DemonLad5

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KADE KOLODJASHNIJ

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/demons-eye-off-the-suns-kade-kolodjashnij-20180927-p506hl.html?__twitter_impression=true

Demons eye off the Suns' Kade Kolodjashnij

Apparently we are targeting him. #5 pick from 2013 or 2014 I think? Silky outside mid who hasn’t quite got it together yet and could use a fresh start

Probably wouldn’t cost us a lot.

Definitely yes from me.

• Like 4

Doesn’t sound like there’s much opposition from the suns end, his lack of matches mean his value is pretty low, looks like a good opportunity to me. Given our experience with concussion riddled players in recent years that might also help manage him (although it sounds like he’s past the worst of it). 

Early 3rd rounder? Or perhaps a direct swap for a current fringe player?

Edited by Pates

Can play...he was really good early in his career.

Half back or wing with a bit of class.

Forget about the Kelly's of this world, this is exactly the type of trading we need to do.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

He will cost more than a 3rd I suggest. Former 5 pick with 78 games to his name and slowed by injury. I wonder if Tyson could work? 

Former 5 pick.....That Gold Coast don’t even want

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SFebes said:

3rd round will get it done

Would you have accepted a 3rd round pick for brayshaw at the end of last year? 

Because that's effectively what you are suggesting... top 5 pick over 70 games experience with concussion issues 

Yes! Worth a second round pick (20 - 30) Was pick 5 and showed great early promise. 

We have to plan for life after Nev and Hibbo. Both 29yo going into next season.

5 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Would you have accepted a 3rd round pick for brayshaw at the end of last year? 

Because that's effectively what you are suggesting... top 5 pick over 70 games experience with concussion issues 

Do you enjoy following me around GCD? And I’m not even going to get into comparing KK to AB. And I’m not suggesting anything you’ve alluded to.

Edited by SFebes

He is a genuine talent when up and running. Jason Taylor was a huge wrap for him in his junior days and wanted him at pick 9. But you knew straight away that he was set on getting picked up early.

I like this interest from the club.

• Like 10

I'd be happy with this. With Lewis in the twilight of his career he could slot in across half back perfectly for us. 

If the Suns are happy for him to move on then I doubt they would want much. A three way deal with the Saints perhaps? 

Saints get: Kent

Dees get: Kolodjashnij

Suns get: Third round pick. 

I know the Saints don't have one of those picks at the moment but I'm sure they can get one. 

Edited by Wiseblood
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Yes! Worth a second round pick (20 - 30) Was pick 5 and showed great early promise. 

Our highest pick is 32, but with 8 or so players to replace would be surprised to see us use that on a trade, would take us out of the first two rounds of the draft altogether.

Hopefully one of our 3rd round picks will get it done, they don't want to hang on to him regardless of where he was initially drafted.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Do you enjoy following me around GCD? And I’m not even going to get into comparing KK to AB.

Dont mean to be following you around. It just seems to be you're name popping up with the outrageous trade suggestions haha

Concerned about his concussion issues, but can play. Would be similar value to Kent I would have thought?

• Like 1

Just now, GCDee said:

Dont mean to be following you around. It just seems to be you're name popping up with the outrageous trade suggestions haha

Which suggestions are those? 

KK who is out of contract and GC telling him to look elsewhere? 3rd round based on those facts is hardly outrageous at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

I know the Saints don't have one of those picks at the moment but I'm sure they can get one. 

Yes, a few clubs have big holes in their draft options (e.g., Freo with 5 ... and then 77, Saints with 5 and then 57). Trading away your future draft picks is all well and good, but then you end up with no draft picks. Could be some horse-trading for picks.

A gun in the making, his progress derailed by some concussions and the fact he plays for a horrible club.

Once Brendan McCartney gets hold of him everyone will see why he was a pick 5.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Love it, love it. 

Bit of money ball about it and once again a strategic/targeted list maneuvour . 

Ive been thinking that the likes of Shiel and Kelly are just too costly, in trade and it $. Pay too much for one player and it gets the rest of the players asking for more too.

Haven't seen too much of Kade - but he's got toe.

His brother Jake is a very good player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Concerned about his concussion issues, but can play. Would be similar value to Kent I would have thought?

Much better player than Kent but will be interesting to see how he is valued.

but with GC happy to let him go...who knows where the cards will fall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Our highest pick is 32, but with 8 or so players to replace would be surprised to see us use that on a trade, would take us out of the first two rounds of the draft altogether.

Hopefully one of our 3rd round picks will get it done, they don't want to hang on to him regardless of where he was initially drafted.

32 might just do it. Or straight swap for Tyson.

I doubt they would accept a third rounder for him. That’s a pick in the 45-55 range. Can’t see that happening.

17 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

No, can’t pronounce his name, like Grgic.

Griggitch

Gergitch

Brent.

• Haha 1

I actually don't mind Koladjaksfndhdhdbsnij as a player. He looked good early on, bit has really disappeared with concussion issues.

I'd be keen to give him a go. Would be happy with a 3rd round, but would give a second rounder for him if he changed his surname to Smith (just so we didn't have to spell his name on the forum) 

• Haha 1

Think we are going to try and turn next years 1st round pick into a handful of later picks this draft.

Bit hard to explain how we will fill all the vacancies otherwise.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.