. 

Hahahaha so we are actually in agreeance. Thank you.

Also yes, I couldn't agree with you more. There is significant upside and potential with regards to his age, talent, and relation price.

44 minutes ago, ignition. said:

Hahahaha so we are actually in agreeance. Thank you.

Also yes, I couldn't agree with you more. There is significant upside and potential with regards to his age, talent, and relation price.

I don't know whether we're in "agreement" or not.  

You don't think much of him as a player and I reckon he has rare talent.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, Spirit of the Demon said:

You mean that they are dizygotic in that each of them developed from a separate egg rather than monozygotic. 

Yes, I think that's the case.

Who cares about eggs?

It's the sperm that counts.

12 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

This is one of those trades where I have confidence our FD will make the right call. If they want him, I will certainly support it.

That's nice Moonie...the lads of the FD will sleep soundly now ;)

I just like the idea of having a player just about all struggle to pronounce !!! ???

( That, and he CAN play )

4 hours ago, daisycutter said:

thanks, saty

You should see the guns shots I took of him and his family. He told me he's keen on joining Melbourne, but wanted a pre-emptive restraining order against me first. Salem agreed, pending the EPL results. All good fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Undecided about kollajizzknee but happy to be surprised 

if nothing else , epic mileage in fun times nicknames 

Great user name btw - one of my all-time favourite albums!

I think he's the type of player we need if he can get back to the consistent form he had back in 2015 where he was third runner up in GC best and fairest (not a huge feat at GC but he was only a 20).

You only need to look at his stats that shows how much he marks the ball demonstrating how well he spreads to find space. He's not lightning quick but has solid speed and athleticism. Really builds up speed well. I like the idea of him on a wing or half back with his ability to really spread. Uses the ball well too.

Edited by Yung Blood

Way more excited about us getting KK than May.

I can actually see KK fitting into our side without impacting on key players and he provides pace that we need.

May is also quick for a big bloke, but I don't quite get why we need him - we have Frost, O.Mac, Lever when he returns and Joel Smith and we also have two VFL standard back-ups already - Petty and Kielty.

Is May going to play CHF and be part of the T-Mac, Weid mix? Is O-Mac going to finally to be tried in that role.

Either way I don't get why you'd give a up a first rounder and $800K for May when we are already over-catered for in that area.

But I do get why we would give KK another chance at reigniting a career for $300K and a second or third round pick.

• Like 3