Tilbrook and Lever

Farmer

Reading that young Jake ( to whom we are paying a fortune) managed to finish 11th in the Adelaide   B and F,  prompted dark thoughts.

is it possible that both Jake and big Johnny Tilbrook have the same player agents? I recall that we bet the Members' Stand on  Tilbrook, to very little effect.

Just now, Farmer said:

Reading that young Jake ( to whom we are paying a fortune) managed to finish 11th in the Adelaide   B and F,  prompted dark thoughts.

is it possible that both Jake and big Johnny Tilbrook have the same player agents? I recall that we bet the Members' Stand on  Tilbrook, to very little effect.

It was Jim actually

4 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Diamond Jim was a big fish in a little pool, joining the VFL from SAFL  he was just another player, booming kick but lacked mongrel, hence downgrading to Topaz Tilley. Jake can play and has proven it.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer said:

Way different situation.

For a start we are paying market rate for someone of Levers ability, we payed overs for Tilbrook at a time when it wasn't a professional game.

Lever has shown his ability at AFL level, Tillbrook hadn't played a VFL game when we signed him so he was an untried player at the level.

Tillbrook came in as the messiah, Lever is coming in to help our team...he's not expected to carry it.

Sleep easy 'Farmer'...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Diamond Jim was a big fish in a little pool, joining the VFL from SAFL  he was just another player, booming kick but lacked mongrel, hence downgrading to Topaz Tilley. Jake can play and has proven it.

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Certainly has proven his wealth , if not value!  11 th in  the B and F

Computer says no.

'diamond jim tilbrook' anagrams to 'mild knöb, major idiot.'

'jake lever' anagrams to 'leave jerk' Not as bad but hardly encouraging.

The cosmos disapproves of both of these recruitments and we have only ourselves to blame.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
pearl clutching auto censor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Is it possible that both Jake and big Johnny Tilbrook have the same player agents? I recall that we bet the Members' Stand on  Tilbrook, to very little effect.

I think Tilbrook's manager was one Richard M Nixon. Things didn't work out well for either he or Diamond Jim the footballer.

4 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

I think Tilbrook's manager was one Richard M Nixon. Things didn't work out well for either he or Diamond Jim the footballer.

Maybe that's what the missing 18 and a half minutes on the tapes concerned? 

There was a reason why Hunter S. Thompson was as scathing as he was in that obituary he wrote, you know.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert
Hunter Douglas. Thompson?

3 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

There was a reason why Hunter S. Thompson was as scathing as he was in that obituary he wrote, you know.

I miss Hunter Stockton...

4 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

WJ, Colin, that's why one subscribes ( at great cost) to this site!

well done.

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I miss Hunter Stockton...

The articles he would write about the Donald would be almost gentlemanly compared to his tour de force takedown of Nixon:

'You didn't have know to who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.'

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

34 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Computer says no.

'diamond jim tilbrook' anagrams to 'mild knöb, major idiot.'

'jake lever' anagrams to 'leave jerk' Not as bad but hardly encouraging.

The cosmos disapproves of both of these recruitments and we have only ourselves to blame.

lol, you on the Ganja early today mate?

:P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Farmer said:

Certainly has proven his wealth , if not value!  11 th in  the B and F

Farmer, B&F's are chook raffles. IMO if he had resigned with Adelaide he would have been top 3.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Hunter S Thompson was scathing about everything, pity he is not around for an opinion piece on Trump

3 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

The articles he would write about the Donald would be almost gentlemanly compared to his tour de force takedown of Nixon:

'You didn't have know to who Richard Nixon was to be a victim of his ugly, Nazi spirit.'

His Nixon obituary was legendary!

Top 10 
1. Matt Crouch 315
2. Rory Sloane 253
3. Rory Laird 226
4. Sam Jacobs 224
5. Richard Douglas 219
6. Taylor Walker 211
7. Tom Lynch 203
8. Brad Crouch 194
9. Brodie Smith 194
10. Eddie Betts 187

10 handy players who beat him. 

I have my concerns that we paid too much at the trade table and that we'll also have to temper expectations because he played in a very good team with a lot of support - a excellent CHB in Talia, a decent other tall in Hartigan and 2 excellent flankers to move the ball in Laird and Smith helped him play his role.

He also plays a fairly risky game backing himself to zone off and be the interceptor. 

All of that said when he's having a good game he's an exceptional interceptor and can control a game. Plus is young enough to keep improving and the right kind of leader.

45 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Hunter S Thompson was scathing about everything, pity he is not around for an opinion piece on Trump

He did like drugs, firearms, peacocks, alcohol and NFL football, the last being the one thing he and Nixon had in common.

He felt Nixon almost seemed honorable compared to the Cheney neo cons. He would have shuddered at the Trump people.

26 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Top 10 
1. Matt Crouch 315
2. Rory Sloane 253
3. Rory Laird 226
4. Sam Jacobs 224
5. Richard Douglas 219
6. Taylor Walker 211
7. Tom Lynch 203
8. Brad Crouch 194
9. Brodie Smith 194
10. Eddie Betts 187

I have my concerns that we paid too much at the trade table and that we'll also have to temper expectations because he played in a very good team with a lot of support - a excellent CHB in Talia, a decent other tall in Hartigan and 2 excellent flankers to move the ball in Laird and Smith helped him play his role.

He also plays a fairly risky game backing himself to zone off and be the interceptor. 

All of that said when he's having a good game he's an exceptional interceptor and can control a game. Plus is young enough to keep improving and the right kind of leader.

If Lever had stayed in Adelaide the Top 10 B&F would have looked a lot different

We recruited a great young player and they know it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

Top 10 
1. Matt Crouch 315
2. Rory Sloane 253
3. Rory Laird 226
4. Sam Jacobs 224
5. Richard Douglas 219
6. Taylor Walker 211
7. Tom Lynch 203
8. Brad Crouch 194
9. Brodie Smith 194
10. Eddie Betts 187

Of course we paid too much for him!!! He is not even a key defender, or at least, has not played as one . How does he compare with, for example, Hibberd? I saw him last year against one of the young key forwards in one of the " new clubs". Talia had left the ground, injured. Lever was outmarked repeatedly.

it attracted no attention at the time. It was the second half of the game and Adelaide were miles in front, but it showed me this bloke is not, at least at this time, a key defender.

anyway, he may well improve!

Well you will be pleased to know that DJ is at present in Allahabad by the Ganges.

Very special spot as it is the confluence of three rivers ... one which you cannot see.

According to Hindu religion if I bathe in the waters I may avoid re-incarnation.

Now what has this got to do with this thread... nothing and probably about the same relevance as the great DJ to Lever.

While we're at it we could also mention Peter Moore and Kelvin Templeton. So many messiahs.

6 hours ago, rjay said:

Way different situation.

For a start we are paying market rate for someone of Levers ability, we payed overs for Tilbrook at a time when it wasn't a professional game.

Lever has shown his ability at AFL level, Tillbrook hadn't played a VFL game when we signed him so he was an untried player at the level.

Tillbrook came in as the messiah, Lever is coming in to help our team...he's not expected to carry it.

Sleep easy 'Farmer'..

I thought “Diamond” Joe Gutnick was the messiah

49 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Well you will be pleased to know that DJ is at present in Allahabad by the Ganges.

Very special spot as it is the confluence of three rivers ... one which you cannot see.

According to Hindu religion if I bathe in the waters I may avoid re-incarnation.

Now what has this got to do with this thread... nothing and probably about the same relevance as the great DJ to Lever.

While we're at it we could also mention Peter Moore and Kelvin Templeton. So many messiahs.

On pilgrimage to the local Kali temple to do puja for a Demon premiership?

Y0KXE.gif

• Like 1