GAMEDAY - Round 18

DemonOX

I have been saying for weeks that we will win this game. This is the sort of ground that seems to suit our high press, and should also reduce the amount of "out the back" opportunities Geelong might have otherwise had.

If the umpires can be even-handed (yeah, i know....)  we can win this.

Like Gawny said, we need to win at least 2 of our remaining games against fellow contenders or we won't play finals. MFC do not play well when its desperation stakes, so leaving our run till the last few games would be an almost guaranteed disaster.

We have to start somewhere, and today is the day.

Go Dees.

• Like 4

Hoping the MaxOliBra phenomenon takes Cat Park by storm and becomes the most elite trio in the final stages of the season.

My gut tells me it will be a fierce contest all night and the game will be determined by brilliance when it matters. Up steps Trac with the sealer. Dees by 9 points. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, loges said:

Sorry wasn't directed at you, just my frustration at some of the negativity.

All good, I thought they’d be on Twitter gobbing off again. We are all a bit on edge haha. Go dees!

We win this am im more than happy to shout a beer for anyone who comes to Adelaide next week. I think Geeling will be slightly better across the ground. Will need some ladyluck on our side tonight but ny head say Cats by  23.

12 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

All good, I thought they’d be on Twitter gobbing off again. We are all a bit on edge haha. Go dees!

Yes, win or lose I feel it's going to be a tough watch today.

• Like 2

So many reasons why this win would be amazing -

Its vs Geelong, and we all hate them.

Its in Geelong where its hard to win.

We would finally get a scalp and be taken seriously.

Would move us two games ahead of them inside the 8.

We would be doing it without Viney, Lever and Hibberd.

Would be three wins on the trot and we would be back in business with huge confidence taken over to Adelaide.

Chris Scott melting down in the coaches box.

The so called holy trio of Dangerfield-Selwood-Abett walking off the ground realizing they may not even play finals.

• Like 1

It goes without saying that we will need to make the most of our clearances and entries EARLY. If not, they will rubber band down the other end and walk through the hole Hibberd and Lever leave. What used to be a no fly zone is gonna be worse than Avalon airport. Don’t let it get in there!

Jeffy needs a big game. His forward pressure will need to be relentless, same with Spargo. In the middle I’d be quite happy to keep it in the phone box honestly, don’t let guys like Duncan have their way. Can’t pick this one, but feel says we lose in a close one but there’s a case for it being like the West Coast game last year maybe. We hope!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Converted Dee said:

Who is the player or the collective group of players who are going to say "follow me boys, let's get this done"?

North had Carey in his heyday, along with a group of players who all played their role.

Pies have had Pendlebury who is a gun that has always stood up his whole career when it matters.

We need those internal drivers to propel this club to the next level. Oliver is a great start, but we need others to consistently jump on board together when needed in these big games.

I'm not convinced yet that we have after so many failures, but come on, these players need to get fair dinkum to be a 'GREAT' team.

the key element.

fire in the belly drive to win,  with smart play,

• Like 1

Leaders to step up today, that is, the mid-range leaders across the ground. I want to see Melk, ANB, Trac, Tyson and Harmes really step up today and take the game on their own terms. 

We know we’ll get 100% from the likes of Brayshaw, Gawn, Oliver, Fritch and Jets. But we need the others to lean forward. If they do,  the Cats will buckle under our frenetic forward pressure.

Go Dees!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bringbackthebiff said:

A lot of the talk is what Geelong will do to us, however the key is what we do to them. It will be won in the midfield. We need to get our hands on the ball first and we also need to pressure their forward entries to assist our (fragile) backline. 

We're best in the past, when we are underdog.

When confident of winning we get arrogant & we seem to become 'frontrunners mentally'. and stop the hard work. play like millionaires.

Why so often in the past, has this club sought to be arrogant and soft ?

I hope Goodwin continues to stop this rubbish, from entering the group.

8 minutes ago, DeezNuts said:

Leaders to step up today, that is, the mid-range leaders across the ground. I want to see Melk, ANB, Trac, Tyson and Harmes really step up today and take the game on their own terms. 

We know we’ll get 100% from the likes of Brayshaw, Gawn, Oliver, Fritch and Jets. But we need the others to lean forward. If they do,  the Cats will buckle under our frenetic forward pressure.

Go Dees!!!

TMc ? ?

• Like 1

Come on Dee's you can do this, we will win or lose this above the shoulders, we have the talent and skill and toughness to beat them.

Get it done Dee's..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feeling a statement. Dees by 51 

tommy to kick 6 

brayshaw and Oliver to dominate 

Gawn to have an absolute field day 

2 hours ago, Demon Jack said:

This has shades of the West Coast game last year where we traveled to Perth without Jones, Watts, Hogan.

We all know what happened that night. There's no reason we can't replicate the effort at the Cattery without Viney, Hibberd and Lever.

Dees by 9 points.

Yeah, got smashed in Subi and lost my wallet.

• Haha 1

love the optimism....dont share it....but love it

• Haha 1

Just now, Bitter but optimistic said:

I hate the way that smug little [censored] in the coach's box constantly plays his mock outrage role for the camera at every decision that goes against the [censored] .

I also hate Hawkins' cross eyes - makes my think of ugly Mav.

His eyes look like a junkie's. I wonder, why do smackies end up with bright blue eyes? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I hate the way that smug little [censored] in the coach's box constantly plays his mock outrage role for the camera at every decision that goes against the [censored] .

I also hate Hawkins' cross eyes - makes my think of ugly Mav.

predator-1024x535.jpg

• Haha 1

Well. The stakes are now WAY bigger now. No more talk demons time to stand up and get the footy world to take notice. Petracca BOG tonight