POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 7

Demonland

3 minutes ago, --coach-- said:

After the game the Melbourne coach declared the players brought a questionable attitude to the game against Hawthorn on Sunday.

My question is, when will we stop bringing a questionable attitude to games???

Where is this quote from? And if accurate, I'll be even more [censored] livid with this team than I already am. When will they stop drinking their own bathwater?

Edited by SaberFang
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Sure. But there are times to speak. And i think now is one of them. 

We have not improved from last year and we should have. 

Kicking skills in the first half especially were shocking

And what would you have him say, and how would it change anything?

• Like 1

Just now, dees189227 said:

Went to the game today. The 2nd half was great barring the result. We played good football. Unfortunately it was a bit late. The 1st half was shocking. Way to many handballs and turning over the ball. Also we just didnt man up properly. 

I like the moves Goodwin did for the 2nd half. Hunt forward was good and maybe keep him there and Frost off the backline was great. His run is fantastic. 

But yes having Max and even Jake out is hurting us. 

Burgoyne hurt us today with his disposal. Roughead was just to good and McEvoy hurt us as well. also they took a lot of contested marks. 

I also found when the ball went into there 50 all our defenders would go up leaving there small forwards free or no defender went up. Need to work on that. 

also was it just me or did people there fell that last quarter was a bit short. It only went for 28 minutes and 6 goals were kicked. and I thought Bernie should have got the ball in a lot quicker in the final seconds rather than hang onto it and do a short pass. He has the long boot. Just get it in there. 

But I just hope next week against the crows we bring the 2nd half game and not the 1st half, otherwise we will get blown out of the ground. 

Goodwin's move at the half were great. TMac back to defend, Hunt to the fwd line. 

Burgoyne was very good today and physical.

The number of times we had 3 and 4 defenders flying for the ball to spoil was abysmal.

Just now, Wiseblood said:

And what would you have him say, and how would it change anything?

That is up to him. I want a Prez who has a bit more passion tbh

the club doesn't hurt enough. Never has, since Smith was sacked. 

It is why we are where we are....

• Like 1

Can somebody explain what kind of player JKH is meant to be? Is he even a small forward? He's obviously short in height, but he has no pace and looks built like a nugget that doesn't use any of his body or throw himself into players. Can't leap very high, and not fast enough to break away when crumbiing. We've already got Petracca in there who is of the bullocking style. Why a small version of him? We obviously need to be stacking the forward line with small forward GOAL SNEAKS as well as a third tall

Edited by DominatrixTyson
  • Like 3

Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

That is up to him. I want a Prez who has a bit more passion tbh

the club doesn't hurt enough. Never has, since Smith was sacked. 

It is why we are where we are....

Righto, SWYL.  I'm sure Bartlett coming out and saying something will lift the curse and we'll go on a 20 game win streak that leads to a flag.

Again, you are totally clutching at straws.  You are the king of total exaggeration after a loss.  We go down by 3 points and you talk curses, wanting to hear from the president and that we play VFL level footy.  Have a lie down, big fella, it will do you some good.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SaberFang said:

Where is this quote from? And if accurate, I'll be even more [censored] livid with this team than I already am. When will they stop drinking their own bathwater?

Melbourne coach says tackling pressure and team defence cost Dees
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-07/dees-attitude-was-questionable-goodwin

11 minutes ago, --coach-- said:

After the game the Melbourne coach declared the players brought a questionable attitude to the game against Hawthorn on Sunday. AFL website: http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-07/dees-attitude-was-questionable-goodwin

Irony.

Attitude is coaches job , surely ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

The number of times we had 3 and 4 defenders flying for the ball to spoil was abysmal.

And after we did this 15 seconds into the final quarter and the Hawks kicked the goal, it never looked like we would win. It raises a question, who is the onfield leader of the defence who creates order when this is happening? 

Edited by Waltham33
  • Like 4

also another thing was instead of us leaking goals at the end of quarters like we have in the past few weeks, today we leaked them in the first 20 seconds of the 3rd and final quarter. 

also not sure if Melbourne just thought the win was going to happen today 

On the topic of our Pres I would like him to find a jumper sponsor for us. 

• Like 1

Righto, SWYL.  I'm sure Bartlett coming out and saying something will lift the curse and we'll go on a 20 game win streak that leads to a flag.

Again, you are totally clutching at straws.  You are the king of total exaggeration after a loss.  We go down by 3 points and you talk curses, wanting to hear from the president and that we play VFL level footy.  Have a lie down, big fella, it will do you some good.

So you are content with a 3 point loss to a side that is a shell of its former self. 

This is exactly my point

WE AS A CLUB DO NOT HURT ENOUGH

and until we do Todays losses will keep happening. 

We should have beaten them by 50-70 points if this clubhad the right ATTITUDE

Where was Captain Jones in the 1st Q?

Missing targets more than once. 

I said it last year. We must import Real Leadership into the club, like North Melbourne did in'73 (4 Captains they recruited, including ours)

So you are content with a 3 point loss to a side that is a shell of its former self. 

This is exactly my point

WE AS A CLUB DO NOT HURT ENOUGH

and until we do Todays losses will keep happening. 

We should have beaten them by 50-70 points if this clubhad the right ATTITUDE

Where was Captain Jones in the 1st Q?

Missing targets more than once. 

I said it last year. We must import Real Leadership into the club, like North Melbourne did in'73 (4 Captains they recruited, including ours)

Not at all.  I'm hurting like everyone else, I just choose not to make ridiculous calls like you do.  Big difference.

And yes, I'm sure what North did some 43 years ago will work for us as well.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jack son 5 said:

I might be wrong, will have to check the replay, but I'm sure 6 Melbourne players went up for the mark in their defensive 50 in the first qtr. 

Salem and Oliver spoilt each other too which resulted in a Hawks goal. Gotta talk out there, Oliver should've either called it "mine" or called Salem back.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Salem and Oliver spoilt each other too which resulted in a Hawks goal. Gotta talk out there, Oliver should've either called it "mine" or called Salem back.

Our players spoil and run into each other every game. It's a comedy of errors.

then to top it off we have 6 players all jump for the same mark and fall down in a giant heap as it bounces off them.

8 minutes ago, olisik said:

Melbourne coach says tackling pressure and team defence cost Dees
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-07/dees-attitude-was-questionable-goodwin

Coach Killers still lurking on our list. 

Attitude wrong.  How often are we fed that?

I suppose I can still fantasize for a few more weeks. Brisbane were 4-5 after nine rounds in 2001, stormed home and created a dynasty. 

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Fair enough to have a bit of doom and gloom. It's a long way back from here. Losing to average and poor sides will kills us even if we DO lift and beat some top 8 sides.

• Like 3

Not at all.  I'm hurting like everyone else, I just choose not to make ridiculous calls like you do.  Big difference.

I am the company man and was utterly disgusted with the first half

Again I had to stop someone's scarf going in the bin on the way home

Again though, it is just footy, nobody dies, another game next week but if we play like that first half again think will be hitting more than the pints of McCracken 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

What have i said that is ridiculous?

whorethorn had a losing average of 75 points before they belted us inthe 1st Quarter

when are these lazy bastards going to wake up and actually accept responsibility?

jones is finished going on todays first half

let's get real

What have i said that is ridiculous?

whorethorn had a losing average of 75 points before they belted us inthe 1st Quarter

when are these lazy bastards going to wake up and actually accept responsibility?

jones is finished going on todays first half

let's get real

You're like a 14 year old girl whose parents have stopped her from going to the Justin Bieber concert.  You'll yell anything at them that you think will be cutting, regardless of how silly it sounds.  You can add the bolded bit to that list.  Calm your farm.

• Like 3