AFL 360 tonight

jumbo returns

8 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Not even close, Bing.  They've won three in  row, and lost the three before that.

So have won 3 of their last 6. 

They're going ok, but it we had their injury list they wouldn't get close to us.

I stand corrected.

9 hours ago, bing181 said:

Based on what we saw last weekend, Saints are a danger to everyone. What is it now, 6 wins in a row?

Not sure they're a danger.

They've won 3 in a row against North, GC (home) and Freo who lost Sandilands when they were leading. If they beat Richmond this week and Essendon then I'll start to take notice of them.

If we had a full list then I reckon we'd beat Carlton, Port, North and Brisbane.

The 50/50 are Adelaide, saints and Pies.

lose Gws.

with our outs now I believe the ones we SHOULD win are 50/50 and the ones that are 50/50 we'll lose. Gws.. Well god knows what could happen. 

A week ago I was so confident and excited about making finals but with our injuries I'm getting nervous! 

15 minutes ago, armstrong35 said:

If we had a full list then I reckon we'd beat Carlton, Port, North and Brisbane.

The 50/50 are Adelaide, saints and Pies.

lose Gws.

with our outs now I believe the ones we SHOULD win are 50/50 and the ones that are 50/50 we'll lose. Gws.. Well god knows what could happen. 

A week ago I was so confident and excited about making finals but with our injuries I'm getting nervous! 

If we had a full list I would be confident we could beat everyone including GWS, nervous as hell about the next 4 weeks now 

1 hour ago, brendan said:

This week is massive, lose and I don't think we play finals, can see this season panning out as a what if 

Massive week, I reckon the game will be decided at the Gawn V Kruezer battle, last years all Australian Ruckman needs to find form against who I reckon is currently this years all Australian Ruckman.

4 hours ago, CityDee said:

Id rather not play Swans they have had it over us the last two times . More recently by kicking sideways ( a tactic we chose not or couldnt counter )  and in uncontested and contested possession counts . 

Anyone else in the eight I reckon we can beat . 

and why do you think they went to the wings all the time? coz they knew we were stuffed from 3 consecutive 6 day breaks and a trip to WA.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

We are no chance this week.

I wouldn't say no chance but to say our forward line and midfield are compromised is a massive understatement.

Hard to see us beating anyone anywhere at the moment but would love to be wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stretch Johnson said:

I wouldn't say no chance but to say our forward line and midfield are compromised is a massive understatement.

Hard to see us beating anyone anywhere at the moment but would love to be wrong.

If we play like we did against them in Round 2 then we lose.  We can't allow them to choke us and then hit us on the rebound.  Bolton knows they aren't much chop and he's got them playing super defensively.  If we just bomb it long and turn it over then we're in trouble.

However, if we can move the ball quickly and play footy that is similar to what we played against the Dogs and West Coast then we win, even with the injuries we have.  It will be harder to do with two of our best midfielders out, but we CAN do it.

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

If we play like we did against them in Round 2 then we lose.  We can't allow them to choke us and then hit us on the rebound.  Bolton knows they aren't much chop and he's got them playing super defensively.  If we just bomb it long and turn it over then we're in trouble.

However, if we can move the ball quickly and play footy that is similar to what we played against the Dogs and West Coast then we win, even with the injuries we have.  It will be harder to do with two of our best midfielders out, but we CAN do it.

As your thread alluded to, we need one of the lesser lights to put their hand up. Maybe even a couple.

And for god's sake, no more Hunt roaming around the forward line. What a waste. We badly missed his line breaking ability last week.

Just now, P-man said:

As your thread alluded to, we need one of the lesser lights to put their hand up. Maybe even a couple.

And for god's sake, no more Hunt roaming around the forward line. What a waste. We badly missed his line breaking ability last week.

Agree on both points.  Will Goody pull a few rabbits out of the hat and throw a Harmes into the middle for some centre bounces?  We know a guy like ANB can find the footy and lay some strong tackles, so hopefully he gets the opportunity to spend more time in the middle, especially with Garlett potentially returning.

And having Hunt off half back with Hibberd has to be the way to go.  It clearly didn't work last week and Goody doesn't strike me as a stubborn coach.  If it's not working then he's happy to change it.  Let's hope we see him across half back at 3:20pm this Sunday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Agree on both points.  Will Goody pull a few rabbits out of the hat and throw a Harmes into the middle for some centre bounces?  We know a guy like ANB can find the footy and lay some strong tackles, so hopefully he gets the opportunity to spend more time in the middle, especially with Garlett potentially returning.

And having Hunt off half back with Hibberd has to be the way to go.  It clearly didn't work last week and Goody doesn't strike me as a stubborn coach.  If it's not working then he's happy to change it.  Let's hope we see him across half back at 3:20pm this Sunday.

ANB would have to be a very strong chance as an onballer this week and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. And although it might be robbing peter to pay paul, Garlett (if he gets up) has shown in the past he can be dangerous coming out of the middle. Might be worth it as a wildcard for a few centre bounces. 

It's a big test for Goodwin. Lewis and Vince also need to earn their stripes over the next month. Lewis moreso as Vince has plenty of credits in the red and blue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, P-man said:

ANB would have to be a very strong chance as an onballer this week and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. And although it might be robbing peter to pay paul, Garlett (if he gets up) has shown in the past he can be dangerous coming out of the middle. Might be worth it as a wildcard for a few centre bounces. 

It's a big test for Goodwin. Lewis and Vince also need to earn their stripes over the next month. Lewis moreso as Vince has plenty of credits in the red and blue.

If both Jeffy and Hoges play, it will be hard to peel Jeffy away from Hoges' ankles.  Could kick a handful this week if he's 100%, Jeffy.

Midfield match-ups this week are going to be very interesting.  Does Melksham go to Gibbs?  Does Vince go to Murphy?  Who plays on Cripps?  Will they tag Oliver, and if they do, who will Gawn feed the ball to?

Big week for our backline coming up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

If both Jeffy and Hoges play, it will be hard to peel Jeffy away from Hoges' ankles.  Could kick a handful this week if he's 100%, Jeffy.

Midfield match-ups this week are going to be very interesting.  Does Melksham go to Gibbs?  Does Vince go to Murphy?  Who plays on Cripps?  Will they tag Oliver, and if they do, who will Gawn feed the ball to?

Big week for our backline coming up.

Bigger week for our midfield.

3 minutes ago, Devil is in the Detail said:

Bigger week for our midfield.

I'm almost admitting defeat in the midfield.  If our backline can hold strong, and we can get them on the rebound, it should be enough to see us get over the line.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, yoSMOKIE said:

Citing injuries before knowing who the in's are this week is misinformed at best

and just who can replace Jones and Viney then?   We may be lucky and get a couple of players back, but it is not misinformed to say we will be weaker without the known outs.  Whether that means we are doomed in another matter.

14 minutes ago, sue said:

and just who can replace Jones and Viney then?   We may be lucky and get a couple of players back, but it is not misinformed to say we will be weaker without the known outs.  Whether that means we are doomed in another matter.

JKH and a rotation involving Lewis, Vince and or Petracca (If we get Hogan back)

A lot of people need to get out of the pre-2013 Demons mentality. Yes, we are missing a few mids, but we have the depth to cover it these days. JKH will be hungry, and you could do a whole lot worse than those other 3 rotating through the middle.

Hogan and Jeffy back will seal it for me - releasing Truck into the guts and Hunt back to half back. With Hogan presenting targets all the way up to the wing and Jeffy running in to space we should win easily.

Don't lose sight of the fact we are a far better team across the board, even with injuries IMO.

Edited by Smokey

Sure we are  a far better team across the board and better placed to cover injuries than we were in the past.  Just saying  CB's post, though negative was not 'misinformed'.  He is just gloomier than you and it's not without reason when you lose your 2 most important inside mids who just happen to be our cpatains.

9 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

and why do you think they went to the wings all the time? coz they knew we were stuffed from 3 consecutive 6 day breaks and a trip to WA.

Make a tired or slower team run makes sense .

In my playing experience you didnt play in straight lines against teams with a dominant backline . spread them out and patiently kick to  a leading target into space .