Changes v Carlton

Gorgoroth

2 hours ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

I am updating this assuming Tyson also wont get up and after Casey's game.

In: Hogan, Garlett, Kennedy, Maynard, Smith

Out: Bugg, White, Wagner, Viney, Tyson

Changes are spot on. Would also hope that Brayshaw is back for Casey sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, martin said:

Doc Larkins,3AW. Just a knock,bad bruising but no ligament damage. Good result.

Is that his professional opinion or does he actually talk to clubs about the injuries on weekends?

6 hours ago, The end is nigh said:

Whilst I agree on most of your assessment that Carlton are building many dangerous things, I don't believe this one. Jetta is a gun at his job and no one (that is a reasonable match up for him) is good for 2 or 3 goals against him. No one. 

Who played on Wright in round 2? Pretty sure he kicked 3 or 4 and had like 20 touches. He had me worried that whole game..

7 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Jesus. How have this mob even lost a game this year? I think I'll plonk down some coin on them for the flag. 

Carlton have beaten both Sydney and GWS this year, and a more inexperienced version of their current team took care of us late last year when we were supposed to be pushing for a place in the 8.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging the opposition's strengths.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dl4e said:

The problem 4 the carlton game is both jones and viney missing. Both are so important for us.

Not to mention, Tyson, especially of late, has been more than handy around the stoppages, as was Salem.

1 hour ago, olisik said:

Lewis has to play in the guts. He has years of experience  in the role and his body is holding up. 

What a disappointment this guy is.  He picks and chooses and rarely goes for a hard ball.

But hey, he's got 4 flags already.  I get it.  He's also now got kids.  He's lost the edge and isn't super hungry like he once was.  

He's here for his super.  

I'm OK with it to an extent, as I believe his IP and time around our developing players is invaluable, but I no longer expect much from him during the 120 minutes of game play.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

All named in the bests but granted on a day they were  flogged.

Casey Demons Maynard Smith Kennedy-Harris Kent Kennedy Trengove

Jay Kennedy-Harris 1 goal 15 kicks 10 handballs 25 disposals 2 marks 8 tackles 107 dream team points
Ben Kennedy 1 behind 11 kicks 19 handballs 30 disposals 12 tackles 119 dream team points
Dean Kent 1 goals 1 behind 18 kicks 9 handballs 27 disposals 4 marks 4 tackles 104 dream team points
Joel Smith 9 kicks 12 handballs 21 disposals 8 marks 3 tackles 83 dream team points

Probably one match too early for Smith, he's missed a lot of footy. Against that, probably more upside than Wagner or White, so might as well start investing in him. Surely we're going to have to move Lewis onto the ball.

1 minute ago, ProDee said:

What a disappointment this guy is.  He picks and chooses and rarely goes for a hard ball.

But hey, he's got 4 flags already.  I get it.  He's also now got kids.  He's lost the edge and isn't super hungry like he once was.  

He's here for his super.  

I'm OK with it to an extent, as I believe his IP and time around our developing players is invaluable, but I no longer expect much from him during the 120 minutes of game play.

We have basically bought him in to be an on field assistant coach/role player. He was never going to be anything like his best but a little more leadership on field and off field definitely won't hurt us. 

Our midfield has now been handed over to the next wave 

2 minutes ago, Abe said:

We have basically bought him in to be an on field assistant coach/role player. He was never going to be anything like his best but a little more leadership on field and off field definitely won't hurt us. 

Our midfield has now been handed over to the next wave 

He was 2nd in Hawthorn's B&F last year and was given a 3 year contract.

I expected more output from a playing perspective.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Carlton have beaten both Sydney and GWS this year, and a more inexperienced version of their current team took care of us late last year when we were supposed to be pushing for a place in the 8.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging the opposition's strengths.

I didn't necessarily say there wasn't, bing.  He was just totally over the top in his assessment and made them out to be a finals side, which they aren't.  Their midfield is strong and Kreuzer is having easily his best season in the ruck, and is arguably the best ruckman in the game at the minute.  Docherty and Simpson also pull the strings from half back, but their forward line is poor and their tall backs are still developing.  Not to mention they lack quality everywhere else.

A full strength Melbourne side is an 8 goal better side.  I expect Sunday's game to go down to the wire with the side we will have next weekend.

• Like 1

IN: WATTS, GARLETT, HOGAN, JKH, KENNEDY, J.SMITH

OUT: VINEY, TYSON, BUGG, WAGNER, WHITE, STRETCH

Glad Bugg is going to get suspended, he is spud, hopefully he never plays a game for us again.

If Hogan, Garlett and Watts come in it will more than compensate for Viney and the possible loss of Tyson.

Watts can go back for Wagner if need be. Garlett is our #1 fwd 50 defensive player and a big reason we have been able to lock the ball inside our 50 this year and was sorely missed on Friday. Hogan in will allow Tmac to go back and play as the loose man in defence and petracca to go mid full time

Our midfield will have to work a bit harder but we have Gawn hitting to Oliver, Vince, Petracca, Lewis, ANB and stay with me Melksham (where his hardness and quick kicking out off packs is a positive, unlike when he plays back), it may not be our A team but if we are to seriously be contending in finals and not just making up numbers, beating a team like Carlton regardless of outs is a must and what good teams do.

Edited by Garbo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

IN: WATTS, GARLETT, HOGAN, JKH, KENNEDY, J.SMITH

OUT: VINEY, TYSON, BUGG, WAGNER, WHITE, STRETCH

Glad Bugg is going to get suspended, he is spud, hopefully he never plays a game for us again.

You know that as a supporter you support the players who play for the club right?

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 6

Would it be too much to ask for a Bye.?

. Need to face reality we won't beat anyone with a second grade midfield. Some of our play after half time looked like 2013 all over again, I can't see us winning until August. Realistically we have 6 of our best 10 out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Return to Glory said:

You know that as a supporter you support the players who play for the club right?

As a supporter and member I can please myself as to my views.

I can't stand Bugg and hope he's played his last game in red and blue.

Mainly because he's sh1thouse.

• Like 4