GAMEDAY - Round 8

Interesting to see Hogan out due illness(some may say injury).Personally I think Hogan's heart is not in it,whether it is the MFC or football in general. The club should trade Jesse at the end of the year.We should try to get LEVER (adelaide) and 2M Peter (Gold Coast),we also need to get a decent mid and a mid in waiting (back up). Gee I don't want much.As a club we don't seem to be able to fast track any new players,which is probably because the teams coaching staff are unable to think outside the square. Who is going to be our next big "thing" (nobody). The AFL need to give us a priority 2nd round pick meaning we get two picks. If I keep on drinking SHIRAZ to help relieve the stress the Demons place on me I am likely to [censored] out a kidney.Forget 2018

2 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

Interesting to see Hogan out due illness(some may say injury).Personally I think Hogan's heart is not in it,whether it is the MFC or football in general. The club should trade Jesse at the end of the year.We should try to get LEVER (adelaide) and 2M Peter (Gold Coast),we also need to get a decent mid and a mid in waiting (back up). Gee I don't want much.As a club we don't seem to be able to fast track any new players,which is probably because the teams coaching staff are unable to think outside the square. Who is going to be our next big "thing" (nobody). The AFL need to give us a priority 2nd round pick meaning we get two picks. If I keep on drinking SHIRAZ to help relieve the stress the Demons place on me I am likely to [censored] out a kidney.Forget 2018

How many bottles have you had today?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

Jesse's father just died. Has been ill for most of the time he has been at Melbourne. I don't blame him for his heart not being entirely in it right now.

I'm not going to bother explaining my disagreement with you opinions on the club's inability to fast track new players, the problem Melbourne has of not having a 'next big thing' or the picks that we deserve from the AFL. Do you even follow this team? Are you thinking of Carlton or something maybe?

"Personally" i think you should just have another glass....

Edited by mongrel
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

hmm....must be sipping or drinking light beer if you can still use a keyboard

He's just 'practiced' ;)

11 minutes ago, mongrel said:

Jesse's father just died. Has been ill for most of the time he has been at Melbourne. I don't blame him for his heart not being entirely in it right now.

I'm not going to bother explaining my disagreement with you opinions on the club's inability to fast track new players, the problem Melbourne has of not having a 'next big thing' or the picks that we deserve from the AFL. Do you even follow this team? Are you thinking of Carlton or something maybe?

"Personally" i think you should just have another glass....

For me, the worst period was the two weeks after my dad’s funeral. The adrenaline and meaning of the funeral were gone and there was just this mounting emptiness over the next few weeks that really was hard to deal with. I’m not surprised Jesse’s having trouble now, if it is that and not an injury.

• Like 7

Hogan out is a massive blow. We struggled badly enough in moving forwards efficiently when he wasn't playing, let alone when he was.

Without his option to kick to at half-forward or up on the wing, I can see a lot of turnovers around the half-forward area, which is the worst place possible to turn it over against any club, let alone Adelaide in Adelaide.

If we can break even, or win, clearances (especially centre clearances), I still think we can score enough to at the very least be competitive, but if we're relying on generating scoring shots from our defensive 50 I don't like our chances.

22 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Unlike Borewood softies dc, we are real men in Romsey  and can handle our liquor.

i suppose you still have  a 1hr25m to get legless then you can snooze through the disaster

18 minutes ago, Chook said:

For me, the worst period was the two weeks after my dad’s funeral. The adrenaline and meaning of the funeral were gone and there was just this mounting emptiness over the next few weeks that really was hard to deal with. I’m not surprised Jesse’s having trouble now, if it is that and not an injury.

It can go on even longer if you happen to have a rello who cany abide a person's last testament.

Twas nearly 3 years before my head was in a space to grieve.

I only mention this as there is NO normal here. It'd be very individual to the mourner.

There are good days, which then stribg together but it can only take the daftess thing to bring you undone.

Itll be whatever it be.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Trac at full forward?

Weid at FF, he cant play another position, at least not yet.  Doesnt have the tank, strength or agility for CHF.

His job is to fly for everything and create a contest and crumbs for Trac, Garlet, Kent etc,...  any marks or goals from him will be a bonus.

Just now, Abe said:

Toying with no even watching this one 

I can't. Blessings

56 minutes ago, leehow said:

Cordy and Adams are defenders. (Adams playing forward because of injury). Campbell is a ruckman. Boyd's best position is in the ruck. Crameri i would say is a mid sized forward rather than a KPF. 

Nit picking where so and so plays or plays their best football is not the point...they have the flexibility on their list that we don't.

A key forward, ruck or defender goes down and they can cover it pretty well, we can't.

We have a list problem, I'm pretty sure the FD would know this (if they don't we have real problems) and will work to rectify it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Trac at full forward?

He will definitely have to play as a leading forward through parts of the game. Would prefer him getting more touches/involvement further up the ground. It's a catch 22.

Without hogan does Adelaide forget about having the spare man to block Hogan's leads and float around for intercept marks?

I can see them taking the risk early to test our forwardline with the lack of marking ability.

4 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

It can go on even longer if you happen to have a rello who cany abide a person's last testament.

Twas nearly 3 years before my head was in a space to grieve.

I only mention this as there is NO normal here. It'd be very individual to the mourner.

There are good days, which then stribg together but it can only take the daftess thing to bring you undone.

Itll be whatever it be.

This. My Dad died after the Hawthorn win last year. I didnt even watch the rest of the season. Footy is the last thing on your mind.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

Just now, Petraccattack said:

Weid at FF, he cant play another position, at least not yet.  Doesnt have the tank, strength or agility for CHF.

His job is to fly for everything and create a contest and crumbs for Trac, Garlet, Kent etc,...  any marks or goals from him will be a bonus.

True but i have zreo confidence in Weid.....maybe this will be his breakout game

Just now, leave it to deever said:

True but i have zreo confidence in Weid.....maybe this will be his breakout game

Ideally he wouldnt be playing, hes not close to ready still.. We are desperate.  Tim Smith, or even Joel Smith up forward, would be playing if available.