Training - Monday 9th January, 2017

Whispering_Jack

16 hours ago, Deeoldfart said:

Thanks Jack.  Pleased to read on the MFC website that it's at Gosch's (albeit an 11am start) and not at Casey.  This means that I can still fit in training tomorrow, and the necessary 'family things', before heading home to Canberra ... such is my love for the Melbourne Football Club, and in particular, my excitement about its near and longer-term future.  Go Dees! 

Oh dear, I think I've had too much wine!

I am struggling to see the down side!

• Like 3

Split up into positions now. Mids doing 6 on 6 boundary throw in simulation.

Most backs praciticing punching a long kick in across the line. 

Garlo, frost, Salem and oscar doing some constested marking work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waynewussell said:

Others not sighted so far, Huet, Johnstone, Hannon, Filipovic, McKenna

Afl induction day at Etihad for all newly listed AFL players today.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

Thanks to the reporters from slightly stormy Merimbula (Melbourne's most outer suburb!)

Stop in at Eden and look at the Whale museum yet? Riveting stuff.

Thanks for the updates, @Satyriconhome have any nice chats with anyone today?

Edited by AzzKikA
  • Like 1

Watts concussion from knock to jaw

Hibberd knee grumbling just managing it

ANB and JKH hope to be main group Friday, ANB knee and JKH been building his core, ran fastest time ever last week in testing

Tyson and Kent early walking laps

Hogan the standout today along with Birthday Boy Brayshaw

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Watts concussion from knock to jaw

Hibberd knee grumbling just managing it

ANB and JKH hope to be main group Friday, ANB knee and JKH been building his core, ran fastest time ever last week in testing

Tyson and Kent early walking laps

Hogan the standout today along with Birthday Boy Brayshaw

Thanks Saty

Any idea how far Tyson/Kent are from resuming?

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Seems odd that this hasn't made the news or even the MFC website. A 2-3 month injury to a best 22 player.

No real benefit in the club updating us this time of year until things are confirmed or we are closer to games and if the media aren't prying then may as well just let things go. I'm sure Misso will do an injury update within the next few weeks. He usually does one once a month over summer.

13 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

ANB has done it 3 times, the last of which was when Jordan Lewis fell across his leg in a session just before Xmas.

The last time was not a dislocation, he got hit in exactly the wrong spot, that was from Ben Mathews when it happened and I confirmed it with ANB today, he is probably a week away, just being ultra cautious because of the past history, he was pounding round the track today with JKH

As for Tyson, he told me a quad and 4 to 6 weeks, he is not walking with a limp, there is no strapping to the knee, so I assume a quad inljury, got absolutely nothing from Kent, which is the norm

38 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

Dom Tyson dislocated his patella at the camp. He'll need everything to go right to be ready for round 1.

What's your sauce?

Saty has provided his from the horses mouth and considering there's no strapping his knee I'm also skeptical.

• Like 1

Went to training today and agree with previous reports.  ANB and JKH running fast laps.  Heard Watta say "if only I could run like that" as they powered around.  ANB doesn't look to be injured to me and in fact the five in rehab didn't look inconvenienced at all. 

Was standing right near Trenners and Misso as Trenners was being put through what looked like "burst from a standing start" drill.  He did this drill in straight lines and then breaking both left and right.  He had one of our blokes hold him back with a exercise band making it harder to burst.  Good to see they are working on his specific weaknesses.  In general practice he looked good but of course it wasn't contested crowded situations.

Unlike Saty I didn't think Hogan was a standout and actually thought he was blowing a bit of dust out after missing last week.  No real standouts for me today other than perhaps Stretch but really they all looked pretty good.  What really pleased me was when they were running 220's in pairs Harmes was leading Jones in the front pair and AVB and Melksham were really powering just behind.  Hogan and Petracca were jogging behind so I don't know what the story was there.  Oliver didn't seem out of place in the running which is pleasing and Salem did the full session despite reports of a head knock before Christmas at the camp.  The only disappointment for me was Petracca's kicking which missed the mark a bit but he might just have been having an off day.

Apparently they had a gruelling session on Saturday which finished with 3 x 1km runs.  Trac was so exhausted he caught the cart back to AAMI! 

All in all they looked really good today but of course it's just training.  Good to see so many on the park.

Edit: the other one who impressed today was Nev Jetta.  His kicking was very good indeed in all the drills and he was heavily involved.

Edited by Vogon Poetry
  • Like 22

31 minutes ago, McQueen said:

What's your sauce?

Saty has provided his from the horses mouth and considering there's no strapping his knee I'm also skeptical.

Fair call. I heard it from a player's mother today at training

. I told her I'd heard it was a quad and she told me with certainty what Dom had done.

Edited by Tough Kent

19 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Unlike Saty I didn't think Hogan was a standout

Gee Vogon you should have trotted up to the other end for the drill where the forwards were practicing their running patterns and leading and marking and then taking turns defending, Hogan was not beaten once

With the running at the end, Tommy Mc was running in the middle of the pack with his brother, and the other running machine Bugg was near the back so assume Hogan and Trac and the others mentioned were running on instruction

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vogon Poetry said:

Hogan and Petracca were jogging behind so I don't know what the story was there. 

To hazard a guess, I would say its because Hogan was in his first session back from perth and because CP5 has really troubles aerobically. His effort is undeniable but it seems like he is forever stuggling to get his fitness up. May take a few years. I wouldnt be too conserned though, he's so competitive that every effort is fantastic even when he is tired, just means we'll have to be patient waiting for the Gawn, Viney, Oliver, Petracca centre square lineup. But when it comes, they are going to be hard to beat.

13 minutes ago, Tough Kent said:

Fair call. I heard it from a player's mother today at training

. I told her I'd heard it was a quad and she told me with certainty what Dom had done.

Not sure what the true story is now, but concerned with the lack of strapping of any sort if he did the patella, did a couple of kicks as he was walking around so put all the weight on the right leg as he kicked with the left, ANB had the strapping on for nearly a month

• Like 1