Dudded once again on FTA into Melbourne

Diamond_Jim

Just now, Demonland said:

Until we start putting runs on the board, arses on seats and eyes on the TV we can't expect any free rides. 

Success begets success. 

those games are line ball from a ratings viewpoint ... wasn't expecting a free ride but it's about time we got a fair ride

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

those games are line ball from a ratings viewpoint ... wasn't expecting a free ride but it's about time we got a fair ride

Success will hopefully bring that (unless of course Essendon is also on). 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

See there are two Saturday night games scheduled for 31 March.

There is Lions v MFC starting at 7:25pm Melbourne time; and

Freo v Bombers starting at 8:10pm Melbourne time

Yes Channel 7 will be showing the Bombers game

Bloody Watson.

1 hour ago, Clintosaurus said:

Channel 7 is Bomber TV. The pre-game stuff this Friday will be vomit inducing.

Channel 7 is taking us Dees supporters for granted.

Its time to instill a ban on watching 7 footy. When Melbourne isn't given a fair go at free to air.

I call on all red blooded Dees, to NOT watch the bummers on key night time slots.

Why should WE ADD to the bummer viewing profile, whilst we get Sunday evening games?

Think and act. Don't watch bummers, & pies in prime time.  We just boost them up.

Edited by DV8
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Channel 7 is Bomber TV. The pre-game stuff this Friday will be vomit inducing.

Channel 7 also give a platform to white supremacists on their feel-good breakfast show and generally panders to the shallow end of the gene pool with their moronic programming.

and lets not get started with their commentary team. 

The less I have to watch the better. 

Edited by Deemented Are Go!
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Channel 7 also give a platform to white supremacists on their feel-good breakfast show and generally panders to the shallow end of the gene pool with their moronic programming.

and lets not get started with their commentary team. 

The less I have to watch the better. 

Might need to buy myself an aerial and start watching.

trust the lefties to again bring politics into a footy post. Like clockwork.

• Like 1

Scheduling meeting at Channel 7, pre-season.

TV exec 1: ok, moving on to Saturday 31st, evening. How many games?

TV exec 2: two games. Let's see .. loser club ... loser club ... loser clu-- ooh look! My team's playing! 8PM in Perth!

TV exec 1: lock that in then. Now, Sunday the 1st. How many games?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Lol. Reds under the bed. 

Viva la revolution!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Until we start putting runs on the board, arses on seats and eyes on the TV we can't expect any free rides. 

Success begets success. 

Because Essendon has been so successful? 

Sorry DL it bulldust. Carlton has 6 night games on FTA I believe. People should stop sprouting that stuff and complain more about the short shrift we get. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Bombers have far more members and supporters than us. It's a no brainer for ch 7.

Win games, make the finals regularly and that will change

that number is a mere 20-30,000 .. perhaps 50k. In the ratings system that is irrelevant

we are talking about overall ratings ... I suggest they would be line ball

Frankly I expected no better but it is a good example of the difficulty faced by a "lesser" team.

27 minutes ago, faultydet said:

And 'righties' never do that I suppose.  Hah.  Perhaps we could all agree to not respond to political remarks whether we agree or disagree, just let them through to the keeper.  Whoops......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Sorry DL it bulldust. Carlton has 6 night games on FTA I believe. People should stop sprouting that stuff and complain more about the short shrift we get. 

Yup, this is it right here.

FTA schedule has nothing to do with how good a team is and everything to do with how much Channel 7 can get from advertisers. Carlton draws viewers. We do not.

The AFL pays lip service to Friday nights being a "reward for performance" but the Carlton example from the last few years is a clear example to the contrary.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Bombers have far more members and supporters than us. It's a no brainer for ch 7.

Win games, make the finals regularly and that will change

We don't have to boost their numbers, when we, and much of the comp have been dudded over the decades.

boost the underdog,  not the greedy.

17 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Sorry DL it bulldust. Carlton has 6 night games on FTA I believe. People should stop sprouting that stuff and complain more about the short shrift we get

there ya go.

Its' not what you know, it's who you do !

6 minutes ago, Choke said:

Yup, this is it right here.

FTA schedule has nothing to do with how good a team is and everything to do with how much Channel 7 can get from advertisers. Carlton draws viewers. We do not.

The AFL pays lip service to Friday nights being a "reward for performance" but the Carlton example from the last few years is a clear example to the contrary.

And nothing to do with Fitzy, and the AFL owing the blues?

Simple, self imposed ban on those clubs, the past powers of the last 25years.  Who bought premierships from other clubs, Via taking their players.

Up until round 12 (as far as FTA broadcast details are available) we have one night FTA game (Anzac Eve).

We have another three rounds approximately in the FTA graveyard slot of 3pm Sunday.

Will be interesting to see how the post bye games are allocated given that with luck we could well be 9-2 at the time of the bye.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Yeah I know. I'm hoping that if I say it enough the AFL will listen. It comes down to ratings in the end and unfortunately we won't be winning that battle anytime soon. If we had had any sustained success in the past 50 years maybe things would be different.

6 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

As if channel 7 are going to show a Brisbane game while at the same time ignoring one of power clubs of VIC.

Brisbane have been on free air about 2 times since 2016.

here is a good example to show the inequity.

http://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/broadcastguide

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tg-carlton-blues?year=2018

Is it true that most Melbournefc supporters have FOXtel, when most other clubs supporters go to Free to Air.

If so, is it any wonder we don't get a go on Free2Air.

22 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

still don't get it for carlton (apart from fitzpatrick connection). you need more than one club's supporters for ratings and who wants to watch a wooden-spoon favourite lose one sided games

Carlton's membership is around 50k and is in danger of slipping down to our membership levels.

The number crunchers don't want the club to recede and thus the "help plan." This allows Carlton to attract sponsors etc etc

It is just so obvious that it is a two or three tiered system.

The strange thing is that Carlton were favoured in 2016 and the Friday night games were abysmal that year.

• Like 1