Paul Roos on MMM

Demi Dee

Noticed a little promo from MMM today, announcing Chris Judd and Paul Roos as commentators for next year. 

Given the Pies need for senior advisors, is this a transitional position, or a role for Roos to provide advice without the commitment. Or, am I overthinking it? 

• Like 1

I reckon you're overthinking it, i get the impression Roosy is done with club land. 

Having said that by round 12 this year if the Suns, Tigers and Pies have had rubbish starts to the year, they may all be shopping for a new coach and all three are capable of offering big $$ his way, so who knows.

Wonder if Roosy will talk about us constantly like he used to do with the Swans?

• Like 5

I thought the same. No interest in football at all, Tammy's career and family first, Hawaii all the way. To which I congratulate him on his priorities. So what's changed? now in town for the season. 

Agreed, he has done his job and I hold no resentment for him progressing his career.  I just have a feeling that when big jobs at the Pies are involved and Eddie pops someone on the media payroll, that where there's smoke sometimes there is fire.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demi Dee said:

I thought the same. No interest in football at all, Tammy's career and family first, Hawaii all the way. To which I congratulate him on his priorities. So what's changed? now in town for the season. 

Agreed, he has done his job and I hold no resentment for him progressing his career.  I just have a feeling that when big jobs at the Pies are involved and Eddie pops someone on the media payroll, that where there's smoke sometimes there is fire.  

I just hope it all goes [censored] up at the Pies and there is constant speculation of Roos coaching them. If he does or not meh, we have moved on, in Goody we trust.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demi Dee said:

Noticed a little promo from MMM today, announcing Chris Judd and Paul Roos as commentators for next year. 

Given the Pies need for senior advisors, is this a transitional position, or a role for Roos to provide advice without the commitment. Or, am I overthinking it? 

Apart from Eddie hosting the breakfast show, McGuire and Collingwood have absolutely nothing to do with the ownership or management of Triple M or the southern cross Austereo network.

the thread title may as well be Paul Roos gets a job.

Just eddie, nibbling at Roosy's toenails, just in case.

Judd's taking over from Buckley...

...or maybe Roos is and they are setting Judd up as the coach in waiting.

Eddie has previous experiences with succession planning.

I mean what could go wrong.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 4

Your probably right. He probably gets his own coffee too. 

The public denile of interest in Roos, June this year, is enough for me. 

Maybe I'll rename the thread "nothing to see here" or "Eddie's influence, best served to patients recovering from surgery" 

just making a note of topics that MAY be of interest to Demon supporters. Don't necessarily believe that is the case, but, following with interest.  

Glass of wine firmly in hand  

Edited by Demi Dee

6 hours ago, Members' Wing said:

This is what Roos said he'd be doing all along. 6 months in Hawaii, 6 in Melbourne where he'd be working in the media.

But nobody expected there would be a vacant poistion at collingwood (not buckleys) after Roos' 6 months in Hawaii. The balme and guppy debacle has left the door open for a brief return for Roos. A 6 month highly paid succession plan would be ideal for him. He always said he couldn't committ to a club because he wouldn't be around for the preseason.

12 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

But nobody expected there would be a vacant poistion at collingwood (not buckleys) after Roos' 6 months in Hawaii. The balme and guppy debacle has left the door open for a brief return for Roos. A 6 month highly paid succession plan would be ideal for him. He always said he couldn't committ to a club because he wouldn't be around for the preseason.

He is an experienced/successful coach, not a football manager though.  I know their are some similarities in the roles, but that doesn't necessarily make him the best walk up start at the pies.  It would probably also be seen as undermining Buckley's position.

6 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

He is an experienced/successful coach, not a football manager though.  I know their are some similarities in the roles, but that doesn't necessarily make him the best walk up start at the pies.  It would probably also be seen as undermining Buckley's position.

I doubt that would worry Eddie. Pretty confident his highest priority would be the PR.

10 hours ago, McQueen said:

Judd commenting on the footy?

Put away the Stilnox, we have a natural alternative.

Juddy isn't that bad - he's always come across well - it is however a fine line between being overly sensational every moment of the game and stating the bleeding obvious of what you can optically see...

11 hours ago, Hellfish said:

Apart from Eddie hosting the breakfast show, McGuire and Collingwood have absolutely nothing to do with the ownership or management of Triple M or the southern cross Austereo network.

the thread title may as well be Paul Roos gets a job.

Based on some of South Cross-Austereo's recent digital acquisitions, I wouldn't be surprised of Cowboy McGuire is indeed in charge down there.

I see that the recent edition of the 'Heartbeat' magazine sent to members lists all club employees. Because it's retrospective, it includes Paul Roos as Senior Coach. It also lists Tami Roos as the person in charge of "Mediatation".  I assume that's some sort of crossover between Meditation, Mediation and working in the Media...or MMM. 

I hope that even though he's left he will still feel very welcome back at Melbourne whatever he decides to do in 2017. I always got the impression that he was eying the finish line towards the end of his tenure. That doesn't mean I though he was slacking but just that he looked tired and when asked about his plans he would regularly point to the fact that Tammy has had to make sacrifices in order for him to take the role on.

I'd be very surprised to him full time at club land in the near future, media is a nice cushy role for him to keep some dosh rolling in.